#1 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 12:47 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2014
Vehicle: 1996 C 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
An armed public is a free public, empowered.

Quote:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with inherent and inalienable rights; that among these, are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." --Declaration of Independence as originally written by Thomas Jefferson, 1776.
Please note the words "inalienable rights". This means they can NOT be taken from you. At all or ever. There is not any set of circumstances, either man made or from nature that can remove these rights from your possession. Not even by your own choosing can you relinquish these rights.

Please note the words "among these". Meaning there are more rights that are both inherent and inalienable beyond the mention of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

The Constitution was created to preform two functions:
- Establish a federal government for the United States of America
- Delegate to the federal government certain, yet limited powers. Any powers not specifically delegated to the federal government are retained solely by The People.

The Constitution does not GIVE you any rights. You gained those rights by simply existing. They are "natural" or "God-given" depending on which side of that coin you are on. The Constitution does PROTECT these rights by limiting the power of the government and specifying individual rights in the Bill of Rights.

The Bill of Rights is the name for the first 10 amendments to the Constitution. There are 33 amendments all together but only 27 have been ratified by enough states to be recognized. These amendments contain the "inalienable rights" that "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" are among. The Second Amendment is thus inalienable and can NOT ever be taken away or surrendered. As a matter of fact, the Bill of Rights also says that even if a particular right is not specified by the Bill of Rights it is STILL retained solely by The People and is also inalienable under the same principal.

The one thing that these documents (read our Government) does not guarantee to protect against is The People. You can not ban arms from The People because of The People. This is simply not possible under our current form of government. The arms is what protects The People from the government therefore the government can never remove them. The only way this could ever be changed is by abolishing our current government and establishing a new one. If The People can not agree on a single amendment to the Constitution there is no way a new government that is functional could even be formed once the current was abolished. It would result in another civil (world?) war and likely split us into multiple entities. Good luck dear France! We have seen how it worked out for the USSR.

Interestingly, if we did suffer such a degradation of civility and succumbed to a great division on this one subject alone, what is it exactly that those who oppose arms for The People would take up against those of The People in support if such things? Nothing like bringing a knife to a gun fight...

An important step to enslaving a people is to disarm them.

Quote:
"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so. Indeed I would go so far as to say that the underdog is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let's not have any native militia or police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order."

-Adolf Hitler. : April 11, 1942, "Hitler's Table-Talk at the Fuehrer's Headquarters 1941-1942", Dr. Henry Picker, ed. (Athenaeum Verlag, Bonn, 1951).
If you believe the solution to violence is the limitation of firearms, you have no idea the suffrage that can be bestowed upon you by a government unafraid of resistance. The Holocaust has taken place long enough ago that not many living persons have any true understanding of what real "tyranny" is. Without awareness my countrymen, the mistakes of history will be repeated time and again.

I would like to think if half of the people and money that work so diligently to control firearms put half of their efforts into our educational and mental health systems it would solve more than half of the problem. The other half of the solution would be the same effort given by half the people and money working so diligently to protect the Second Amendment into developing safety and training resources. These suggestions are only truly viable if implemented from a relatively early age of development and continued to adulthood. Unfortunately, no matter how you add it up two halves of either half will never make us whole.

The one thing I do know for absolute sure... The only thing that effectively stops a person with a mission and a gun... is... a person with fortitude and a gun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 01:00 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: 300TE$
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Blah blah blah. You clowns would rather have have so called "inalienable rights" at the expense of dead children and arming NRA bigots and misery pimps and a constitution that is no more than code words for protecting psychos.
lovemyc280 and GreenT like this.
#3 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 01:43 AM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6, bought 07/08 with 50k original miles.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
'Happiness is a Warm Gun' yeah right...
#4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 04:10 AM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2008 ML 500
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
So you have an inalienable right to life, and an inalienable right to a gun.

Yet so many in your nation lose their inalienable right to life by someone exercising their inalienable right to a gun...
Teutone, Doni and GreenT like this.

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

#5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 05:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Jefferson spelled in "Unalienable."

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. ... Americans deserve better.”
~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
#6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 05:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: Vogon constructor fleet.
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
An armed public is a free public, empowered.
Correct me if I'm wrong....but hadn't we been "free" before you could go to Walmart to buy a weapon along with your boxers and toilet paper?

Hadn't we been "free" before we were allowed to carry loaded weapons into eateries, churches, stores and BARS (for Pete's sake)?

Hadn't we been "free" before we led the industrialzed world in mass shootings, police killings, murders and accidental deaths from gunshot wounds?

Wasn't your father "free" or your grandfather before the NRA and the like convinced all you paranoid and insecure White folks that our wars needed to be fought internally more than externally? Or were all those foreign wars we fought to "protect our freedom" just rehearsals for our REAL threat....the guy next door?

I can understand the lack of feeling "empowered" by my people historically......we came here on different ships, so to speak....but I would think yours are pretty secure.

Wasn't there a song that said "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose?" Is that where you guys believe we are now? America has nothing left to lose? If so, places like Arlington National Cemetary are full of guys who gave their lives for a pipe dream.

People like you have been convinced the populace has to be armed to the teeth.....to be "free."

How secure do you feel now?
Nutz 4 Benz likes this.

Last edited by Doni; 08-27-2014 at 06:15 AM.
#7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 05:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. ... Americans deserve better.”
~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
#8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 06:07 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Has Oregon been annexed by Idaho?
#9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 06:41 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donf View Post
Blah blah blah. You clowns would rather have have so called "inalienable rights" at the expense of dead children and arming NRA bigots and misery pimps and a constitution that is no more than code words for protecting psychos.
See, this is an example of an emotional response as opposed to a reasonable response. When we choose not to enforce laws, the end result is more violence through the use of guns. There are plenty of gun laws on the books that would put the average felon in prison for life but they're selectively enforced. But, many want more gun laws that will do nothing but take away guns from law abiding citizens. The criminal will still get his.

And another thing to mention. The news media rarely ever highlights a story where a legal gun owner actually prevented a crime or prevented loss of life from a gun waiving or knife waiving maniac who had no regard for the laws to begin with.

Gun rights are in the U.S. Bill of Rights because our founding fathers wanted the government to fear the people, not the other way around. But, somewhere, that gets lost in translation and turns into a discussion about dead children and public safety.

And finally, I'm not fond of guns. I own them for protection. That's it. I don't go nutting around with a bunch of buddies shooting everything that's brown or moves. But if someone comes in and threatens my family, you can bet I'll have a good chance to put them in a body bag before they put me in one.
Morant likes this.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Transmission

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
#10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 07:20 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: Woof
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
You would think both sides could realize what a divisive tactic it is calling either side immoral.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic