Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1978 450 sl white with deep red interior. Plenty of parts available

5K views 44 replies 15 participants last post by  LSUTIGERDAD 
#1 · (Edited)
Car is in good condition. Lot of parts remaining. The engine has 120,000 miles. It started up and ran, but had problems moving when pressing down on the pedal.

What's been sold already:

Tail lights
Fuel distributor
chrome door handles
speed odometer
rims
Hard top caps

Everything that hasn't been mentioned is still available.

Paypal only.

#2 ·
Where are you located in North Carolina?

#9 ·
This looks too nice to part out...

Reactions: alambkal
#34 ·
No, I didn't. he actually told me that he would buy it way back on 8/6 and to hold it and not let anyone else buy it. It was only on 8/15 that I logged back in to let the other poster that was interested that the item was pending. Told him it was already boxed up and ready to go as soon as payment was received. Of course the days passed by and he keeps making all these BS excuses as to when he is going to send the payment and he never did. Avoiding emails left and right and finally get him to reply in this thread when I make it public of just how much of a ****** he is.

I already sold the dash to someone else, but I hope none of you do business with this guy. Whatever you do, don't hold parts for him. All he does is waste peoples time. Most likely a broke tire kicker. 2 thumbs down for him.
No need for name calling. You both have presented your side so let it go please.

#35 ·
No need for name calling. You both have presented your side so let it go please.

Yes. Judging by the 8/24 post, the dash was back up for sale, because bluejet118 knew Aroundthescenes backed out of the deal by that point. The dash has now apparently been sold to someone else, and there seems to be no harm no foul, aside from name calling in this thread. I reached out to Aroundthescenes about this thread to try and assure bluejet118 was not getting ripped off (not as a moderator, but trying to make sure everyone is doing the right thing).

I pull parts all the time for people and send pictures of the condition after pulling them. It's pretty common for people to back out of purchases before an item is shipped. For that reason I try to always make sure I am paid before I ship, and after I'm paid, before I ship, I try to make sure the buyer knows about EVERY flaw in an item before it leaves my hands to show up on their doorstep, giving them a last chance to back out of a transaction before shipping costs are lost. That's what I believe is the best practice for selling / shipping parts here. That's one of the many reasons local pickup is SO much easier.

So... @bluejet118 , what do you have for sale at this point? I believe posting what you have for sale is a better way to keep your thread on track. Do you agree?

#30 ·
He sent no parts and I did contact you and explained I did not need the parts. I have held parts for people and then they don't need them it's all part of life. So just so everyone knows NO parts were sent you lost nothing but a sale. Put on your man pants it happens.

#36 ·
Hi There:

I am looking for a decent headlight SWITCH bezel, but will take the entire switch if that is easier for you. Also need the rubber gasket seal on the passenger side that goes from the lower dash to the passenger door. I just need one of those trim nuts that secure the chrome strip to the tonneau convertible soft top cover. The smallest nut that goes at the very end of the chrome strip. Probably have to put it inside a paper towel in a ziplock to keep from loosing it. Finally, looking for an original soft/hard top release lever. Just need one and condition is not important.

Let me know if you have any of these parts and I will shoot you a package offer shipped to Chicago, IL.

Thanks!!

Ted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.