Gun Control... - Page 26 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 01:11 AM   #251 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG, 199k; 1995 E 420, 169k; 2013 BMW 535i M- Sport, 29k
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
So the answer to gun violence is more guns--check.

NRA talking points = 1
Rational thought = 0
THAT'S FUNNY, I NEVER SAW WAYNE LA PIERRE'S NAME ON MY BALLOT.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
cascade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #252 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
cutlery kills!
reserved.
Multipurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #253 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2009
Vehicle: '99 ML430
You know, it's not so much the guns themselves I object to - it's the glorification of guns. The mindset of people who seem to think they can't get by without owning the most, the biggest, the baddest, the most lethal of armament designed for the sole purpose of killing other humans (I'm not talking six-shooters and 30-aught-sixes here) is what baffles me the most. I own guns now, I've owned guns since I was old enough to legally buy one. I've done a lot of plinking in my time, I've taught riflery courses. Am I anti-gun? No. Am I against people owning guns? No. I am simply against the glorification of violence of any kind, for any reason. And I recognize that most gun "enthusiasts" will think I'm the one who's out of touch with reality.
MsPPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #254 (permalink)
Very Interesting

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: R170+C219
Lifetime Premium Member
^ There's nothing even remotely disagreeable about what you've said. Down with the glorification of violence. Fuck most gun "enthusiasts".
Qubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #255 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: No matter what we breed, we are still made of greed, this is my kingdom come
Location: If I told you the truth would you turn your back on me?
Lifetime Premium Member
I don't mind gun control, just don't want to pay for another bloated govt agency with no competition to keep it competitive.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #256 (permalink)
Moditšt!

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I don't mind gun control, just don't want to pay for another bloated govt agency with no competition to keep it competitive.
Your selfishness is duly noted and added to the database.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #257 (permalink)
Very Interesting

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: R170+C219
Lifetime Premium Member
With no competition to keep it competitive? Kind of like the United States National Federal Department of Redundancy Department?
Qubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #258 (permalink)
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Lifetime Premium Member
guns need to come with a vibrator or a silicone hole. All fluids will be discharged back out in the next round. Hey, maybe I stumbled on a great idea here.
I will even build a model that purrs to snuggle with
DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #259 (permalink)
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Lifetime Premium Member

Missile launcher shows up at Seattle gun buyback

By PHUONG LE | Associated Press

SEATTLE (AP) — Seattle police worked with Army officials Monday to track down the history of a nonfunctional missile launcher that showed up at a weapons buyback program and determine whether it was legal or possibly stolen from the military.

A man standing outside the event Saturday bought the military weapon for $100 from another person there, according to Detective Mark Jamieson.

The single-use device is a launch tube assembly for a Stinger portable surface-to-air missile and already had been used. As a controlled military item, it is not available to civilians through any surplus or disposal program offered by the government, according to Jamieson.

Seattle police have contacted Army officials at Joint Base Lewis-McChord near Tacoma to deputy chief Nick Metz said Monday.

"Once it's brought on base and investigators have a chance to look at it, they'll see what they can determine," Army spokesman Joe Kubistek said Monday. "It's too early to give any information on it until we have hands-on access to see it and take a look at it."

Police witnessed the private exchange of the military launch tube near the gun buyback event, where gun buyers tempted those standing in long lines to turn in their weapons with cash.

"It was absolutely crazy what we saw out there," Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn said at a news conference Monday where officials announced they had collected a total of 716 weapons, including four confirmed as stolen.

Officers saw guns changing private hands without knowing whether the person buying the gun had the legal right to buy it, and those transactions are occurring all the time, McGinn said.

He added that the private sales of the missile launch tube and other weapons illustrate the need for comprehensive background checks as proposed by President Barack Obama, as well as other regulations at the state level.

While there were private gun buyers at the periphery of Saturday's event, Metz said a large majority of people chose to wait in line and get less money because they wanted to make sure they got the weapons off the streets.

"These are very dangerous weapons," Metz said. "They may not have looked very pretty, but (they're) definitely operable."

The firearms collected included 348 pistols, 364 rifles and three so-called street sweepers, or shotguns that include a high capacity magazine capable of holding twelve 12-gauge shotgun shells.

The program allowed people to anonymously turn in their weapons for a shopping gift card worth up to $200 -- $100 for each handgun, rifle or shotgun turned in, and $200 for each gun classified as an assault weapon under state law. Officials distributed about $70,000 in gift cards at Saturday's event.

McGinn said he wanted to plan another buyback event soon and urged more donations to the program.

Meanwhile, police said people who wanted to turn in guns could do so at any time outside a buyback program, though they wouldn't be compensated for it.
isthisdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #260 (permalink)
Moditšt!

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon
Lifetime Premium Member
That's egregious infringement ^
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic