Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Clock repair

8K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  ScottinSoCal 
#1 · (Edited)
I have to repair or replace my clock. As it is visually integrated with the tach can it be take out of the unit separately? Since the 107 tachs seem to red line from about 5250 to the 560's 6000 rpm I can't just get an earlier cluster. Also, since MB want 500 for a new tach unit I'd like to find another way.

Can it be replace by another clock from a different cluster from a different year, pre 86 107, and/or a different body from the same era say an w124 300E?

#2 · (Edited)
I had mine apart for new caps. I replaced them and it ran fine until I went to set the time and a gear stem broke. I picked up a complete cluster on eBay for the clock and damn if it didn't have a broken gear too.
There is some soldering to remove the clock, but it's doable

#3 ·
miked56 said:
I have to repair or replace my clock. As it is visually integrated with the tach can it be take out of the unit separately? Since the 107 tachs seem to red line from about 5250 to the 560's 6000 rpm I can't just get an earlier cluster. Also, since MB want 500 for a new tach unit I'd like to find another way.

Can it be replace by another clock from a different cluster from a different year, pre 86 107, and/or a different body from the same era say an w124 300E?
Mike,

Here's a vendor who supplies refurbished instruments, jason@buybuyparts.com, 602.402.6525, BuyBuyParts, Inc. -The leader in WORLDWIDE Mercedes Benz USED and NEW parts distribution since 1995! I have no affiliation, he supplied me a speedometer for my sister's 380SL and it's working fine a year later.

Dave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.