Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
RWNJ's can suck my ACORN

The BRAD BLOG : Head of CA GOP Voter Registration Firm Pleads Guilty to Voter Registration Fraud

Quote:
Head of CA GOP Voter Registration Firm Pleads Guilty to Voter Registration Fraud

FLASHBACK VIDEO: Brad covers arrest with 'Fox News Alert' on FNC last October amidst phony ACORN brouhaha...

What's perhaps most interesting here is what isn't mentioned in this story, as written on the Los Angeles Times' "L.A. Now" blog. First, here's their entire blog item...

The owner of a voter-registration company pleaded guilty Tuesday to voter-registration fraud, according to the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office.

Laguna Beach resident Mark Jacoby, who collects signatures for petition drives, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor and was sentenced to three years' probation and 30 days of service with the California Department of Transportation.

Jacoby, owner of Young Political Majors, registered to vote at Los Angeles addresses that were not his own. State law requires petition circulators to be qualified voters. Jacoby will also be required to show proof he is registered at his correct address.

And what they didn't bother to mention in that story?...Amongst other things, the fact that Jacoby and Young Political Majors were hired by the California Republican Party to head up their voter registration efforts in the state. Jacoby had been arrested for Voter Registration Fraud last October, smack dab during the media's orgasmic heights of last year's phony GOP ACORN "Voter Fraud" hoax, even as Fox "News" (and the other news outlets who similarly fell for the scam) was going wall-to-wall with unsupported insinuations about voter fraud by ACORN, Democrats, and Obama.

I heard the news about the arrest of Jacoby just as I was heading out for an appearance on Fox "News," so I was able to break the news on-air in my own "Fox 'News' Alert." (Video originally posted here, reposted at bottom of this item.)

Given the way the LA Times blog "covered" the story of Jacoby's plea --- not even mentioning the fact that this guy and his group were hired by the California state Republican Party --- I'd say it's a fair bet Fox wouldn't even have bothered to mention the original arrest at all had I not been on air and forcing them to do so myself. Much as they are unlikely to bother reporting Jacoby's plea today.

Ya think if the head of ACORN had made such a plea (or even been arrested at all) it might have been covered just a bit on Fox "News"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 06:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Crap like this is precisely why I'm in favor of publicly-funded elections.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 07:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I am sorry to hear you have only one acorn. Did you lose the other in an accident? Damn those bizarre hazing rituals!

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Actually I need to drop back by your mom's house to pick up my other one.

(It comes and goes, this whole "mom" complex. It'll pass, don't worry about it.)
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 08:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Sadly, mom was last seen chasing a troop train with a mattress tied to her back, perhaps the new tenants have seen it.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Dammit. I knew she was a wanderer.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 08:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite

The Welfare Department keeps bringing sailors by for DNA tests, it's very annoying.

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 08:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Dammit. I knew she was a wanderer.
And is apparently carrying around one of your balls on her walkabout
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 11:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

She needs it for the paternity suit. But one must admit, she gives one hell of a blow job in gathering the evidence.

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 12:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2006 B 200 & Audi A6..
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
She needs it for the paternity suit. But one must admit, she gives one hell of a blow job in gathering the evidence.
You guys really do LOVE each other. Right??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in