Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

FUSE CHART

35K views 80 replies 29 participants last post by  BayAreaBenz85 
#1 ·
Hey is there a fuse chart somewhere I can take to the local auto parts and purchase the correct fuses? I am having a window problem, took a look at fuses, some are still the silver type. I read where they should all be changed out for the copper type. Need a chart for 1980 450sl.
Thanks, BB:confused:

#13 · (Edited)
Rachel is not the first one to get frustrated looking for a Fuse Layout chart for their 107. Problem is that there are many variations and not only by model year. There are a few in the preceding posts, but it would be really useful if owners would take a picture of the fuse diagram on the back of the cover in the passenger footwell (at least on older cars) and post it here. Or, if already posted on the forum, provide the link. Thanks!

A new thread titled R/C Fuse Chart Compendium (as suggested by Rachel350SL) has been put together and can be found at this link:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c...-c107-fuse-chart-compendium.html#post14265337

It has the most recent input received from members (as of April 27, 2016)

Links previously here have been moved to new thread.

Feel free to keep posting your fusebox cards here! I will try and incorporate them in the Compendium.

#23 ·
There are a few in the preceding posts, but it would be really useful if owners would take a picture of the fuse diagram on the back of the cover in the passenger footwell (at least on older cars) and post it here. Or, if already posted on the forum, provide the link. Thanks!

Graham, Here a link to my 2/2015 post where I listed my remade fuse chart for my German 1975 350SL Euro. The original one was torn and in German, so I used Publisher and made my own English version. The result is attached.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/2280930-107-fuse-designation-list-remake.html

I offered the Publisher file by request because this site wouldn't allow me to post a Publisher file. I still have it somewhere.

I hope this helps.

GD

Attachments

#18 ·
1974 450SL

I got a replacement Marking Strip from Classic Center for the fuse cover that came with my car. In fact, I was going to verify the fuse designations at the GTG this weekend. Notice, no Aux Fan, which is certainly consistent with my particular car.

I haven't glued it onto the old fuse cover, but I do have it scanned to TIFF if someone needed a copy via email.

Other stock numbers for my model might be 107-545-07-00 which was later replaced by 107-545-19-00, per the CC.

#19 ·
1974 450SL

I got a replacement Marking Strip from Classic Center for the fuse cover that came with my car. In fact, I was going to verify the fuse designations at the GTG this weekend. Notice, no Aux Fan, which is certainly consistent with my particular car.

I haven't glued it onto the old fuse cover, but I do have it scanned to TIFF if someone needed a copy via email.

Other stock numbers for my model might be 107-545-07-00 which was later replaced by 107-545-19-00, per the CC.
Just to clarify - CC sent you 107 545 04 00 as in the picture? And that is for a 74?

Interesting that you could get one from CC, but Rachel could not.

#24 · (Edited)
Hi Rachel,
This thread is already linked from EGv107. It and the table in post #13 are a little hard to find (they were put in Section 82, Body Electrical and Lighting). In EPC, the 450SL fuse box is in section 54 - Electrical. Perhaps we should also have a link from there?

We have most of the early cars covered, just a few model years for 450SL missing. But not much on 280/380SLs and Euro models like 300 and 420.
Hopefully owners of those will pitch in so we have all models covered. (see post #13 for current status)

#34 ·
Thanks - added to chart in post #13

Have many model years now. Missing NA models are
450SL 1977 and 1979
380SL 1984 and 1985
560SL 1989 (and 1986 needs confirmation)

Euro and ROW models can also be added (we have two)

#44 · (Edited)
Rowdie,
There is a note on post #1 of the Compendium thread asking for initial posts to be in this thread. But no big problem either way. What could be a problem, if we don't get them all in soon, is that my ability to edit the Compendium Post#1 will end and the I won't be able to add to the listing and links (Not sure how long we get before "edit" goes away?

BTW, I took the pictures posted here and where needed, rotated them or enhanced them a bit so as to provide a more uniform look in the Compendium

The compendium had been added to section 82 of EGv107 last time I looked. That is where this thread is too. In EPC, fusebox is in section 54, but 82 is fine with me :)

#46 ·
Hey MBGraham,
I sat down with printouts of all of the Compendium information from
1971/2 early 350SL Card# 1075450000 In German Info from Chiltons added

that is: Peter 107's fuse chart in German, the second fuse chart (is that from Engr693?), the translation provided by Engr693, the Chilton's page and my handwritten fuse chart for my 1971/2 350SL,
and I put into the Google Translator every word in German from the two pictured fuse charts - which are identical btw, and its nice because where one is illegible the other is legible.
This is what I learned:
The translation from the 2 pictured fuse charts exactly matches my handwritten chart.
The Chilton's varies, and I wonder, is it because its a Canadian version? It also as you mentioned fits better on the 450 than the 350. Still, its not the same as the 3 fuse charts we know came from early 350SLs, which makes me really comfortable about the fuse chart. I am asking my mechanic to verify, and I think he'll find that easy because I asked him to install a lot of electrical caca (back up camera, GPS headunit, bluetooth handsfree kit, power antenna, radar detector) so he's BTDT for a lot of the fuse box already...
I'll also get a picture of my fuse box to add.
If someone can tell me the colors of the fuses looks like 30 and 15, I will color code the list as well.
Also, how does it work when the Kl is 58, or 56a or 56b, wtf is that?
And on slots 10 and 14, why does it say they are 15 Kl and then in the description say Kl 86, 30?

This pdf fits in the plastic cover for the '87 I bought, and there's a similar plastic one on my car now, but it was originally with a metal clip like the pictured fuse charts.
I swear I had an English version at some point, but its gone with the original cover.

I believe this English translation is more accurate and complete than Engr693
I have the German and English typed out but the German characters become gobbledegook when I try to print it. Lemme know if you want it as a text file or something?

Attachments

#47 · (Edited)
Hey MBGraham,

If someone can tell me the colors of the fuses looks like 30 and 15, I will color code the list as well.
Also, how does it work when the Kl is 58, or 56a or 56b, wtf is that?
And on slots 10 and 14, why does it say they are 15 Kl and then in the description say Kl 86, 30?
Rachel,
Many of those numbers - 15, 30, 58 etc are circuit numbers. They are not the fuse amperages. Some, but not all, fuse charts provide both amperage and circuit number. The circuit numbers cross reference to the main wiring diagram. See this post.

If you look at Cush's 1973 chart, he made up one for his car that is a bit more clear. He colour coded the fuse numbers to indicate amperage. 8A - White, 16A - Red, 25A - Blue. Then added the circuit numbers. Some early cars used a 2 or 5A for radio (but now radios have their own fuse, so could be 8A?). The '78 chart you posted used symbols to indicate amperage. triangle - 5A, rectangle - 8A, circle - 16A, solid circle - 25A.

OK - Had a look at your chart. The fuse ratings for your car would be same as what Chilton says are for a 450SL! Fuse 6 is also 8A and Chilton has it as a side marker light. Maybe if you put an 8A fuse in there you will get side markers lights to light up? (front side marker lights are on side of headlight and outermost bulb in tail light) On later cars these were included on fuse 13.

It could be useful to have a chart with the circuit numbers, so perhaps just add the fuse amperages alongside where you now have the circuit numbers?

PS: Sounds like you will need a whole new chart once your mechanic is done!

#49 ·
Please if you can indicate where I should make changes I will!

(30 Kl)
Autom. Antenne
Car. antenna

(30 Kl)
Parkleuchten, Zeituhr, Kofferraumleuchte, Handschuhkastenleuchte, Einstiegleuchten, warnblinkanlage
Parking lamps, clock, luggage compartment light, glove box lamp, courtesy lamps warning flashers

(30 Kl)
Radio
Radio

(30 Kl)
Lichthupe
flash

(15 Kl)
Scheibenwischer, Scheibenwoschpumpe, Signalhörner, Zigarrenanzünder
Wipers, windshield washer pump, signal horns, cigarette lighter

(56 Kl)
[Empty]

(15 Kl)
Heiz-Kühlgebläse
Heating-cooling fan

(15 Kl)
Blinklicht, Rückfahrlicht, Kombi-Instrument
Low beam, daytime running lights, instrument cluster

(15 Kl)
Zusatzlüfter Klimaanlage
Additional fan air conditioning

(15 Kl)
Bremslicht, Relais Startventil Kl. 30
Stop lamp, relay start valve Kl. 30

(15 Kl)
heizbare Hecksche
Heated rear window

(15 Kl)
Autom. Getreibe
Automatic transmission

(58 Kl)
Standlicht recht, Schlusslicht rechts, Kennzeichenbeleuchtg, Instrumentenbeleuchtg
Parking light right, bottom right, number plate lights, instrument lighting

(15 Kl)
Elektronik-Hauptrelais KI. 86, Kraftstoff-Förderpumpe-Relais Kl. 30
Electronics main relay KI. 86, fuel pump relay Kl. 30

(58 Kl)
Nebellicht, Nebelschlusslicht
Fog lamps, rear fog light

(58 Kl)
Standlicht links, Schlusslicht links
Parking light left tail light left

(56a Kl)
Fernlicht rechts, Fernlichtkontrolle
Right high beam, high beam control

(56a Kl)
Fernlicht links
High beam left

(56b Kl)
Abblendlicht rechts
dimmed headlights right

(56b Kl)
Abblendlicht links
dimmed headlights left

#50 · (Edited)
I added the fuse amperages (in orange) using Chiltons as a guide. I don't know what Kl is short for in German, so eliminated it! It means something like circuit number. Added low beam which likely the equivalent of "dimmed".

ADDED: Amperages in RED are from post #53 below and could be the way the car was originally? No way of knowing really.

Please if you can indicate where I should make changes I will!

(8A, 30)
Autom. Antenne
Car. antenna

(8A, 30)
Parkleuchten, Zeituhr, Kofferraumleuchte, Handschuhkastenleuchte, Einstiegleuchten, warnblinkanlage
Parking lamps, clock, luggage compartment light, glove box lamp, courtesy lamps warning flashers

(2A, 30) or (RED, 16A see post #53 )
Radio
Radio

(8A, 30) or (RED, 16A see post #53 )
Lichthupe
Headlight Flasher

(25A, 15) BLUE
Scheibenwischer, Scheibenwoschpumpe, Signalhörner, Zigarrenanzünder
Wipers, windshield washer pump, signal horns, cigarette lighter

(8A, 56)
[Empty]

(8A, 15) or (RED, 16A see post #53 )
Heiz-Kühlgebläse
Heating-cooling fan

(8A, 15)
Blinklicht, Rückfahrlicht, Kombi-Instrument
Low beam, daytime running lights, instrument cluster

(8A, 15)
Zusatzlüfter Klimaanlage
Additional fan air conditioning

(8A, 15)
Bremslicht, Relais Startventil
Stop lamp, relay start valve

(25A, 15) or (RED, 16A see post #53 )
heizbare Hecksche
Heated rear window

(8A, 15)
Autom. Getreibe
Automatic transmission

(8A, 58)
Standlicht recht, Schlusslicht rechts, Kennzeichenbeleuchtg, Instrumentenbeleuchtg
Parking light right, bottom right, number plate lights, instrument lighting

(8A, 15)
Elektronik-Hauptrelais KI. 86, Kraftstoff-Förderpumpe-Relais Kl. 30
Electronics main relay KI. 86, fuel pump relay Kl. 30

(8A, 58)
Nebellicht, Nebelschlusslicht
Fog lamps, rear fog light

(8A, 58)
Standlicht links, Schlusslicht links
Parking light left tail light left

(8A, 56a)
Fernlicht rechts, Fernlichtkontrolle
Right high beam, high beam control

(8A, 56a)
Fernlicht links
High beam left

(8A, 56b)
Abblendlicht rechts
dimmed headlights right (low beam)

(8A, 56b) or (RED, 16A see post #53 )
Abblendlicht links
dimmed headlights left (low beam)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.