Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

OT: WARNING! The Great Blizzard of 2011!

10K views 196 replies 32 participants last post by  petesmga 
#1 ·
The Government has issued a weather travel warning due to the cold, snow and ice.

They suggest that anyone travelling in the current icy conditions should make sure they have the following:

Shovel
Blankets or sleeping bag
Candles
Extra clothing including hat and gloves
24 hours worth of food
3 litres of water
De-Icer
Rock Salt
Flashlight with spare batteries
Road Flares or Reflective Triangles
Gas Can
First Aid Kit
Booster cables

I sure looked like an idiot on the bus this morning...

#41 ·
Colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra....1 inch of ice covering the roads....i ventured out this morning and ended up helping two women push their cars out of the taco bell parking lot. it was funny as hell, people kept pulling in and then not being able to back out of their parking spaces. this was supposed to be a great money making week for the superbowl festivities... it probably wont be coming back to Dallas any time soon.

#57 ·
I also find it hard to believe how much crap I've accumulated.

I have heard it suggested that if you haven't touched it in three years, you don't need it; you never will.

My FIL says that you spend half your life accumulating possessions, and the other half getting rid of them.

#62 ·
Not to ruin the party, but try to schedule a funeral in this shit, sure was fun. Didn't know if the graveyard was going to be open wednesday.....:(
I'm back home now and don't care what it does. Sure was glad the initial forcast didn't come true.....

Going to miss my sis...................

#65 ·
I know everyone sends there condolances, and thanks, lets not clutter this with all that. just get tired of that kind of family reuniun, was nice to see everyone though.

The weatherman couldn't have sent out a shittier forcast..... Looking forward to the spring...... and the ability to use my left arm again... :) Now back to your regular broadcasting..........

PS. I have a friend in Dallas that always sends me messages, and pics of his ass in shorts this time of year, and actually just got one labled " I Love Texas".. How do you like it now......... :) and they call it global warming...........

#72 ·
Pipe under the kitchen sink burst and flooded the house when it thawed off. I was at the hobby shop when I got a call from the gf freaking out. By the time I got home, my living room was full of water. I got the water turned off and cleaned up. Plumber is on the way, thank heaven for wet and dry vacs.

#78 ·
It wasn't snowing when I left Barrie at my regular leaving time.

5 minutes South of me, the snow was raging.

The "fast" lane was the clearest so that's where all the momos decided to drive 40 kph.

That kind of ignorance drives me nuts.

I managed to get to work 20 minutes late.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.