Windows 8 upgrade $15 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 04:09 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
Vince7's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2005
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Windows 8 upgrade $15

I did it a couple days ago and it worked. Anyone can upgrade to windows 8 for $15.

Go to https://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com,

For the Windows 7 PC purchase information

Date of purchase *Make up any date within last 2 months.

Name of retailer * Just say whatever retailer.

PC Brand *Other

PC Model * Carbide 500r

That is all it requires, no receipt verification is needed. Anyone can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $14.99. It gives you a promo code, and you download and install from there.

Personally I am loving Windows 8 Pro. Best $14.99 I have spent in awhile.
Vince7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 04:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Disley's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: Mercedes W124
Location: Forget it Jake. It's Chinatown.
Posts: 15,364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
You people are never happy.
I like vista. It's never failed yet.
New operating systems get a bad name because they get installed on old or incompatible hardware.
If you have a powerful enough cpu and lots of ram, W8 will work.
Disley is online now  
#3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 04:21 PM
worst mod in BW history
 
ThrillKill's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Location: Chicago
Posts: 27,763
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
LOL! you paid for softwear, lol.

ThrillKill is offline  
#4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 04:29 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
Vince7's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2005
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disley View Post
You people are never happy.
I like vista. It's never failed yet.
New operating systems get a bad name because they get installed on old or incompatible hardware.
If you have a powerful enough cpu and lots of ram, W8 will work.
I'm not complaining- i love windows 8. I've upgraded mine and several family/friends pcs with this promo. The tool scan your PC to see if you have the minimum stats required for so it won't install if you don't. The only issue i faced when i upgraded was having no sound. My RealTek drivers were out of date- easy enough fix.

It runs fine on my 1GB DDR2 RAM, Pentium D PC- i'm only upgrading the ram to 2GB (max) because it's cheap but not really necessary. You don't need 8GB DDR3 to run it. My labtop is an i7 and has 8GB DDR3 and all I could really do more on the labtop is have more windows running at the same time.
Vince7 is offline  
#5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 04:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Disley's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: Mercedes W124
Location: Forget it Jake. It's Chinatown.
Posts: 15,364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince7 View Post
I'm not complaining- i love windows 8. I've upgraded mine and several family/friends pcs with this promo. The tool scan your PC to see if you have the minimum stats required for so it won't install if you don't. The only issue i faced when i upgraded was having no sound. My RealTek drivers were out of date- easy enough fix.

It runs fine on my 1GB DDR2 RAM, Pentium D PC- i'm only upgrading the ram to 2GB (max) because it's cheap but not really necessary. You don't need 8GB DDR3 to run it. My labtop is an i7 and has 8GB DDR3 and all I could really do more on the labtop is have more windows running at the same time.
I used to update every two years, but now I run a computer until it becomes too slow or crashes too often.
I'm still using my intel duo E8500 3.16gig GHz cpu, with 4 gig of ram and a videocard with display port, the best interface I've used.

Last edited by Disley; 12-01-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Disley is online now  
#6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 04:35 PM
worst mod in BW history
 
ThrillKill's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Location: Chicago
Posts: 27,763
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince7 View Post
I'm not complaining- i love windows 8. I've upgraded mine and several family/friends pcs with this promo. The tool scan your PC to see if you have the minimum stats required for so it won't install if you don't. The only issue i faced when i upgraded was having no sound. My RealTek drivers were out of date- easy enough fix.

It runs fine on my 1GB DDR2 RAM, Pentium D PC- i'm only upgrading the ram to 2GB (max) because it's cheap but not really necessary. You don't need 8GB DDR3 to run it. My labtop is an i7 and has 8GB DDR3 and all I could really do more on the labtop is have more windows running at the same time.
LOL! you paid for softwear, lol.

ThrillKill is offline  
#7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 04:38 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
Vince7's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2005
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill View Post
LOL! you paid for softwear, lol.
._. tell me how to get it free
Vince7 is offline  
#8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 04:50 PM
RKH
BenzWorld Elite
 
RKH's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 1998 SL500 Panoramic Roof
Posts: 8,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Bill Gates never made a dime from me (but he is still filthy rich).
RKH is offline  
#9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 43,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disley View Post
You people are never happy.
I like vista. It's never failed yet.
New operating systems get a bad name because they get installed on old or incompatible hardware.
If you have a powerful enough cpu and lots of ram, W8 will work.
Same here, in fact there is very little that separates Vista and Win 7, which I now have only because my old Vista PC took a dump. IMHO, unless it is absolutely necessary, changing OS's is one of the more senseless exercises I can conceive. Almost no good can come of it, and all manner of bad.
GeeS is offline  
#10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 05:59 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
Vince7's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2005
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Same here, in fact there is very little that separates Vista and Win 7, which I now have only because my old Vista PC took a dump. IMHO, unless it is absolutely necessary, changing OS's is one of the more senseless exercises I can conceive. Almost no good can come of it, and all manner of bad.
Microsoft officially drops support for XP in April 2014, essentially forcing us with old PCs to dump them or upgrade.
Vince7 is offline  
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome