Obama's Speech in Cairo? - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: What's your take on it?
An overture to better relations? 8 66.67%
A sell out to the Muslim World? 2 16.67%
Just politics as usual? 1 8.33%
He will now finally publicly anounce that he's a Muslim 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 09:04 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
It appears to be a move in the right direction. Time will tell and define and redefine it again and again like it does everything. What does Obama wearing a speedo have to do with anything anyway?
The last time I had hope for a solution was when Clinton was working with Arafat and whatsisname from Israel. A brief review of history will reveal taht this is a familiar pattern of high-fallutin' words & speechifying punctuated by episodes of betrayal and sudden death.

This is merely more of the same.

Don't misunderstand me, I'd love for it to work. And kudos to Obama for trying a somewhat different polemical approach. But the history since the Ptolemy's has been otherwise.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and that’s what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
The last time I had hope for a solution was when Clinton was working with Arafat and whatsisname from Israel. A brief review of history will reveal taht this is a familiar pattern of high-fallutin' words & speechifying punctuated by episodes of betrayal and sudden death.

This is merely more of the same.

Don't misunderstand me, I'd love for it to work. And kudos to Obama for trying a somewhat different polemical approach. But the history since the Ptolemy's has been otherwise.
Who's writing history today?
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 09:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Who's writing history today?
Hopefully, Obama.

the thing about history is this: Time will tell.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and that’s what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 09:25 AM
37x
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2009
Vehicle: 72 Pinto
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Wow, now you see the light! I am glad that you're seeing this from a balanced angle. Yes Jerusalem should be as you described, all illegal settlements should stop and be dismantled, a two state or merged state should be worked out (well at least the latter at a small scale, like Jerusalem) and all parties should recognize and acknowledge each others right to exist and prosper. As I said before, withholding or the treat of doing so of free money flow to Israel and its neighbors will put everyone on notice that we are SERIOUS. Send AIPAC packing because they are simply the enabler for free monies to Israel. If we are going to bribe anyone it should be done under our terms and our choosing. We don't need political manipulation and arm twisting to shape our foreign policies for that region. Divorce the bitches NOW!
If he does this he will be a one term President. If that long.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsbenz View Post
If he does this he will be a one term President. If that long.
Is that because peace in the ME is such a bad thing? Or is it because the armament industry will be in the brinks of bankruptcy? Or maybe AIPAC will retaliate?
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 09:54 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I’ve said for years that the biggest problem Israel has is the cost of their Army … they need protection and they don’t have the oil income like others do. I suggested we give Israel Oklahoma…move the Okies to Arkansas…let the Palestinians have Israel. The Israelis will be protected by Highway Patrol of bordering states…it is just too simple! And they can have all the oil in Oklahoma!

When devils will the blackest sins put on, they do suggest, at first with heavenly shows - Othello
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 10:00 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozette View Post
I’ve said for years that the biggest problem Israel has is the cost of their Army … they need protection and they don’t have the oil income like others do. I suggested we give Israel Oklahoma…move the Okies to Arkansas…let the Palestinians have Israel. The Israelis will be protected by Highway Patrol of bordering states…it is just too simple! And they can have all the oil in Oklahoma!

You the man, wonderful plan, the Israeli's can have OK. That's OK...........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in