Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

FINALLY! - My SL Finally Detailed

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Fiorano 
#1 ·
Well here she is, my 560SL from the US shipped to Dubai and having had the detailing work done and the new rims fitted, i think she looks great.

Thoughts People? . . . .

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
we have an office in Dubai. my only thoughts are.........keep the car in a garage. that sand mist that floats around in that part of the world will kill your car.

Also, the heat....and humidity. I hear it's 200 degrees with a 150% humidity....you wonder why AC is such a commodity.

I work with an architectural firm. HQ is in South Florida with a 12 man firm in Dubai.

good luck.

#10 ·
Hey Guys - Thanks for your replies :

Chief - I've fitted a 5" fixed/tilt head unit with a slimline 500w amp in the boot (trunk) It has a GPS facility but i haven't yet configured it. The doors have no cavity space so i'm going to convert the door pockets to hold 2 x 2 speakers with tweeters. Nothing fancy or in your face but i just want some decent sound. I'll post another pic by tomorrow.
Your right - gas is cheaper here - about $2 a gallon.

Ronacallo - The rims are 16 inch Lorinsers from the same era as the car. The rears are a wider track. I've fitted some 15mm hubcentric spacers on the front to fill out the arches and give it a wider track. Sadly, the rims are still in big demand :(
The economy is growing quite rapidly here and there is a demand for professionally qualified people. Autotuning is a growing market here - thought of setting up a small business here??

Rob - if you get a chance, pop over here. Its a rapidly dymanic city. Unfortunately, i have to park my car in the shade during the day and basement overnight. As of yesterday, my AC was blowing ice cold. The compressor is kaputt so i'll need this as well as a new drier bottle and expansion valve. Temp right now is a little hot (43-51 degrees and about 80% humidity) but hey, everywhere has AC so its not too bad. For 8 months after summer, the weather is much much better.

Come on ussun - its not that bad - they have plenty of trees and greenery. Its just that its artificially planted and irrigated constantly.

Bereng - The headrests were a pretty cheap idea. I ordered them off US Ebay for $10 and the garage here just cut the excessive twin rods, threaded what was left and anchored them to the hood cover. They did a really great job. I'll get you some close up shots later.

Quick question guys but the temp gauge in the middle of the dash - is that outside temp or water temp reading?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.