Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

When to Apply Dr. Colorchip

952 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  crb49 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 1985 380sl. It has several small chips which appear to be a result of carelessness when taking the hardtop on and off. My question is should I try to cover with Dr. Colorchip before or after detailing the car? Also, does anyone have a better suggestion that Dr. Colorchip? Thanks.

#2 ·
Any type of detailing involves waxes and/or silicone based products.
Both of which paint will not stick.

Further to that, touching up the chips will not restore your paint to it's former glory but will keep the area from being obvious....so any decent touch up paint should do the trick.

Remember...clean clean clean. Then paint, then detailing.

PS....Please fill in your profile.

Post a pic.

#6 · (Edited)
Without a doubt I would recommend dr cc for the job over a regular touch up pen or equivolent. The blending capabilities are much more subtle than anything else I've used through the years. They also have oem color matching down and they should ask brand/color codes when ordering. Apply prior to the detail and I would wait at least a few days to detail until everything has a chance to set and harden.

Btw, my 380 also happens to be arctic white.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.