The Official 2012 Electoral College Prediction Thread - Page 41 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#401 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbar View Post
The GOP can only succeed by appealing to the fiscal conservatives and the libertarian leaning factions and let the social conservatives and the religious right fend for themselves. They'll continue to vote Republican anyway or else follow Pat Buchanen and his handful of followers out the door and into obscurity. Either way, fuck 'em.
That and big government imperialists is what is left of the GOP, the rest of us left for greener pastures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#402 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Premium Member

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 78 Mercedes Benz 450 SEL
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
That and big government imperialists is what is left of the GOP, the rest of us left for greener pastures.

What green pastures are those? I see a lot of the fiscal conservatives and libertarians who are both socially liberal sitting at the kiddie table of the GOP feast and being told to shut up and eat the food that's on the plate or else get nothing. If most of them have actually gone somehwere else that's got better pickings then I'd like to know where.

I see Gary Johnson (L) got 1,158,390 votes for 1.0% of the total.

Last edited by hbar; 11-07-2012 at 04:14 PM.
#403 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2011
Vehicle: 1972 350SL 148,000 miles
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Did hjohnson assign you to this task since he apparently figured out that he's on my ignore list?

I don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks about my motives for putting my opinions on this forum. If it makes you happy to believe that I'm a RW robot who gets my marching orders from FoxNews then have fun with that belief.

I can honestly say that I don't pay any attention to either Fox or any other network (I don't even have a TV in my house, much less watch the news on it) and I don't pay attention to the mainstream media online either. If you choose to believe I'm lying, then go ahead and comfort yourself with that thought. I will admit to getting a significant amount of my news from NPR.org. But you probably will assume I'm lying about that in order to fool you into thinking I'm an independent.

It's certainly easier on your brain than to assume that someone with a differnet opinion from yours just might have reached that conclusion independently.
I meant exactly what I said, I think it's interesting you arrive at many of the same conclusions Fox News does...interesting means interesting

What's also interesting is you frequently get pissed because you think people are putting words in your mouth (case in point this post) whether they are or not, then you proceed to take that mistaken assumption to put words in MY mouth.

It's interesting you sound like a Fox News Pundit, and that your opinions match theirs, that is all, no hidden agenda, no accusations, no implications, you sound like a Republican Hack, and that amuses me, that's all.

I never knew Republican hacks came in so many flavors though to be honest, BWOT has been an eye opener, the truly surprising ones are the ones of course that even deny they are Republican and show flashes of intelligence yet still follow the party line.

Truth is I probably sound like a Liberal Hack to those people, even a Democrat, and I'm neither. I choose Dems because they aren't stupid and batshit crazy as the lesser of two evils.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life

#404 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
What green pastures are those? I see a lot of the fiscal conservatives and libertarians who are both socially liberal sitting at the kiddie table of the GOP feast and being told to shut up and eat the food that's on the plate or else get nothing. If most of them have actually gone somehwere else that's got better pickings then I'd like to know where.

I see Gary Johnson (L) got 1,158,390 votes for 1.0% of the total.
We call ourselves Libertarians. Good for Mr. Johnson, One of those votes was mine. If you're not emotionally and/or intellectually handicapped, and you're sitting at the GOP table being dictated to by those who are, I suggest you find greener pastures as well. To each his own...
#405 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Proctologist View Post
I meant exactly what I said, I think it's interesting you arrive at many of the same conclusions Fox News does...interesting means interesting

What's also interesting is you frequently get pissed because you think people are putting words in your mouth (case in point this post) whether they are or not, then you proceed to take that mistaken assumption to put words in MY mouth.

It's interesting you sound like a Fox News Pundit, and that your opinions match theirs, that is all, no hidden agenda, no accusations, no implications, you sound like a Republican Hack, and that amuses me, that's all.

I never knew Republican hacks came in so many flavors though to be honest, BWOT has been an eye opener, the truly surprising ones are the ones of course that even deny they are Republican and show flashes of intelligence yet still follow the party line.

Truth is I probably sound like a Liberal Hack to those people, even a Democrat, and I'm neither. I choose Dems because they aren't stupid and batshit crazy as the lesser of two evils.
It has been my observation that hbar is not particularly concerned with other posters. He typically responds to posts rather then posters, a fine example for us all.
#406 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Premium Member

Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Proctologist View Post

I hope you read the apology* I made to you in the other thread where I did put words in your mouth. I don't think I did that here, though.

Also, it's impossible to piss me off by posting things to me on an internet forum. No matter what is said, I can disagree with it or dispute it, but it won't piss me off.

Quote:

What's interesting to me is how someone can have opinions that might be associated with a certain group yet also have other opinions that are contrary to that group's belief. It's almost as if people aren't robots who must take on the character of the group they choose to latch onto.

Quote:
There are a few liberal Hack/Democratic Robots on this forum. You are not one of them and I wouldn't mistake you for one, even on those occasions where you say the same things they do.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-...plus-go-3.html
#407 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Premium Member

Premium Member
Quote:
We call ourselves Libertarians. Good for Mr. Johnson, One of those votes was mine. If you're not emotionally and/or intellectually handicapped, and you're sitting at the GOP table being dictated to by those who are, I suggest you find greener pastures as well. To each his own...
I would love to be an official (L) and I want to vote my conscience, but the practical side of me says I'm just wasting my time there as long as 99% of the voting public thinks of it as a big joke. I was a serious libertarian in the 90's but some of the kooks that populate the movement don't help with the credibility and I gave it up as a lost cause.
#408 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Very Interesting

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: R170+C219
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ One of those kooks carries the damned mantle for the movement, not for nothing...
#409 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
I would love to be an official (L) and I want to vote my conscience, but the practical side of me says I'm just wasting my time there as long as 99% of the voting public thinks of it as a big joke. I was a serious libertarian in the 90's but some of the kooks that populate the movement don't help with the credibility and I gave it up as a lost cause.
Your posts don't generally seem to portray a sheep, so why make an argument that it's easier to play one on the Internet? Perhaps you didn't notice, but a rallying voice during the past two elections inspired a new generation to carry the mantle of libertarianism. To where and how far they get is anyone's guess, but I was damned glad to see it, and hope a measure of good sense and good government comes out of it at some point in the not too distant future.
#410 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Premium Member

Premium Member
Quote:
Your posts don't generally seem to portray a sheep, so why make an argument that it's easier to play one on the Internet?
Frankly, it's hard work trying to play the shepherd all the time. Often with nothing to show for it at the end.

Quote:
Perhaps you didn't notice, but a rallying voice during the past two elections inspired a new generation to carry the mantle of libertarianism. To where and how far they get is anyone's guess, but I was damned glad to see it, and hope a measure of good sense and good government comes out of it at some point in the not too distant future.
I hope so too.

Don't put too much value into my often pessimistic attitude. That's just the way I am sometimes.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic