Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What's the trick on the mirror knob?

698 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Nascar Fan 
#1 ·
You guy got me moving on cleaning up my rubber on my door mirrors and I put some "Back to Black" on them (attached to the car) and they look 100% better. Now I was going to go the extra mile and remove them and get them done better in places that I can't get to with them on the car. I'm stuck on getting the knob off the inside. I read the manual and it tells of a lock release, but i can't understand it.

#2 ·
Nascar Fan said:
You guy got me moving on cleaning up my rubber on my door mirrors and I put some "Back to Black" on them (attached to the car) and they look 100% better. Now I was going to go the extra mile and remove them and get them done better in places that I can't get to with them on the car. I'm stuck on getting the knob off the inside. I read the manual and it tells of a lock release, but i can't understand it.

On the flat end of the adjusting handle, closest to the A-Pillar, slide the grooved retainer towards the door glass. Voila!

Dave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.