Couldn't believe my ears - Page 14 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 02:54 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
You have truth here. Many people cannot separate AQ from 9-11. It was proved that AQ fooled around probably at the behest of Saddam but that doesn't prove Saddam knew what they were up to. Maybe GW and his crew let everyone think there was a link just to get support. Hey, if the sheeple are dumb enough to buy it? I wouldn't put it past any career politician to let things get twisted for their personal benefit.

You and I are speaking on two different paths. You are focusing on the fools who are mentally attaching AQ9-11 to Saddam. I am talking about an intentional conspiracy by the Bush admin to link the two in no uncertain terms.
Hey maybe Arafat was on it too... How about King Hussein of Jordan? Hell why not throw in the Saudi King for kicks too?
You apparently know a lot about the Baath party and Al Qaeda love affair, why don't you tell us more?
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #132 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 02:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Stuantle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Hey maybe Arafat was on it too... How about King Hussein of Jordan? Hell why not throw in the Saudi King for kicks too?
You apparently know a lot about the Baath party and Al Qaeda love affair, why don't you tell us more?
Not a lot of love between the guys you listed. Saddam was a legend in his own mind.
Stuantle is offline  
post #133 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 02:59 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
Not a lot of love between the guys you listed. Saddam was a legend in his own mind.
Read my question again
DP is offline  
post #134 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 03:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Stuantle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think you need to read what you wrote! Saddam did what he wanted, when he wanted and doubtfully consulted even his sons. Criminals wandered in and out of Iraq with ease. No doubt there were plenty AQ or wannabes.
Stuantle is offline  
post #135 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 03:03 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
I think you need to read what you wrote! Saddam did what he wanted, when he wanted and doubtfully consulted even his sons. Criminals wandered in and out of Iraq with ease. No doubt there were plenty AQ or wannabes.
Go on, get to the point...
DP is offline  
post #136 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 03:07 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Let me continue here
Quote:
–"I have also determined that the use of armed force against Iraq is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorists and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organizations, or persons who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001." -George Bush, certification to Congress to authorize the use of force in Iraq, March 23, 2003
naaah, he didn't say that, now did he?
DP is offline  
post #137 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
You have truth here. Many people cannot separate AQ from 9-11. It was proved that AQ fooled around probably at the behest of Saddam but that doesn't prove Saddam knew what they were up to. Maybe GW and his crew let everyone think there was a link just to get support. Hey, if the sheeple are dumb enough to buy it? I wouldn't put it past any career politician to let things get twisted for their personal benefit.

You and I are speaking on two different paths. You are focusing on the fools who are mentally attaching AQ9-11 to Saddam. I am talking about an intentional conspiracy by the Bush admin to link the two in no uncertain terms.
Yes, and no. It was a deliberate propaganda campaign. Propaganda is what politicians do best. But this was an exceptional propaganda campaign, enormous in scope and extremely effective. Did they say there was a direct connection? No. Did they work hard to foster an impression that there was a connection? Absolutely.

And in fact, any connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda was brief and tenuous. They were interested in each other due to their mutual loathing of the U.S., but were unable to overcome their loathing of each other. The subject is covered in some detail in the 9-11 Commission Report.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #138 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 03:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Stuantle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Yes, and no. It was a deliberate propaganda campaign. Propaganda is what politicians do best. But this was an exceptional propaganda campaign, enormous in scope and extremely effective. Did they say there was a direct connection? No. Did they work hard to foster an impression that there was a connection? Absolutely.

And in fact, any connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda was brief and tenuous. They were interested in each other due to their mutual loathing of the U.S., but were unable to overcome their loathing of each other. The subject is covered in some detail in the 9-11 Commission Report.
Re. stuff in red. I can't agree since there is no proof. Did they let it be implied? Most likely.
Stuantle is offline  
post #139 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 03:17 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Yes, and no. It was a deliberate propaganda campaign. Propaganda is what politicians do best. But this was an exceptional propaganda campaign, enormous in scope and extremely effective. Did they say there was a direct connection? No. Did they work hard to foster an impression that there was a connection? Absolutely.

And in fact, any connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda was brief and tenuous. They were interested in each other due to their loathing of the U.S., but were unable to overcome ntheir loathing of each other. The subject is covered in some detail in the 9-11 Commission Report.

Here is a nice sample piece of that effort:
FrontPage Magazine - The Saddam-9/11 Link Confirmed
Can't get any better than Laurie Mylrole, she wrote a whole book on this stuff

Here is some spices she throws in here and there for some fear factor:
Quote:
Iraq was indeed involved in those assaults. There is considerable information to that effect, described in this piece and elsewhere. They include Iraqi documents discovered by U.S. forces in Baghdad that U.S. officials have not made public.
By the way she had linked Saddam to the Cole and the 93 bombing of the Trade Center. Was she part of this misinformation campaign? What were her motives? Just research who she worked for and that will answer the above

As I said many times over the Iraq war was a CONSPIRACY of the highest order. To this day no one has the balls to say exactly why we invaded Iraq. I will stick to mu guns and with full confidence will say we did it for Israel, either willingly or through manipulation.
DP is offline  
post #140 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 03:18 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^^^^
Where are the documents????
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    m110 for the ears minas de cobre W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class 58 04-27-2009 09:42 PM
    What's new in ya' ears? Qubes Off-Topic 4 11-09-2007 02:53 PM
    For EARS and all nobby R/C107 SL/SLC Class 10 04-10-2006 10:22 PM
    Ears This ones for you SSL R/C107 SL/SLC Class 35 02-04-2006 10:46 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome