Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1984 Mercedes-Benz 280sl - European Model on LA CL

6K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  48hp 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
yeah, something's a little off with this one.

though the ad states can be delivered with new seat covers as the originals are worn, they look quite nice in the photos.

#9 ·
You know what the hardest thing to get for that car is going to be...the 280SL badge for the trunk lid....the 113 models don't fit 'cuz they have different hole patterns...of course they've already bondo'd up the rear deck anyways so just glue on a 280Z emblem and nobody will notice...lol...oh yeah and just tell them the chrome trim molding was missing from Paris....And did you see that Humongo AIR pump next to AC compressor...that's gotta pull 25 hp off the motor...probably sounds like a diesel at idle...

#11 ·
A little bit of overspray on the first aid kit holder. Interior is a little TOO nice for that mileage.
The windshield washer fluid reservoir looks shoved into position as an after thought ( had to be moved for the air pump)
The rear bumper just doesn't look right at the corners............trust me.....I spent hours re fitting mine. I am intimate with the rear bumper.
Nice colour combo, though. I wish that interior was in my car.

#12 ·
Interesting item to overspray, lol. And I too thought the interior looks great in the photos but again the seller is suggesting new covers be installed. :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.