Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Delilah May Get a New Engine

676 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  daryn 
#1 ·
Well. Nothing definite yet. But it could happen. I now have the car, the engine the transmission, most of the tools and most of all the knowledge. What I no longer have is youth. Believe it or not I did get older since starting Samson in 2006. But I do have a 13 year old son so maybe I can peak some interest.

What really will happen with this car.

1) I need to perfect the front subframe into a frame a more production like version that will accept either an M120 V12 or M113 V8. Because alot of people are just scared shit of the concept of V12 ownership.
2) I need to develop aftermarket fuel management systems and transmission controls. I really want another car to do that with. This will most likely be done in some donor 107 vehicle before being put into Delilah.
3) I would also like to develop a 6 sp. manual shift trans with gated shifter

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Maybe you should go check out the grassrootsmotorsports forum, there are many very smart people who have done megasquirt setups and engine swaps and stuff over my head. I'd bet someone over there could help you figure out the engine and transmission controls. I guess everything is computer controlled so it is above my head.

Good luck with your project. It doesn't look like it takes much damage to total an r129 out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.