Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Can someone help identify what model MB this hardtop fits?

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  SSL 
#1 ·
Hello from Los Angeles, where one of my neighbors found this in his garage- a hardtop for a Mercedes Benz.

He had rented out his guest house to a fellow whose Mercedes-driving boyfriend (well, this is LA!) had stored his hardtop in the garage.
Then they broke up, then he got evicted (not necessarily in that order) and well, no one ever came to get the top.
It's been over two years now, and he wants to get rid of it so I'm gonna help him put it up for sale on eBay.

Only problem is we don't know what model this fits.
I tried looking on eBay, but they sure all look alike to me.
Maybe some trained eye here on BenzWorld is able to tell at a glance.
(I can post other pics from other angles, if that helps.)

So if anyone can tell me what model(s) this top fits, it would be most appreciated.
Also, what is the name of that shade of blue?
And, there is a wire and plug protruding out of the left rear corner, but no defroster or overhead light!
So what's the plug for?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
The Hardtop is belong to sl129 (from 90-02) and the wire is for rear glass defrost the light (switch) is on the console.

#10 ·
MLSL said:
This model SL came out in 1990, not 1991 to be exact. The top looks blue to me (Diamond Blue).
MLSL, you could certainly be correct about the color. If you've got a hi-res monitor (I don't) and can see the color as Blue...go with Blue. On my lo-res monitor, it looks like Silver to me. Thanks for catching that one!

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.