BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: w204 (C350ELE)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by el pres View Post
"Your Highness" is being requested now by some Congressional members....
I know El Pres should know better, but I overheard prior to a session of Congress that they, themselves, prefer "Your F#!*ing Highness" and the Sargent at Arms wishes to add to his shield "By Appointment for Courting HRH Pelosi I".

What a Country!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 12:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Is this a petty issue, or what? WGAFF.
Petty in the sense that it really makes no difference in the grand scheme of things, then I would agree with you.

Telling though, in that it shows Boxer's complete lack of understanding about her importance.

If people here were to judge these two based on who has earned their title I don't see as to how anyone would see Boxer having worked harder than the General.

We had a few visits by politicians and we always addressed them as Sir or Ma'am. Senator Kerry did the same thing but in a private meeting with the Base CO. He asked if the General would address him as Senator. The General said "Sure thing Senator." Kerry looked around the rest of the room at the 4 other officers and we all said "Yes Senator" with the exception of a CWO5 who looked him straight in the eye and responded with "Yes sir, Senator sir!"

I learned a lot from that Warrant Officer over the next year or so.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #23 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 07:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
That CWO was out of line, especially if you were a subordinate or other subordinates were present. He was borderline on contempt of authority (or whatever the UCMJ phrase is). There is a very good reason why we keep the military on a short, tight leash in the hands of their civilian masters.

A quick review of world history informs us that when the military is openly contemptuous of the political leadership, the military becomes increasingly unreliable and a coup follows.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #24 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 07:26 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Is this a petty issue, or what? WGAFF.
Quote:
you need only look at who started the thread to find the response to that question.
or were you asking a rhetorical question?
You lefties need to lighten up ‚Äď it‚Äôs not as if we‚Äôre at war or in the middle of an economic crisis or something.
post #25 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 09:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
That CWO was out of line, especially if you were a subordinate or other subordinates were present. He was borderline on contempt of authority (or whatever the UCMJ phrase is). There is a very good reason why we keep the military on a short, tight leash in the hands of their civilian masters.

A quick review of world history informs us that when the military is openly contemptuous of the political leadership, the military becomes increasingly unreliable and a coup follows.

B
Kind of hard to be called out for being insubordinate when the person who is being insubordinate is agreeing to be subordinate in his insubordination.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #26 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 10:08 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Kind of hard to be called out for being insubordinate when the person who is being insubordinate is agreeing to be subordinate in his insubordination.

I don't doubt that Kerry, having been an especially priggish jr naval officer, was as aware of the intentional disrespect as was everybody else present.

Because the disrespect was not so grave as to invoke UCMJ does not mean that the CWO was exhibiting good order and discipline, proper military courtesy, or setting an example for his own subordinates. If I had been his superior I would have dressed him down in private, later.

We just cannot have the military, especially officers, treating elected officials with anything less than proper military courtesy.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

post #27 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I don't doubt that Kerry, having been an especially priggish jr naval officer, was as aware of the intentional disrespect as was everybody else present.

Because the disrespect was not so grave as to invoke UCMJ does not mean that the CWO was exhibiting good order and discipline, proper military courtesy, or setting an example for his own subordinates. If I had been his superior I would have dressed him down in private, later.

We just cannot have the military, especially officers, treating elected officials with anything less than proper military courtesy.
Where in the UCMJ does it state that an officer cannot say "yes sir" or "yes ma'am" to an elected official?

Don't believe everything you think
post #28 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 10:51 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Where in the UCMJ does it state that an officer cannot say "yes sir" or "yes ma'am" to an elected official?
Have a problem with reading comprehension?

Go to the 2nd paragraph and read it aloud. Twice, Professor Harvard Graduate.

B

post #29 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Have a problem with reading comprehension?

Go to the 2nd paragraph and read it aloud. Twice, Professor Harvard Graduate.

B
Reading tripe from verbose pedants gives me a headache; so the idea of re-reading it is out of the question.

Don't believe everything you think
post #30 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 11:12 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Reading tripe from verbose pedants gives me a headache; so the idea of re-reading it is out of the question.
Evidence suggests that comprehending that which you read once is an insurmountable challenge to you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in