Remember when the right wingers were all incensed in stuff over the report predicting - Page 9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 102 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 09:26 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Remember when the right wingers were…

I remember when the right wingers weren’t so ignorant – still wrong – but not so ignorant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 102 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 09:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
Oswald was dead before anyone conclusively established any reason for why he did what he did. Had he lived and been brought to trial all this conjecture about what his ties to commies was, and why he rejected America's society, and why he thought shooting Kennedy advanced his agenda could have been resolved and we could be dealing with facts instead of appearances.

He was a loner, as I recall, and went to Russia and got himself a nice looking wife in a bargain, then came back to raise a family here. I never saw much of anything that established his devotion to communism back then, just that he went there and married a Russian woman, who was not as demanding as an American woman. You know, obedient and all. I don't think that sounds like a love of Communism. But, hey, that's what I recall from the era. Lots of attention to his pretty hot widow, too, by the television stations. I forgot her name. Marina or something.

Anyway, most of what they found out about the guy fits a Timothy McVey profile, not some commie loving, long haired, pot smoking dude that was the leftie of the time.

Jim
What a bunch of revisionist crap you spout to bend Oswald to your preconceived notion that all assassins are right-wing. I'll let you argue with the Warren commission by yourself. What is your overwrought fascination with his wife?

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton

Last edited by bottomline1; 06-13-2009 at 09:38 AM.
post #83 of 102 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 12:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by talven View Post
You apparently aren't as smart as you think you are.
You should meet the folks I hang with. I know where I am on the chain.

But I notice you didn't address your post.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #84 of 102 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 12:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
Fact is, both of our "major" parties want control . . . conservatives do not.
Conservatives want it, they just can't figure out how to distribute it while still having it.

It would be a conundrum. But to your point, there needs to be more parties in this country. If you have a more defined ideological decision, you can put a stake in the ground and see where you come out. Coalitions would always have to be built but in the long run it would be a better system.

The Republican Party is on the verge of making some of those decisions right now but can't decide whether to run with principle and define their factions and put stakes in the ground or try to keep a grasp on short term power. Long term it would be a better solution for everyone. They can't do both.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #85 of 102 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 12:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc1244 View Post
Remember when the right wingers were…

I remember when the right wingers weren’t so ignorant – still wrong – but not so ignorant.
William F Buckley, Barry Goldwater, Richard Nixon, Howard Baker. You didn't have to agree with them but you had to respect their thoughts. Even Reagan, who was not known for thought had a skill to bring people together which was, in many times needed.

There do not seem to be parallels today.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #86 of 102 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 01:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
William F Buckley, Barry Goldwater, Richard Nixon, Howard Baker. You didn't have to agree with them but you had to respect their thoughts.
Or expand that to include lesser moderate Republicans such as Nelson Rockefeller, Ed Brooke, and Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr and you indeed see a serious lack of quality leadership in the GOP today where the leaders from the pre-Neocon/Social Conservative Putsch were knowledgeable, thoughtful, and pragmatic (!).

Very sad, really – now their leaders are Palin, Huckabee, and Limbaugh – bizarre.
post #87 of 102 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 04:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: 2004 E500 4matic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
You should meet the folks I hang with. I know where I am on the chain.

But I notice you didn't address your post.

Maddening, isn't it? I took a page from the liberal playbook.
post #88 of 102 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 05:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
What a bunch of revisionist crap you spout to bend Oswald to your preconceived notion that all assassins are right-wing. I'll let you argue with the Warren commission by yourself. What is your overwrought fascination with his wife?
I am not arguing with the Warren Commission, just noting they very heavily qualified their opinion with the word "appears" to have been a commie lover. And, given Oswald was murdered before anyone could question him, the press at the time was big into his personal life and his widow and kid. He was described as a loner who was not happy with the government. His commie loving was surmised - that he went to Russia and got a wife and came back was not surmised. It was real.

I don't think you or the Warren Commission knows jack shit about Oswald. You just want to hold him up as some leftie nut who shot and killed a leftier leaning US President for reasons that have never been documented and explained using more than surmised bullshit that appears to imply he was a commie. I figure he was a loser who went to Russia to get an obedient, good looking wife because he couldn't get laid over here. And, from what I heard at the time he sounds like he and McVey had a lot in common.

Jim
post #89 of 102 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 07:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I don't think you or the Warren Commission knows jack shit about Oswald. You just want to hold him up as some leftie nut who shot and killed a leftier leaning US President for reasons that have never been documented and explained using more than surmised bullshit that appears to imply he was a commie.
Oswald was a CIA operative working with the KGB to assassinate Kennedy fearing Kennedy would end the Cold War by not escalating US involvement in Vietnam and adhering to the Truman Doctrine/Containment Policy – the Cold War being very lucrative to the MIC of the US and USSR.
post #90 of 102 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 08:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc1244 View Post
Oswald was a CIA operative working with the KGB to assassinate Kennedy fearing Kennedy would end the Cold War by not escalating US involvement in Vietnam and adhering to the Truman Doctrine/Containment Policy – the Cold War being very lucrative to the MIC of the US and USSR.
I'm sure you have some evidence to support that assertion. Do you actually take that black helicopter to work each day?

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in