Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Horst saw his shadow

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Werner W 
#1 · (Edited)
Well after about a month and a lot of effort, with the stronger sunshine the driveway is finally clean and dry.:) Horst pulled off his cover started right up and rolled out of the garage and into the sunshine and sat and idled for about 30 minutes.:) And he saw his shadow.:( He rolled back into the garage and covered up again.:mad: Another big storm is coming this week.:crybaby2:

#8 ·
Whoever designed the flat roof is an idiot. People here in the bay area have flat roof which don't drain after rain meaning either you have a small pool on the roof or pump the water off. You should see the neighbor pump the roof off, mini niagara falls.

Good luck back east, here in california we have gotten about 3 weeks of sunshine and more to come. Might be a dry year.

#12 ·
Besides being a flat roof in snow country, the original owner contracted out the build of the house. When they dug the foundation instead of getting rid of soil they piled it around the yard so three sides of the house have the grade slopeing toward the foundation. Over the years I,ve gottoon most of that stuff taken care of. BTW the original owner was an engineer on the Big-Dig in Boston!!, amazing the house is still standing.

#17 ·
More snow and ice on Saturday, I can't wait. Worse part is since my surgery January 2010, my entire upper body aches a few days before a storm hits, its getting to be non stop aching. And early weather reporting is looking at possibly another big storm hitting again on Wednesday. I'm running out of room to pile all this snow. Driving is getting interesting around here since its getting tough to see over and around intersections, corners and driveways.
And the hits keep on coming. Oh well, one day closer to spring I say:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.