Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Books on the 107 Series SL

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  bereng 
#1 ·
Anybody have any recommendations here? I know, sooner or later, I'll have another "How do I fix this without going broke" question. During this peaceful interlude, I thought it might be interesting to see if any of you have found any good books on our 107's.

Chief

#3 ·
There's a portfolio book on ebay that usually comes up. It has all the original reviews and comparisons, against corvettes, ferraris, Jags, Aton Martins and maseratis, from sources like Road & Track. I've found it a great read as to how these cars were originally viewed upon, and as to how hard they were meant to be driven.

#13 ·
thanks miked56 for your help.
No problem

The idea was to publish it on a wiki or similar so that it got better little by little.
If it could be added to by the people on this and/or other forums with real world experiences and photos, etc. it would be a great resource.

Anyway, is it worth it? or you're better off to ebay to buy some second hand print manuals?
Don't know. I've not yet received my CD. If it is the same as the one for the 113 then it makes sense why people say to get a printed manual. However finding them appears to be difficult. So another source of printable instructions would be useful. Maybe there are members that have the manual and want to scan the pages:D . If they were posted somewhere we could review them and see if we wanted to purchase the printed books.

MB you listening?????? Maybe you want to add a PDF of the printed manual to the CD:thumbsup:

Let me know if you need help.

#14 ·
Hey, since we're talking about manuals, how would someone like to shoot me the section of the manual that talks about replacing the steering box? I can't find my MB CD and I'm afraid my new copy (I'll call today and order one - it's only $20) won't get here in time to start this mess on the weekend.

PM me and I'll shoot you an e-mail address.

#15 ·
In the words of Emily Latella: Nevermind.

I did a search and I'd copied the sections I need from the CD. So I'm set for this weekend, even if I don't want to be.

I know; bitch, bitch, bitch. There are people in China who don't even have a 107 to work on, so I shouldn't complain.

#16 ·
ScottinSoCal said:
In the words of Emily Latella: Nevermind.

I did a search and I'd copied the sections I need from the CD. So I'm set for this weekend, even if I don't want to be.

I know; bitch, bitch, bitch. There are people in China who don't even have a 107 to work on, so I shouldn't complain.
Oh, Scott. Age has taken over, yes?
First, you can't find the CD and then you stumble across the printed chapter that you forgot you printed.
That sounds like MY LIFE.

#17 ·
ScottinSoCal said:
I dunno about China, but this weekend there are ppl in Malaysia who will b referring to ur post on fixing door window rubber guides:)

Realise this doesn't have much to do with the topic..except to underline the value of the forum, (and wiki idea)

cheers,
Paul

#18 · (Edited)
Hi ScottinSoCal & others,

I recently started a wiki on the 107 w107 - Este wiki pretende ser una biblia par... open to everyone but in spanish and shortly in catalonian.

I can translate it into english if enough of you would be interested and willing to put stuff into it. Worth it?

Also, it would be great if you could shoot some picts of the DIY yo do and post it somewhere, or the wiki itself, for everyone's reference.

I came across the german WIS cd cracked, converted into word docs, ocr'ed and fed trough an automatic translator into english. Something that would be nice to have on a wiki as well, depending on copyrights and similar, though that's crap compared to the scanned pdfs of the printed repair manual if possible, of course. On the other hand I guess the repair books you have don't tackle the 300sl or other euro 'issues'.

What do you think?

Regards from Barcelona.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.