Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Found original Hood Badges and Seat Belt recepticles on eBay NOS?

907 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Fotografa 
#1 ·
HI everyone,

Not sure if anyone is looking, but I found these original hood emblems for our SL's on eBay. Glad to have found 'em as even the Classic Center said they weren't available anymore and offered me the replacement found on the current models... ugh

Mercedes Benz Hood Emblem 560SL Original oem mercedes - eBay (item 180672902625 end time Jun-25-11 12:33:38 PDT)

Another good find, there are some NOS OEM seatbelt recepticles for a really good price of 60 bucks ea free shipping. Bought and am saving for when we redo the seats. Stealership was going to charge me a fortune for these! has about 10 left. I think if I treat with the 303 Aerospace they will stay nice for a long time after install

Seat Belt Buckle OEM NOS Mercedes Benz New 380sl 560sl | eBay

Happy shopping!

#2 ·
Excuse my ignorance, but these emblems are still available from Mercedes here in South Africa.

#3 ·
Apparently that would be my ignorance? lol

My parts guy said that apparently here in the US, the original part number has been replaced with a new one as a substitute. WHen I emeiled the classic center they told me the same thing.. Hmm.

Not trying to mislead anyone. Just thouht I was helping. Have no connection to the seller.

#4 ·
And now I feel like a right twat! I didn't want to imply anything here. My best guess would be that our local Merc boffs still has stock somewhere in the kitchen cupboard, which will eventually also get replaced by the newer versions.

#5 ·
Don't believe everything the Classic Centre tells you.

yes, the new plastic bonnet badge will fit, but it is not actually the replacemnt part for the 107's, at least not according to EPC.

Now yes, the 107 bonnet badge has changed at least once, from 107 817 00 16 to 107 880 00 88, BUT 107 880 00 88 is still available and it is still the proper metal, embossed and enamelled badge.

Yes, if you were to go to Autohaus AZ website and type in 107 880 00 88 it will give you part number 638 817 01 16 ( Your Parts Search Returned 1 Part(s) ) BUT, I know that 107 880 00 88 is available, because I got one a few weeks back! Where from you ask? From The Classic Centre.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.