A Kidney Stone is a Preexisting Condition: Coverage DENIED! - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#21 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:43 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Aug 2008
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You liberal

I can see right through your liberal whining. A kidney stone is a pre-existing condition, you should get no coverage at all because you will cost money to cover. If you were in the same insurance pool as me you would be costing the entire pool money, therefore cutting into the profits of the health insurance industry, which will cause them to raise my premiums 6% a year like they have been. I own my own business and I am sick of the increasing costs, I have been consistently seeing a 6% a year increase in premiums since I started offering my employees insurance.

I also bought some health care stocks, and if the price of my shares is going to go up people like you will have to be denied. I need the money, I drive a Mercedes, do you know how much parts cost for this thing? Having you deal with a few kidney stones is a small price to pay for me to be able to afford synthetic oil.

You know, I lived in Canada four years, you know what health care was like there? I got shingles and had to go to the Dr. I called that morning and was there by lunch. I had no wait to see the Dr. and I did not have to pay a penny. What a dumb socialist system! A real American calls their insurance company, finds an in-network Dr., sits in the waiting room filling out piles of paperwork and then pays a office visit co-pay plus 20%. That is health care for you, none of this socialist crap I got in Canada.

Because I am American I did not qualify for prescription drug coverage in Canada, I had to pay out of pocket. Thanks to their strict laws controlling price they made me pay less for my drugs than the insurance deductible and co-pay I pay here in the US. That's right they forced me to pay ridiculously low prices for drugs. At the time I was shocked, I was living with a guy from the UK and one from Japan and they told me it was the same way in their countries. Apparently we are the only industrialised nation that does not have price controls. Well then the rest of the world must be wrong because our system is great here in the US.

In Canada I had to pay higher taxes. They put high taxes on alcohol and tobacco can you believe it! Well I avoided those darn socialist taxes by not buying those things, I showed them. Then, when I calculated how much money I spend on health care in the US and realised that I was spending less overall in Canada despite the tax burden I was so upset. This has to hurt Canada's Yacht industry. If we do not have rich health insurance execs buying boats how are those yacht makers going to feed their kids?

And in Canada it was ridiculous for private Drs. Yeah, they are all private there so they have to pay for their own expenses. I house sat for a Dr. and we became good friends. He told me the craziest thing. He said that because they have a single payer system when his clinic bills a dollar, they got a dollar. He made a great living doing this. They do not have to fight an insurance company for payment or anything. My wife and I stayed with friends this summer here in the US who worked in a clinic and they got 60 cents for every dollar they billed, now THAT is how business is done. Drs. should not get every dollar they bill, they should hire people full time to deal with multiple insurance companies and fight for every dollar. It creates jobs, isn't that American.

So last year when I had chest pains and had to go to the hospital I am glad that my health insurance provider refused to pay half of my bills, do you know how much money they saved by denying me? $6600 to be exact. That is a LOT of money to save, the CEO of my health insurance company could use that money to upgrade to AMG wheels if he wanted to, good for him.

So stop your whining, I'll have none of it. Nazis invaded sovereign nations, set up secret prisons, called anyone who opposed them un-patriotic, used terrorist attacks (burning of the Reichstag) to seize extraordinary power and may have once talked about health care some time. So I bet you are a Nazi sir, a communist Nazi! Wait, Nazis hated communists? They blamed communism for the attack on the Reichstag? Good, then if those communists attacked those socialists then I am a commie too! Wait, that didn't come out right. Well you drive a Mercedes and so did Hitler you Nazi! Ignore my Mercedes in my driveway.

Now let me go fight the Public Option because the last thing I want is competition for my health insurance company. Their basically state wide monopoly has been great for their business and I don't want that to change.

Last edited by lankychris; 09-30-2009 at 10:51 AM.
lankychris is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#22 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:46 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
What do you now have to say RWNJ?
I had one instance of a kidney stone last year and now my application for "cheaper" and private health insurance has been denied. How much more REAL data than this do you want to understand how broken this system is?
Oh, just to be fair, they offered a 10 month waiting period for another plan that is exactly what I have with my employer

What is your fukin excuses now????? What about people with real sickness and life threatening conditions?
My insurance policy costs me less because I don't have to accept distribution of risk of preexisting conditions. Good for me, bad for you.

If we expand to cover preexisting then it costs me more to cover you, who came into my plan voluntarily and expect me to cover your urethra-ripping condition.

It's a trade-off.

What if your condition is a result of lifestyle choice ( I don't know what causes stones, but just pretend)? Should I pay for your lifestyle choice that brought about your medical problem?

Where do we draw the line?

B

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. ... Americans deserve better.”
~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
Botnst is offline  
#23 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:50 AM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Fast55's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2006 E55, 2005 SLK55, a few others
Location: Ventura County USA
Posts: 986
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
My insurance policy costs me less because I don't have to accept distribution of risk of preexisting conditions. Good for me, bad for you.

If we expand to cover preexisting then it costs me more to cover you, who came into my plan voluntarily and expect me to cover your urethra-ripping condition.

It's a trade-off.

What if your condition is a result of lifestyle choice ( I don't know what causes stones, but just pretend)? Should I pay for your lifestyle choice that brought about your medical problem?

Where do we draw the line?

B
Ya know, no one wants to hear you making sense.
Fast55 is offline  
#24 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:50 AM
~BANNED~
 
benz rider's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Where did I ever asked you or anyone else to pay for my shit? Even if we had to go the political route for Public Option, President Hussein promised it will be self funded, so where does your contribution come into play?
SELF FUNDED BY WHO? OBAMA? DAVID ROCKERFELLER? or the ILLUMINATI? ...LOL....

you fail to realize that the "Public Scam Option" will be paid for mostly by the Middle Class. GENIUS. so in reality, myself and others will have to carry your sickly ass until you croak. how about you take better care of your body INSIDE and OUTSIDE so you can avoid having to be a burden on the restof us.

damn slacker .

Quote:
My case is nothing compared to people with terminal or critical health issues yet I am treated like shit and you don't even worry about their treatment, what kind of "Christian" are you? I am simply an example of what's wrong but the sad thing is that many people are being denied coverage and that doesn't bother you a bit. The world isn't against me like you stated, I am merely pointing out with FACTS based on a REAL case your fallacy and shortcomings but you can't accept that because it will mean YOU ARE WRONG! You can't accept that and I understand the denial which is typical of heartless losers such as yourself.
no, your issues are many but just to point out, you don't take care of yourself. you masterbate 15 times a day draining your body of testosterone which helps the immune system. so I can see when you're ailing.

benz rider is offline  
#25 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Location: Ratville
Posts: 22,770
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
What do you now have to say RWNJ?
I had one instance of a kidney stone last year and now my application for "cheaper" and private health insurance has been denied. How much more REAL data than this do you want to understand how broken this system is?
Oh, just to be fair, they offered a 10 month waiting period for another plan that is exactly what I have with my employer

What is your fukin excuses now????? What about people with real sickness and life threatening conditions?
Are you willing to sign a waiver of your right to sue your doctor in exchange for cheaper health care ?

Are you willing to take medication made in Mexico or China for that matter AS IS ?

Right.

Good health care for nothing is what you want.

... and this important discussion continues.


Dooloogssst!
mlfun is offline  
#26 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:52 AM
~BANNED~
 
benz rider's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post

What if your condition is a result of lifestyle choice ( I don't know what causes stones, but just pretend)? Should I pay for your lifestyle choice that brought about your medical problem?

Excessive sugar, Alcohol and stress mostly.
benz rider is offline  
#27 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:56 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 62,075
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
My insurance policy costs me less because I don't have to accept distribution of risk of preexisting conditions. Good for me, bad for you.

If we expand to cover preexisting then it costs me more to cover you, who came into my plan voluntarily and expect me to cover your urethra-ripping condition.

It's a trade-off.

What if your condition is a result of lifestyle choice ( I don't know what causes stones, but just pretend)? Should I pay for your lifestyle choice that brought about your medical problem?

Where do we draw the line?

B
Kidney stone = lifestyle choice?
If I was an alcoholic or smoked cigarette or did drugs maybe I would understand your "I am better than you" or "Luckyer than you" or "smarter than you" kind of talk. Don't you even see what's wrong here? Who are you defending?
DP is offline  
#28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:56 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 62,075
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz rider View Post
Excessive sugar, Alcohol and stress mostly.
You're medical doctor?
DP is offline  
#29 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:57 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 62,075
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
Are you willing to sign a waiver of your right to sue your doctor in exchange for cheaper health care ?

Are you willing to take medication made in Mexico or China for that matter AS IS ?

Right.

Good health care for nothing is what you want.
Excuse me but this plan that I signed up for and got denied isn't free so I have no idea what you're talking about. Please sit down!
DP is offline  
#30 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Kidney stone = lifestyle choice?
If I was an alcoholic or smoked cigarette or did drugs maybe I would understand your "I am better than you" or "Luckyer than you" or "smarter than you" kind of talk. Don't you even see what's wrong here? Who are you defending?
Like I said, I don't know what causes stones, so PRETEND .... You know, like it may not be real but behave as though it is?

Ach, nevermind. Pearls to swine.

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. ... Americans deserve better.”
~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
Botnst is offline  
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
KIDNEY KIDNEY KIDNEY!!!!!!! ThrillKill Off-Topic 0 03-29-2009 06:09 PM
I think I'll Pass a Kidney Stone, Now. cmitch Off-Topic 53 09-22-2008 09:09 AM
FS 126 Kidney Mufflers zukamb For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway 1 04-17-2008 06:07 AM
Entry Denied Shabah Off-Topic 7 06-09-2005 08:22 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome