The Official 2012 Electoral College Prediction Thread - Page 41 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#401 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 43,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbar View Post
The GOP can only succeed by appealing to the fiscal conservatives and the libertarian leaning factions and let the social conservatives and the religious right fend for themselves. They'll continue to vote Republican anyway or else follow Pat Buchanen and his handful of followers out the door and into obscurity. Either way, fuck 'em.
That and big government imperialists is what is left of the GOP, the rest of us left for greener pastures.
GeeS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#402 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Premium Member
 
hbar's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 78 Mercedes Benz 450 SEL
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
That and big government imperialists is what is left of the GOP, the rest of us left for greener pastures.


What green pastures are those? I see a lot of the fiscal conservatives and libertarians who are both socially liberal sitting at the kiddie table of the GOP feast and being told to shut up and eat the food that's on the plate or else get nothing. If most of them have actually gone somehwere else that's got better pickings then I'd like to know where.




I see Gary Johnson (L) got 1,158,390 votes for 1.0% of the total.

Last edited by hbar; 11-07-2012 at 04:14 PM.
hbar is offline  
#403 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
The Proctologist's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2011
Vehicle: 1972 350SL 148,000 miles
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5,882
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbar View Post
Did hjohnson assign you to this task since he apparently figured out that he's on my ignore list?

I don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks about my motives for putting my opinions on this forum. If it makes you happy to believe that I'm a RW robot who gets my marching orders from FoxNews then have fun with that belief.

I can honestly say that I don't pay any attention to either Fox or any other network (I don't even have a TV in my house, much less watch the news on it) and I don't pay attention to the mainstream media online either. If you choose to believe I'm lying, then go ahead and comfort yourself with that thought. I will admit to getting a significant amount of my news from NPR.org. But you probably will assume I'm lying about that in order to fool you into thinking I'm an independent.

It's certainly easier on your brain than to assume that someone with a differnet opinion from yours just might have reached that conclusion independently.
I meant exactly what I said, I think it's interesting you arrive at many of the same conclusions Fox News does...interesting means interesting

What's also interesting is you frequently get pissed because you think people are putting words in your mouth (case in point this post) whether they are or not, then you proceed to take that mistaken assumption to put words in MY mouth.

It's interesting you sound like a Fox News Pundit, and that your opinions match theirs, that is all, no hidden agenda, no accusations, no implications, you sound like a Republican Hack, and that amuses me, that's all.

I never knew Republican hacks came in so many flavors though to be honest, BWOT has been an eye opener, the truly surprising ones are the ones of course that even deny they are Republican and show flashes of intelligence yet still follow the party line.

Truth is I probably sound like a Liberal Hack to those people, even a Democrat, and I'm neither. I choose Dems because they aren't stupid and batshit crazy as the lesser of two evils.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life

The Proctologist is offline  
#404 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 43,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbar View Post
What green pastures are those? I see a lot of the fiscal conservatives and libertarians who are both socially liberal sitting at the kiddie table of the GOP feast and being told to shut up and eat the food that's on the plate or else get nothing. If most of them have actually gone somehwere else that's got better pickings then I'd like to know where.




I see Gary Johnson (L) got 1,158,390 votes for 1.0% of the total.
We call ourselves Libertarians. Good for Mr. Johnson, One of those votes was mine. If you're not emotionally and/or intellectually handicapped, and you're sitting at the GOP table being dictated to by those who are, I suggest you find greener pastures as well. To each his own...
GeeS is offline  
#405 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 43,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Proctologist View Post
I meant exactly what I said, I think it's interesting you arrive at many of the same conclusions Fox News does...interesting means interesting

What's also interesting is you frequently get pissed because you think people are putting words in your mouth (case in point this post) whether they are or not, then you proceed to take that mistaken assumption to put words in MY mouth.

It's interesting you sound like a Fox News Pundit, and that your opinions match theirs, that is all, no hidden agenda, no accusations, no implications, you sound like a Republican Hack, and that amuses me, that's all.

I never knew Republican hacks came in so many flavors though to be honest, BWOT has been an eye opener, the truly surprising ones are the ones of course that even deny they are Republican and show flashes of intelligence yet still follow the party line.

Truth is I probably sound like a Liberal Hack to those people, even a Democrat, and I'm neither. I choose Dems because they aren't stupid and batshit crazy as the lesser of two evils.
It has been my observation that hbar is not particularly concerned with other posters. He typically responds to posts rather then posters, a fine example for us all.
GeeS is offline  
#406 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Premium Member
 
hbar's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 78 Mercedes Benz 450 SEL
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Proctologist View Post

What's also interesting is you frequently get pissed because you think people are putting words in your mouth (case in point this post) whether they are or not, then you proceed to take that mistaken assumption to put words in MY mouth.
I hope you read the apology* I made to you in the other thread where I did put words in your mouth. I don't think I did that here, though.

Also, it's impossible to piss me off by posting things to me on an internet forum. No matter what is said, I can disagree with it or dispute it, but it won't piss me off.

Quote:
It's interesting you sound like a Fox News Pundit, and that your opinions match theirs, that is all, no hidden agenda, no accusations, no implications, you sound like a Republican Hack, and that amuses me, that's all.

I never knew Republican hacks came in so many flavors though to be honest, BWOT has been an eye opener, the truly surprising ones are the ones of course that even deny they are Republican and show flashes of intelligence yet still follow the party line.
What's interesting to me is how someone can have opinions that might be associated with a certain group yet also have other opinions that are contrary to that group's belief. It's almost as if people aren't robots who must take on the character of the group they choose to latch onto.


Quote:
Truth is I probably sound like a Liberal Hack to those people, even a Democrat, and I'm neither. I choose Dems because they aren't stupid and batshit crazy as the lesser of two evils.
There are a few liberal Hack/Democratic Robots on this forum. You are not one of them and I wouldn't mistake you for one, even on those occasions where you say the same things they do.




*
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-...plus-go-3.html
hbar is offline  
#407 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Premium Member
 
hbar's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 78 Mercedes Benz 450 SEL
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
We call ourselves Libertarians. Good for Mr. Johnson, One of those votes was mine. If you're not emotionally and/or intellectually handicapped, and you're sitting at the GOP table being dictated to by those who are, I suggest you find greener pastures as well. To each his own...
I would love to be an official (L) and I want to vote my conscience, but the practical side of me says I'm just wasting my time there as long as 99% of the voting public thinks of it as a big joke. I was a serious libertarian in the 90's but some of the kooks that populate the movement don't help with the credibility and I gave it up as a lost cause.
hbar is offline  
#408 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Very Interesting
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: R170+C219
Location: Turking the Caicos
Posts: 33,169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ One of those kooks carries the damned mantle for the movement, not for nothing...
Qubes is offline  
#409 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 43,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbar View Post
I would love to be an official (L) and I want to vote my conscience, but the practical side of me says I'm just wasting my time there as long as 99% of the voting public thinks of it as a big joke. I was a serious libertarian in the 90's but some of the kooks that populate the movement don't help with the credibility and I gave it up as a lost cause.
Your posts don't generally seem to portray a sheep, so why make an argument that it's easier to play one on the Internet? Perhaps you didn't notice, but a rallying voice during the past two elections inspired a new generation to carry the mantle of libertarianism. To where and how far they get is anyone's guess, but I was damned glad to see it, and hope a measure of good sense and good government comes out of it at some point in the not too distant future.
GeeS is offline  
#410 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Premium Member
 
hbar's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 78 Mercedes Benz 450 SEL
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Your posts don't generally seem to portray a sheep, so why make an argument that it's easier to play one on the Internet?
Frankly, it's hard work trying to play the shepherd all the time. Often with nothing to show for it at the end.


Quote:
Perhaps you didn't notice, but a rallying voice during the past two elections inspired a new generation to carry the mantle of libertarianism. To where and how far they get is anyone's guess, but I was damned glad to see it, and hope a measure of good sense and good government comes out of it at some point in the not too distant future.
I hope so too.

Don't put too much value into my often pessimistic attitude. That's just the way I am sometimes.
hbar is offline  
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
2012 B Class - Official Specs? arviindu W245 B-Class 0 07-13-2011 01:29 PM
Electoral College campus is open Zeitgeist Off-Topic 139 11-12-2008 04:14 PM
Plan would sidestep Electoral College Teutone Off-Topic 46 02-11-2008 06:51 PM
Colorado and the electoral college djugurba Off-Topic 20 10-19-2004 10:08 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome