Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Will These Wheels Fit?

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  imelmo 
#1 ·
#3 ·
You would need an ET23 offset for the 16x7's. Any tire shop can tell you what size tire would be best going from stock to a 16" tire, or you can google for a wheel and tire calculator.

#4 ·
I'm pretty confident that you'd be fine with an offset ranging from 10-30, but 23-25 is ideal for a 7" wide on a 107.

They will likely fit in function. Not style. :) Don't throw away your old wheels.

16x8 et11 with 225/50/16 tires is about as good/big as it gets without putting on a staggered set.

#6 ·
If you like chrome, these would be a good fit. I'm pretty sure the price is negotiable. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sal...1587339-fs-chrome-wheels-tires-w126-15-a.html
:)

They are not 16's, and the tires are near the end of their life. If your wheels are 15's then you could swap tires when they are due to change (assuming your tires are good).

The chrome is perfect on 3 of the 4 wheels (even on the back sides). The fourth has two very small pitting spots that have started. It's very tough to notice though.

#10 ·
I thought about those, but they just have a little "too much" chrome I think. The wheel is too solid imo to be chrome and would kind of take away from the car. That's my opinion anyway.

One more thing. These wheels are available at tire rack, and are fairly close to period correct if you are looking for a new, period-correct wheel.

They come in both chrome plated, and silver painted, and both 15 and 16".

EDIT:
If money is no option, then these wheels are the most desired for our (era) cars. MERCEDES BENZ - AMG NOS 16" WHEELS 5 SPOKE STAGGERED | eBay

Those are sharp looking, but unfortunately money IS an object, lol.

...and there are a set of 8 hole rims on the Springfield MO Craigslist with recent tires at a very reasonable price. :thumbsup:

Excellent condition full set of Rims with Tires

That looks like an excellent deal, but I just don't think silver wheels would look right with the color of this car (green/gold factory color). The factory wheels on it are silver and they just don't look right to me.

Right now I'm thinking either the ones I posted above or ones just like the factory ones that are on it but in chrome. If the factory style ones came in 16" I would just do those w/o question.

#7 · (Edited)

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
One more thing. These wheels are available at tire rack, and are fairly close to period correct if you are looking for a new, period-correct wheel.

They come in both chrome plated, and silver painted, and both 15 and 16".

EDIT:
If money is no option, then these wheels are the most desired for our (era) cars. MERCEDES BENZ - AMG NOS 16" WHEELS 5 SPOKE STAGGERED | eBay
...and there are a set of 8 hole rims on the Springfield MO Craigslist with recent tires at a very reasonable price. :thumbsup:

http://springfield.craigslist.org/pts/2386129305.html

#11 ·
Here's two rough photochops I did. They both look a little too "gangstery" to me actually. Do they sell the factory wheels like above in chrome anywhere in a 15" or 16" size?

#13 · (Edited)
That set in Springfield, MO is worth that price for the tires alone. Too bad they are so far away, and I probably need 225/50 not 225/55. Bummer.

imelmo:
So it looks like you've got 14" bundts on your car that you are looking to replace. Doing the +2 on the wheels and tires will look great. If you coudl figure out that Springfield, MO set, you probably won't beat that price anywhere, probably even with shipping.

Nonetheless, don't forget about this option that would be ready to bolt-on for a factory look (less the chrome).

I'm negotiable, just looking for some funds to help buy tires for my 16" wheels.

EDIT:
Do they sell the factory wheels like above in chrome anywhere in a 15" or 16" size?
If you by "they" you mean me, then "Yes". I'm selling a set of 15" chrome 15-hole wheels. These where technically never used on the 107, as the w126 and r107 shared 7jx15 et23 (or et25 ?) wheels. I believe that in 1990, the w126 switched to these 6.5jx15 et21.5 wheels that I have for sale. The tires on these are 185/65/15 which is a little smaller than the 205/65/15 that I believe you'll want in the end. I considered putting on two 205's now, but I'm looking to stop spending money on this set of wheels. (Already bought the 4th wheel to complete the set of 4, and now paying to have a tire moved from a mismatched wheel and to have them all balanced. I gotta stop!)

#15 ·
Thanx for all the replies. :D I ended up getting some of the 15" Euromeister chrome 8 hole replica wheels because I found a really nice package deal for them including tires. Here's a pic with 'em on the car:

Pretty happy with the look, rides awesome with the new tires, and the chrome quality of the wheels seems to be pretty good.

The one problem I've found though is the factory center caps do not fit; they're too big. I have some on backorder from performanceproducts4benz (where I got the wheels and tires from) but I'm fairly certain they're gonna be the same size as the factory ones.

Does anyone know where I can find center caps to fit them?

#17 ·
Ok, I'll try that. The stock plastic ones go on, but not all the way. They stick out about an 1/8", maybe a little more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.