Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Where's the A/C now, stupid?

2K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  ussun 
#1 ·
Last year I removed the non functioning AC in favor of, well, no AC. What the hell.It's only warm here 4 months of the year and HOT maybe two weeks total of that.
Good Lord, it's hot today! I think I have heat stroke. Or maybe I am having a stroke.
Nevertheless, I wish I had AC at this very moment. Two days from now it won't matter because hot weather is like money and woman. Here today...gone tomorrow.

#2 ·
Too hot

Too hot here to drive it, so I took it in for some little service projects. Third day of the nineties and about 5 more to come. Maybe I should think about getting my A/C compressor replaced, seeing as it quit working this time last year. Just took off the belt and let it sit.

#3 ·
smack said:
Too hot here to drive it, so I took it in for some little service projects. Third day of the nineties and about 5 more to come. Maybe I should think about getting my A/C compressor replaced, seeing as it quit working this time last year. Just took off the belt and let it sit.
20" of rain since April 30,
Alot for around here
Now the sun shines
The humugity rises
The grass grows unabated
The SL remains topless, undercover
Waiting for the dry time.

#4 ·
another famous texan

BenzToy said:
20" of rain since April 30,
Alot for around here
Now the sun shines
The humugity rises
The grass grows unabated
The SL remains topless, undercover
Waiting for the dry time.
Another infamous Texan says there is no global warming - nothing to worry about.

#6 ·
Thanks for your input, Shakespeare.

I guess I was still suffering from some sorta stroke because I washed and waxed the road warrior before dinner. Dinner ended up being at 19:30. I had about 6 appetizers, though. One per panel. Sweat running down the crack of my ass.
Car looks nice though.
I need an Advil.

#8 ·
It isn't supposed to be this hot in Detroit! I was driving with the top down yesterday and my ears got sunburned, kind of like the dried pig ear dog treats. I was at least smart enough to use the a/c on the way back(which I had fixed 2 weeks ago, cost: a little over $1,100.00, getting out of the car without a sweat spot over every crease of my body: priceless:D ).

Smack, I used Eurotech on Woodward in Royal Oak, nice people, knowledgable, and reasonably priced. Lots of sl's on their lot to be fixxed. Good luck to all those sufferring from the heat.

#9 ·
EuroTech's son was just killed in a motorcycle accident so things there are a bit out of whack for now. I use John & Holger on 9mile in Eastpointe. I have been very satisfied with their work, and he advises against some of the stuff I want to do. When he does replace stuff, it's either OE or top grade aftermarket. No complaints, whatsoever.

#10 ·
I did it again today. Drove to work and back in the blazing sun. Man, is it hot here again. I am as red as a tomato despite applying sunscreen. In fact, nobette took a picture of me.

Attachments

#12 ·
DOCJBK said:
I'm sorry to hear about Rick's son ( Eurotech). Nobby I like the picture, a little vodka (maybe a lot) will take care of the burn.
Vodka, hmmmm. Are you a doctor? Can vodka be prescribed?

#14 ·
You start thinking about AC about the same time you start sweating like a pig. In my car it was real bad until I finally figured out how to work the heater control. My mechanic back home said that people spend $2000 dollars getting an AC in these cars, that's why I wanna get it fixed. Let me tell a little story about being in a hot car.

My pops and I drove down to San Diego once to visit the Grandparents and while driving along highway five in out toyota pickup we noticed the temperature guage was getting hot, unusual for a jap car. Let me mention that it was 90*F outside and once your in the valley there is no turning back. We had to run the heater blower at full blast so the car wouldn't overheat. It must have been 100*F in the car with the windows down. Turns out the aluminum radiator decided to give up the ghost and shut down half the radiator. Now that's hot! I figure if I ever decide to autocross/race my bike in fool leathers I better get used to sweating.

You think getting your ears burned is bad, this past weekend I burned the top of an eyelid while riding my bike, still itches. The one opening in my helmet must have focused the rays on my eyelid = boo.

I suggest the water cooled suit I saw some rich bitch wearing on TV so she could race her GT3, makes me sick to think about a weenie driving a GT3, but this shows who get's the money in this world. You wanna run fast better get used to being hot. One of my favorite smells must be reminescent of hell, the smell of burning gasoline and oil which accompanies a fast >90mph run down the freeway on a hot day. BTW Wearing high black boots with thick wooly socks does not help if you couldn't guess.

#15 ·
daryn said:
You start thinking about AC about the same time you start sweating like a pig. In my car it was real bad until I finally figured out how to work the heater control. My mechanic back home said that people spend $2000 dollars getting an AC in these cars, that's why I wanna get it fixed. Let me tell a little story about being in a hot car.

My pops and I drove down to San Diego once to visit the Grandparents and while driving along highway five in out toyota pickup we noticed the temperature guage was getting hot, unusual for a jap car. Let me mention that it was 90*F outside and once your in the valley there is no turning back. We had to run the heater blower at full blast so the car wouldn't overheat. It must have been 100*F in the car with the windows down. Turns out the aluminum radiator decided to give up the ghost and shut down half the radiator. Now that's hot! I figure if I ever decide to autocross/race my bike in fool leathers I better get used to sweating.

You think getting your ears burned is bad, this past weekend I burned the top of an eyelid while riding my bike, still itches. The one opening in my helmet must have focused the rays on my eyelid = boo.

I suggest the water cooled suit I saw some rich bitch wearing on TV so she could race her GT3, makes me sick to think about a weenie driving a GT3, but this shows who get's the money in this world. You wanna run fast better get used to being hot. One of my favorite smells must be reminescent of hell, the smell of burning gasoline and oil which accompanies a fast >90mph run down the freeway on a hot day. BTW Wearing high black boots with thick wooly socks does not help if you couldn't guess.
:surrender:

#17 · (Edited)
Daryn
Kid I've been biking for thirty years. I'll tell you a something but don't tell your friends.
GET YOURSELF SILK UNDEES, SHIRT AND SOCKS it will keep you cool and skin burn free. Just telling you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#21 ·
Now we all need 1 ounce each of vodka, gin, rum, tequila and triple sec, in a tall glass with lots of ice, fill to just shy of the top with sweet and sour (Collin's mix) and top with a splash of Coca-Cola and you have a Long Island Ice Tea, that should help everyone calm down. I was a bartender before I was a Chiropractor. Sip slowly so you don't get brain freeze, and have fun!

#23 ·
My uncle works at REI and he told me about the silk or poly prop under garments. Wearing the tough black leather jacket makes you tough like a piece of jerky. I guess you can also put some wrap on the back of your neck which contains water beads which will cool you down.

#26 ·
appears to

nobby said:
I did it again today. Drove to work and back in the blazing sun. Man, is it hot here again. I am as red as a tomato despite applying sunscreen. In fact, nobette took a picture of me.
Appears to have boiled your brains out. I always thought it was grey matter, not green matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.