Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New fuel guage, does this seem right?

790 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  daryn 
#1 ·
I have my new cluster installed and the fuel guage reads different than the old one. I think it is closer to right because it goes to dead on full when I fill. My questions is when I filled today it was about 1/8 to 1/16 below half tank and it held 10.2 gal US. I don't want to find out the hard way that it is not reporting correctly. I guess I need to put a container in the trunk with a gallon or two and run it dry. I know there are some anal record keepers on here that can figure it pretty close. Scott I won't call any names.

#2 ·
Nascar Fan said:
I have my new cluster installed and the fuel guage reads different than the old one. I think it is closer to right because it goes to dead on full when I fill. My questions is when I filled today it was about 1/8 to 1/16 below half tank and it held 10.2 gal US. I don't want to find out the hard way that it is not reporting correctly. I guess I need to put a container in the trunk with a gallon or two and run it dry. I know there are some anal record keepers on here that can figure it pretty close. Scott I won't call any names.

By some strange cosmic coincidence, regardless of what the gauge reads, my tank generally needs an amount equal to or greater than the number of dollars in my pocket.

#3 ·
Nascar Fan said:
Iwhen I filled today it was about 1/8 to 1/16 below half tank and it held 10.2 gal US. I don't want to find out the hard way that it is not reporting correctly.
That looks dead-on accurate to me. It's got a 21 gallon tank.

I know there are some anal record keepers on here that can figure it pretty close. Scott I won't call any names.
Hey it works for me. I'll admit being anal about it. ;)

#6 ·
That's the fun part pretending that you have 3/4 a tank after driving 200miles. My car does that a lot. I think I'm getting record breaking mileage then I go over a bump and the gauge starts the "dance of death." Just wait until the evil red cyclops opens it's ugly eye, that will tell you when you really have 1/4tank. That's what I do!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.