Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

OT: WARNING! The Great Blizzard of 2011!

10K views 196 replies 32 participants last post by  petesmga 
#1 ·
The Government has issued a weather travel warning due to the cold, snow and ice.

They suggest that anyone travelling in the current icy conditions should make sure they have the following:

Shovel
Blankets or sleeping bag
Candles
Extra clothing including hat and gloves
24 hours worth of food
3 litres of water
De-Icer
Rock Salt
Flashlight with spare batteries
Road Flares or Reflective Triangles
Gas Can
First Aid Kit
Booster cables

I sure looked like an idiot on the bus this morning...

#82 ·
A consult of the ol' Urban Dictionary revealed...

Momo: A generic insult used to describe one who is irritating, annoying, or an idiot. (synonyms include but are not limited too: ass, asshole, bastard, bitch, blockhead, bonehead, cocksucker, dick, dickhead, dolt, dope, dunce, fool, halfwit, idiot, imbecile, jackass, jerk, mother-fucker, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, numskull, rascal, scamp, schmo, schmuck, simpleton, son of a bitch, tomfool, twerp)
1. If someone is driving badly, one might say "Hey momo! Learn to drive!"
2. If a loud crow outside your window wakes you up, you might say "God! Shut up stupid momo bird!"

Ever at the bleeding edge of pop culture are you, bud.

Concurrently I checked R107. No entry.

Then 107. Paydirt.

1. 107: (one-oh-seven) Used to describe a miracle (from just unbelievable stuff to real miracles). It comes from the devine number 7. The one-oh in front of it is just used to make it easier to pronounce (unlike seven-seven-seven).
Guy1: Holy .., did you see that plane crash into that building?

Guy2: I sure did, it was 107!

2. 107: One of the first numbers starting with 1 on the urban dictionary that didn't have a definition yet. It means when you get a phoner at your job.
dude!I got fired for a 107 at mcdonalds!​

That's nice. (I think. Gotta look up phoner.)

But on further review, I found you can type damn near anything into the Urban Dictionary and get an allegedly hip word with which to drop at a staff meeting and immediately irradiage* your younger colleagues.

(*Not there yet. But you heard it here, first.)

Good road,

#90 ·
Well I got some. Weather that is. About another 8" of the white stuff and going to -4F tonight. This is the worst winter I have experienced since moving here in '98. Of course where I moved from is in no better shape. Just getting tired of it.
Kind of gives me a perspective on how DigMeOut felt last year.

#92 ·
Several of the guys I worked with live in The Villages near Orlando. I have visited and been invited to move there. I liked it but would have to give up too much to live there. I don't play golf and hate having someone tell me what I can and can't do in my driveway.

#110 ·
Thanks Pete. My brother-in-law went out yesterday afternoon to have a look, he has (had) a boat in there. Here's a photo he took with his cell. My H-D is on the left, under the debris. No idea what it looks like. I'll get out there this weekend.

Be careful in that bucket!

This was a 4 bay building, with a nice walk down pit.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.