Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

masonite door panels

776 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dave850 
#1 ·
I ordered new masonite door panels from Performance, for my new leather door covers. Their catalog and website state they made of masonite. The catalog states the aluminum panel at top is not included. Performance website states it is. Prior to ordering I confirmed by phone with Performance that the metal curved piece WAS included and attached, and they stated that the catalog was incorrect. In addition to the curved plate missing, the quality of the board I would term 'poor or cheap'. I would classify it as nothing more than a heavy weight black cardboard, and have concerns about it standing up to moisture. Now performance says that apparently the manufacturer changed the product, and it is no longer included (metal piece). Performance says that they have been selling a lot of the black cardboard -- clearly not masonite -- with no complaints. Performance is willing to take the items back for the 30 day period.

Does anyone know of a source of a better product, preferably made of masonite, and including the aluminum frame attached? TIA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.