Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What do 500slc headers look like?

739 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  supercharger6.9 
#1 ·
I recently purchased an '81 500SLC. So much of the car is different than what the datacard suggests, I am curious to know what the stock headers look like for this car. I wonder if they were changed in the federalization process or sold and replaced.

Anyway, I could be way off base but still curious. Does anyone have a pic they can post?

#3 ·
Thanks. I will do both of those. I took pics but haven't uploaded them yet obviously. It sounds like you are saying they should be tri-y's. They certainly do not look like the logs on my 560SEL but also not quite like the tri's I have seen in other pics...Stay tuned for images of what I DO have...

#6 ·
Ok Steve, I am pretty sure mine do look like that (at least on the exhaust side). Thank you for posting those. I should have thought to look at your site for the answer.

BTW, my vin is WDB10702612002372. I have joined the 107.026 specific forum and hope to be added to the registry.

Thanks again everyone!

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.