Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Pentas- color code or...?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  isthisdave 
#1 ·
I'm going to be getting a set of 15" pentas/r9s (the look more like the r9 but aren't Ronals) which are currently black. As much as I like black wheels I doubt it will look good on a metallic brown car so i will need to re-paint the centers. Question is, do I color code them which might be odd considering the cars color, or do something else? Silver maybe? Anyone with better ideas? Thanks.

#2 ·
You get three color choices with brown - silver, gold, or body color brown. Unfortunately, they all look a tad strange to me. I've seen the gold wheels on a brown car before and it looked horrific - that one's out. Silver looks the best, but those Ronals are begging to be painted (like most old-school Ronals). I have seen the brown Ronal R9s on a brown car before - it sounds bad, but it looks fairly good.

I have a rule never to buy a brown Mercedes - you just can't do anything with that color to spice it up.

#3 ·
Not a bad rule but I kinda like the color of my car, just because it' so fitting of the era. It also looks great in the sun, takes on a nice bronze color. But you're so right about the wheels. If I went with basketweaves I'd probably do gold (although what you said above might make me think twice) but gold pentas sounds horrible. I guess I'll have to try the color coded look and see.

#4 ·
Did a photoshop job and here's what they look like, more or less, color coded. Works for me, except for the centercap, that'll have to be painted I think.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.