Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Another part NLA

783 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  rowdie 
#1 · (Edited)
My window decided to stop working, I checked the switch and thought it was fine, but checked the working side without properly installing the switch. On the slc there is a button below the switch that need to be plugged in for it to work, I was stupid and didn't test it correctly so I decided to open up the door panel. Straight forward job but the center clip got stuck and wouldn't come off. A big pain to get it out, cut the crap out of my hands in the door.

If you ever has a switch fail, just pull it apart clean the contacts and put it back together, really nothing to them. The lift side of the switch came out of the track and wouldn't work. I pulled it apart, cleaned it, reinstalled and it works now. If a switch breaks they are very easy to repair.

In the window the bottom stop for the rail was broken and the water deflector rail was also. I just epoxied the stop back together on the bottom of the rail, but wanted to replace the window water rail deflector.

Well the part A1077250168 is NLA from mercedes. Anyone know where I can find one? I figure that I might as well repair the window correctly as I don't want to have to reopen this door again. In the mean time I'm checked the central locking for leaks, I can hear one as I drive but done know where it is as.

Thanks folks!

See less See more
#3 ·
#5 ·
Unfortunately like a few other suppliers, their data-base is from out out of date M-B parts list. It gets quite frustrating after a while when you are trying to find an NLA part, and one supplier after another lets you purchase and pay before emailing you a day or two later to say they no longer have it.

#4 ·
Keep it Foto you might need it.

11$ shipping on a 3 dollar part that would cost 3$ to ship through usps in an envelope.

Thanks GA I'll keep that avenue open. I'm not even sure what the part is supposed to do. I think it gives the water that makes it past the window seal a way to get to the door bottom without going over the whole window lift mechanism.

Funny thing is it looks like mercedes hired a roofer to waterproof inside the door. They used tar paper and mastic in there. It must be fun to weld in the door with all that crap.

#8 ·
Keep it Foto you might need it.

11$ shipping on a 3 dollar part that would cost 3$ to ship through usps in an envelope.

Thanks GA I'll keep that avenue open. I'm not even sure what the part is supposed to do. I think it gives the water that makes it past the window seal a way to get to the door bottom without going over the whole window lift mechanism.

Funny thing is it looks like mercedes hired a roofer to waterproof inside the door. They used tar paper and mastic in there. It must be fun to weld in the door with all that crap.
That is what gives you that vault door closing sound when you close the doors (among the other things). It prevents drumming. Look under your kitchen sink, has the same thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.