Looks Like Shane Made It To England - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 03:04 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Kind of like the Libs here with Bush.


I was thinking "Kind of like the Repubs here with Bush".
Jakarta Expat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 05:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 300SD
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 11,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon View Post

I still have to see "Mercedes sucks!" or "Lexus sucks" though.
Several years ago there was a case here in the US in which an unhappy Mercedes owner could not get satisfaction from his dealer taking care of numerous warranty issues with his Mercedes (forget which model, but it was at least the E class). So in frustration he did something similar as this Range Rover owner did. He parked the car on the side of a public roadway in front of the dealership with large negative messages all over the car. Eventually the dealer was so exasperated by this that he decided to buy the car back at the full purchase price.
p100 is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 05:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 300SD
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 11,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Kind of like the Libs here with Bush.
Well, if you are insinuating that he was a lemon president, I have to agree with that.
p100 is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 05:40 AM
Cruise Control
 
Zeitgeist's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 51,730
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
There is no such thing as a lemon, that is a term for those that don't know shit about cars. The fucker bought a Range Rover and expected it to be Toyota like? HE is the moron here for being uninformed and naive.
Shane's compassion and understanding of the human condition is the stuff of legend
Zeitgeist is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 05:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 300SD
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 11,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
There is no such thing as a lemon, that is a term for those that don't know shit about cars. The fucker bought a Range Rover and expected it to be Toyota like? HE is the moron here for being uninformed and naive.
Well, apparently most dealerships do not know "shit about cars" then, because lemons are simply vehicles under warranty whose problems they are unable to properly diagnose and fix.

And about this Range Rover: If they had to replace six ball joints on this vehicle (assuming they were defective of course) there is a problem. Good quality properly installed ball joints should last at least 100k miles on any vehicle.

Aren't you just a bit hypocritical here? I bet there would be numerous complaint rants all over this forum from you if you had the same problems with your new Mercedes.

Last edited by p100; 06-04-2009 at 05:44 AM.
p100 is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 09:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p100 View Post
Several years ago there was a case here in the US in which an unhappy Mercedes owner could not get satisfaction from his dealer taking care of numerous warranty issues with his Mercedes (forget which model, but it was at least the E class). So in frustration he did something similar as this Range Rover owner did. He parked the car on the side of a public roadway in front of the dealership with large negative messages all over the car. Eventually the dealer was so exasperated by this that he decided to buy the car back at the full purchase price.
Hmm..makes you think..

I still have my convertible top problem. The dealer wants $4,500.00 to fix it.
maine_coon is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 02:27 AM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Posts: 41,649
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p100 View Post
Well, apparently most dealerships do not know "shit about cars" then, because lemons are simply vehicles under warranty whose problems they are unable to properly diagnose and fix.

And about this Range Rover: If they had to replace six ball joints on this vehicle (assuming they were defective of course) there is a problem. Good quality properly installed ball joints should last at least 100k miles on any vehicle.

Aren't you just a bit hypocritical here? I bet there would be numerous complaint rants all over this forum from you if you had the same problems with your new Mercedes.

Sounds like dealer incompetence at servicing, as there is obviously a problem beyond the ball joints, if the dealer is telling the truth. Where do you think lemons go? Back to any used car lot. If they are car faxable then they have to be discounted, that is all. Then they are used up like any other piece of toilet paper. Lemons are usually in the mind of the buyer's inability to realize everything is shit regardless.

Last edited by Shane; 06-05-2009 at 02:39 AM.
Shane is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Hello from England Puff n Stuff General Mercedes-Benz 4 08-11-2009 11:21 AM
    American made vs. German made benz rider W202 C-Class 24 07-31-2008 10:14 PM
    Well done England 420 SE Off-Topic 3 02-09-2007 10:30 AM
    Anyone from England. CA. 280 R/C107 SL/SLC Class 3 01-10-2007 03:27 PM
    #7 CD New England Steven W163 M-Class 0 02-14-2003 11:49 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome