Sheriffs Across The Nation Won't Enforce Obama's Unconstitutional Gun Laws - Page 7 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#61 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 02:24 PM
R129 BenzWorld Moderator

Date registered: Dec 2007
Vehicle: 95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
40th sheriff refuses to enforce assault weapon ban, Obama gun control laws

40th sheriff refuses to enforce assault weapon ban, Obama gun control laws - Civil Liberties | Examiner.com

Quote:
January 20, 2013
By: Anthony Jay Blackwell

Yesterday in New Mexico, Roosevelt county sheriff Darren Hooker declared that he will not enforce President Obama's proposed gun control laws or assault weapons ban, according to the Portales News-Tribune.

In an interview with the local paper, Sheriff Hooker affirmed that he swore an oath to the U.S. Constitution, not the federal government, and therefore has no obligation to enforce federal law. When speaking specifically on the issue of Second Amendment rights and the proposed gun ban, Hooker made his position clear:

I believe the Second Amendment outlines the fact that we have the right to bear arms. It doesn’t say what kind, what shape, what size, what caliber. I feel as though bad people with the intention of doing harm will get weapons and the laws that may or may not be made will only infringe on the good people.

Sheriff Hooker joins the efforts of 11 New Mexico legislators who, on Friday, submitted a bill to resist President Obama's proposed federal gun bans. According to the Albuquerque Journal, these legislators -- led by Republican legislator Nora Espinoza -- seek to make it a third degree felony for federal or state agents to restrict, register or seize firearms under color of federal law.

The legislators' bill applies to assault weapons and high capacity magazines, which the White House seeks to ban, as well as to semi-automatic handguns. The lawmakers would also require the New Mexico Attorney General to defend any state resident charged by the federal government with violation of federal gun laws, as reported by this Examiner yesterday.

At the same time, however, other lawmakers in New Mexico seek to adopt New York State's ultra-restrictive gun control legislation, according to a report filed yesterday by Albuquerque Firearms Examiner Winston Dorian.

Sheriff Hooker joins four other sheriffs who have, in the past 48 hours, explicitly refused to enforce an "unconstitutional" assault weapon bans from the White House, as reported yesterday by the Examiner. He also joins nearly 40 other lawmen across the nation who have declared their intentions against the proposed Obama gun laws over the past week. A verified list of sheriffs around the country who have declared themselves against the Obama gun control laws -- and who will not enforce the gun laws and gun bans should they become law -- are complied here.

© 2006-2013 Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a Examiner.com.
#62 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 02:30 PM
R129 BenzWorld Moderator

Vehicle: 95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Missouri Sheriffs Speaking Out Against Proposed Gun Laws

Missouri Sheriffs Speaking Out Against Proposed Gun Laws

Quote:
By: Robert Lowrey
Updated: January 19, 2013

(CHILLICOTHE, Mo.) When it comes to gun control, some law enforcement officials are speaking out against the President's proposed plans.

"Are we going to make it every semi-automatic weapon," asked Sheriff Steve Cox of Livingston County. "Where does it start and where does it end?"

It is a stance the Livingston County Sheriff has made clear in a letter to President Obama.

One line of the letter states: "I personally and professionally believe there are many other useful ways to better help in educating and protecting our population then by dismantling the Constitution."

Cox believes the focus should be on the people using the guns with criminal intent.

"The core issues start in families, start in homes, start in lack of funding for mental health," said Cox. "Maybe we need to go back in schools and work on citizenship and teach kids how to be good neighbors, how to be friends, not be bullies."

Sheriff Cox is not alone. In Mt. Vernon, Missouri another sheriff is telling the President not to take the guns in his county.

"If there were an executive order that said go door-to-door and pull everybody's guns, my deputies would not enforce that order," said Sheriff Brad DeLay with Lawrence County.

For those people gun control policies are meant to deter, Cox said they will still find a way to do harm.

"Who said they won't have an extra gun with an extra amount of ammunition or make and IED or do something else horrific," said Cox.

©1998 - 2013 Stjoechannel.com. Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
#63 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Premium Member

Date registered: Apr 2012
Vehicle: S600 1996 metallic blue sedan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjohnson View Post
Why wasn't there a big protest in 1994 when the WHITE guy passed the assault weapon ban?
more white guilt? That's so 2012.

come on..hj. We're passed that now. Remember? PBO the first "post racial" president..get with it or get run over.

in his second term we can criticize his bad decisions and not be branded racists.

or can we?

Our Constitution was made only for a Moral and Religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. - John Adams
#64 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 03:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Sheriffs Across The Nation Won't Enforce Obama's Unconstitutional Gun Laws
How do they know they’re ‘unconstitutional’?
#65 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 03:48 PM
R129 BenzWorld Moderator

Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc1244 View Post
How do they know they’re ‘unconstitutional’?
Sheriffs across the nation have made their statements loud and clear, I have no further comment.
#66 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 03:53 PM
R129 BenzWorld Moderator

Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Sheriffs against Obama’s unconstitutional plans to disarm US citizens

Sheriffs against Obama’s unconstitutional plans to disarm US citizens | Empower Network

Quote:
by ManOnTheMat | on January 17, 2013

Starting with Sheriff Mueller, a 28 year law enforcement veteran, many Sheriffs all around the nation have started to voice their opposition to the unconstitutional gun grab being set up by the Obama administration.

Linn Country Sheriff Tim Mueller wrote a compelling letter to Vice President Biden, the head of Obama’s 2nd Amendment Death squad, eloquently stating his intentions should the federal government try to threaten the people’s right to keep and bear arms.

2nd amendment

“In the wake of recent criminal events, politicians are attempting to exploit the deaths of innocent victims by advocating for laws that would prevent honest, law-abiding Americans from possessing certain firearms and ammunition magazines.”

“We are Americans. We must not allow, nor shall we tolerate, the actions of criminals, no matter how heinous the crimes, to prompt politicians to enact laws that will infringe upon the liberties of responsible citizens who have broken no laws.”.

“Any federal regulation enacted by Congress or by executive order of the president offending the constitutional rights of my citizens shall not be enforced by me or by my deputies, nor will I permit the enforcement of any unconstitutional regulations or orders by federal officers within the borders of Linn County, Oregon.”.

“In summary, it is the position of this sheriff that I refuse to participate, or stand idly by, while my citizens are turned into criminals due to the unconstitutional actions of misguided politicians.”.

This isn’t some weird note that some man sent the administration. This is a person, elected by his county as the highest ranking law enforcement officer in that county, stating not only that he doesn’t want unconstitutional laws, not only will he not enforce them, but that he will not stand still while the federal government attempts to enforce them.

This Sheriff is willing to actively stand up for his men and women and their rights from the encroaching hand of a federal government drunk on it’s own arrogant overconfidence.

And it would appear he is not the only one. In addition to states pushing legislation to arrest federal agents who attempt to impose unconstitutional federal laws in their states, a number of other Sheriffs across the country have followed Mueller’s lead and have vocally announced that they too will not abandon their citizens by permitting unconstitutional laws to be enforced in their counties.

In Oregon, three sheriffs have teamed up with Mueller to stand against tyranny. Sheriffs Bishop, Zanni and Hensley have assured their citizens that they will defend them against any federal law that would see their liberty denied and their freedom decreased.

Jackson County’s Sheriff, Denny Peyman has also emerged and assured his citizens that he will not enforce the administrations attack on liberty. “My office will not comply with any federal actions which violate the United States Constitution or the Kentucky Constitution which I swore to uphold.” He considers it “a moral obligation,” and he’s got “a team of attorneys to step up with me if necessary.”.

Pine County Sheriff Robin Cole of Minnesota has joined the wave for freedom by voicing his opposition saying he would consider any new federal regulation on guns to be illegal and would “refuse to carry it out.”.

These are just a few in the avalanche of Sheriffs standing up for their counties and opposing tyranny.

It is a good first step. Let them know how appreciative if you live in a county where one of these Davids is standing up to Goliath. If your Sheriff hasn’t voiced an opinion or is willing to let your constitutional rights be ravaged by a insatiable federal meat grinder, contact them and let them know where you stand.

With enough voices joining in, the walls of Obama’s gun grabbing regime will crumble beneath our shout.

Copyright © 2010-2013 Empower Network.
#67 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 05:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2011
Vehicle: 2006 C350 & 1990 300E
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOKEN View Post
Sheriffs across the nation have made their statements loud and clear, I have no further comment.
Their statement is their willing to break laws that are on the books to prove a point. Nice that you can pick and choose what laws to uphold Why don't they just go to sleep and let everyone get raped and pillaged in their jurisdictions since they don't feel like doing their jobs No wonder the war on drugs is a lost cause!!

These "cough" sheriifs should finish their law degrees since they are so well versed in constitutional law
#68 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 05:52 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jun 2012
Vehicle: 380sl, tercel (beater)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOKEN View Post
But you sure do have a lotta links to post up.
Any of your Sheriffs do moonlighting as constitutional lawyers or Supreme Court justice work?
#69 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 05:54 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jun 2012
Vehicle: 380sl, tercel (beater)
Quote:
Originally Posted by W140 Heavy View Post
more white guilt? That's so 2012.

come on..hj. We're passed that now. Remember? PBO the first "post racial" president..get with it or get run over.

in his second term we can criticize his bad decisions and not be branded racists.

or can we?
You still haven't responded to the question.
Why don't you get over the racial 'white guilt' comments and answer the question.
Why wasn't it so vociferously fought in 1994?

Tell me, oh great and powerful poster.
#70 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 PM
R129 BenzWorld Moderator

Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Sheriffs will not enforce Obama gun control laws; List reasons for defiance

Sheriffs will not enforce Obama gun control laws; List reasons for defiance - Civil Liberties | Examiner.com

Quote:
January 19, 2013
By: Anthony Jay Blackwell

In the past 24 hours, sheriffs in Arizona, California and Colorado have publicly and explicitly stated that they will not enforce proposed federal gun control laws sought by President Obama. Speaking directly to the President's Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013 proposals, these sheriffs have made their support of Second Amendment rights unequivocally clear:

El Dorado County, California Sheriff John D’Agostini, according to local news station KRNV on Jan. 19, 2013 ("The purpose of this letter is to go on record of re-affirming my oath of office and making it clear that I and my staff will never violate [our oath of office] by being pressured into enforcing any unconstitutional provision, law or executive order.");
Fresno County, California Sheriff Margaret Mims, according to local news station KFSN on Jan. 18, 2013 ("So I have sent a letter to the White House saying I will not enforce any unconstitutional gun control laws.");
Yavapai, Arizona Sheriff Scott Mascher, according to a Jan. 18, 2013 internal Sheriff memorandum published by media outlet Reason ("As Sheriff, I refuse to participate or cooperate with any unconstitutional order that will infringe upon our 2nd amendment rights."); and Larimer County, Colorado Sheriff Justin Smith, according local television station KWGN, also on Jan. 18, 2013 ("As Sheriff, I will not: Enforce unconstitutional federal laws; Obey unconstitutional laws; Allow others to violate the Constitutional Rights of those in my county.")

This brings the total, verified number of sheriffs who have specifically pledged not enforce President Obama's proposed federal gun laws to 39. To a person, they consider President Obama's current gun control proposals unconstitutional and an illegal infringement of Second Amendment rights. We provide that list to you below. The sheriffs on the list have made their comments after the President officially announced his proposals on Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013. This list does not include sheriffs who have voiced general opposition to gun control or who have made their statements before the President's official Jan. 16, 2013 proposals.

Note: We are constantly searching for and updating our list with verifiable "non-enforcement" sheriffs. If you know of other sheriffs in and around your community who should be included here, please add a comment below with an appropriate link for inclusion and credit on the list.

The complete, verified list as of Saturday evening, Jan. 19, 2013, is as follows:

Oregon sheriffs (9) (as reported by Fox News, online newspaper OregonLive, local radio station KCMB, local television station KMTR and gun rights organization Oregon Firearms);

Linn County Sheriff Tim Mueller
Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin
Baker County Sheriff Mitchell Southwick
Josephine County Sheriff Gil Gilbertson
Crook County Sheriff Jim Hensley
Coos County Sheriff Craig Zanni
Curry County Sheriff John Bishop
Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer
Washington County Sheriff Pat Garrett

Colorado sheriffs (4) (as reported by local television station KWGN, the El Paso County Sheriff's Official website, the Mesa County Sheriff's Official Facebook page and the Denver Post);

El Paso County Colorado Sheriff Terry Maketa
Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith
Mesa County Sheriff Stan Hilkey
Weld County Sheriff John Cooke

Alabama sheriffs (3) (as reported by local news station WHNT, gun rights organization Oath Keepers and media outlet Dothanfirst);

Madison County Sheriff Blake Dorning
Morgan County Sheriff Ana Franklin
Houston County Sheriff Andy Hughes

Califonia sheriffs (3) (according to The Modesto Bee, and local news stations KRNVand KFSN);

El Dorado County Sheriff John D’Agostini
Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims
Stanislaus County Sheriff Adam Christianson

Missouri sheriffs (3) (as reported on BeforeItsNews and news station KOAM and KCTV);

Johnson County Sheriff Charles Heiss
Lawrence County Sheriff Brad DeLay
Livingston County Sheriff Steve Cox

Arizona sheriffs (2) (according to news outlets TPM and Reason);

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio
Yavapai County Sheriff Scott Mascher

Florida sheriffs (2) (according to local news station WPTV and Sheriff McKiethen's personal Facebook page);

Martin County Sheriff Bill Snyder
Bay County Florida Sheriff Frank McKiethen

Georgia sheriffs (2) (as reported by the Cherokee Tribune and MinnPost Christian Science Monitor);

Cherokee County Sheriff Roger Garrison
Gilmer County Sheriff Stacy Nicholson

Idaho sheriffs (2) (according to news station KIFI and newspaper Idaho Statesman);

Canyon County, Idaho Sheriff Kieran Donahue
Madison County Sheriff Roy Klingler

Ohio sheriffs (2) (according to radio station KyPost);

Boone County Sheriff Michael A. Helmig
Clermont County Sheriff A.J. Rodenberg

South Carolina sheriffs (2) (according to The Post and Courier and news station WYFF);

Charleston County Sheriff Al Cannon
Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright

Johnson County, Kansas Sheriff Frank Denning, according to the Kansas City Star;

Jackson County, Kentucky Sheriff Denny Peyman, as reported by NBC News;

Pine County, Minnesota Sheriff Robin Cole, according to NewsMax;

Humboldt County, Nevada Sheriff Ed Kilgore, as reported by local news station KRNV; and

Smith County, Texas Sheriff Larry Smith, as reported by local news station KLTV.

UPDATE: On Jan. 19, 2013, Roosevelt county sheriff Darren Hooker of New Mexico declared that he will not enforce President Obama's proposed gun control laws or assault weapons ban, according to the Portales News-Tribune.

© 2006-2013 Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a Examiner.com.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic