Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Should W107 plastic inner grill be grey (gray)?

5K views 41 replies 14 participants last post by  4wsboy 
#1 ·
I noticed the plastic grill is kind of dull. Were these always this colour or were they dark and just faded over the years? If they were dark, can they be painted?

#2 ·
Aye, they should be dark grey and smooth. They will fade and get rough after many years.

see below for pics of mine with one new and one old, before I replaced the 2nd one.

They were cheap, about AUD$40ish after shipping I think.

Attachments

#18 ·
which do you prefer ?
It annoys me when before and after pics are posted from differing vantage points (or upside-down)... That said, Nice Job. I agree the black does look better. I thought of painting mine, but the ashen color matches the patina of the rest so painting it will have to wait for the "full Monty".

Until this thread, I did not realize the slats were supposed to be black! Makes me wonder about the color of the rocker skirts... On a 560, what color are they? Mine kinda match the color of the slats.

#20 ·
^^^ yes, they are some kind of dark matte grey, definitely not black!

and it is better to remove the whole grille if you are at it, the backside of the chrome grille is often rusted and the sealing between chrome grille and hood has to be renewed. Also the screws holding the grille usually have to be renewed.

#31 ·
Please be patient with us. We still haven't gotten past the hood/bonnet and trunk/boot thing. :rolleyes:

Not everyone has enough time to get enough Top Gear and Dr. Who to be able to translate.

"Two countried divided by a common language..."

I think the technical term is 'semantic drift'.

It's all in fun, so let's just agree to enjoy the ride, and work out the differences as we go. And laugh. That's important.

#41 ·
Let's not forget to get the torch, and go under the bonnet, or may be the boot depending on positioning, and check the accumulator before we get pissed, and if you flash that vicory sign ( peace sign) at me one more time, we're going to rock and roll... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.