Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

A project for Werner

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Werner W 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Yeah I saw that one earlier. The guy is asking way to much. Neither my 500 nor Atomlinson's had a floor like that so I can only imagine how bad the rust is around the rest of the car. Would be interesting just to poke around and learn what the progression of rust looks like everywhere else on the car.

#5 · (Edited)
I suspect that the car had been rained in with the top down or had a leaky roof. My 350SL had similar rust but it was pretty much limited to the floors and rotted inside out. The under seal actually made it look a lot better then it was but both sides were pretty much held together with under seal.

That said, the fenders, quarters , rockers and even the trunk floor was in pretty good shape.

I think that it can be saved, if it was local and under $1.5k, then i'd take a shot. But not at $4k.

Check the guy's email address :) It seems to me that he may have the skills to put new metal in.

#6 · (Edited)
Check the guy's email address :) It seems to me that he may have the skills to put new metal in.

hitmanwelding, ... interesting. If he ain't willing to take it on,..

If the floor looks like that then I'm willing to bet the platform under the rear seat looks like that. And from those two areas water is likely to end up inside the rockers also. Probably the trunk too.

#13 ·
If there is anything good to be said, floorboards are supposed to be a very good place for a beginner to learn how to weld, because strength is more important than appearance.

I had a car where the feet of the back seat passengers were entirely suspended by the carpet!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.