Couldn't believe my ears - Page 12 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 12:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 5,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
^^We heard the same drivel on BWOT when the removal of X tons of yellow-cake uranium from Iraq had no relation to Saddam's interest in developing weapons of mass destruction.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
bottomline1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #112 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,917
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Geezus, this isn't rocket science, Stu. The Bush administration engaged in a classic and very effective propaganda campaign to sell the American public on the idea of invading Iraq. I would argue that this campaign was so effective, it could be used as the backbone for university course material. If this simple fact has somehow eluded you, I've been assigning your intellect far too much credit.

Am I supposed to take your above post to mean that no one believed in a Saddam-9-11 connection? You know and I know that's untarnished bullsh*t. Plenty of folks did -- many that I knew personally, and despite TNT's ridiculous assertion, the vast majority of those were folks who supported the invasion. Tell me oh all-knowing one, how is it that all of those Bush supporters happened to land upon the very conclusion that would most lend support to the Bush-Cheney agenda?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #113 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 12:22 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
^ Hey dummy, he stated that the polls bear it out!
Dummy What else do you want to throw my way? Here is my other cheek
DP is offline  
post #114 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 12:25 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
^^We heard the same drivel on BWOT when the removal of X tons of yellow-cake uranium from Iraq had no relation to Saddam's interest in developing weapons of mass destruction.
That yellow cake was there with our blessings when Iraq and Iran were at it. We sealed and accounted for those drums after the first Gulf War. Are you now telling us that acquired them AFTER the first Gulf War and that is the basis for the WMD accusation to invade post 911?
DP is offline  
post #115 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 12:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Geezus, this isn't rocket science, Stu. The Bush administration engaged in a classic and very effective propaganda campaign to sell the American public on the idea of invading Iraq. I would argue that this campaign was so effective, it could be used as the backbone for university course material. If this simple fact has somehow eluded you, I've been assigning your intellect far too much credit.

Am I supposed to take your above post to mean that no one believed in a Saddam-9-11 connection? You know and I know that's untarnished bullsh*t. Plenty of folks did -- many that I knew personally, and despite TNT's ridiculous assertion, the vast majority of those were folks who supported the invasion. Tell me oh all-knowing one, how is it that all of these Bush supporters happened to land upon the very conclusion that would most lend support to the Bush-Cheney agenda?
That is not the point here. Stop trying to wriggle off the hook.

You can not supply a single shred of evidence that says Bush and/or Cheney said there was a connection between 9/11 and Saddam.

On the other hand, you have propagated this myth time and again in this forum and I am sure in other places.

YOU CAN NOT PROVIDE ANY EVIDENCE TO DEMONSTRATE THAT CHENEY HAS REVERSED HIMSELF.

YOU ARE WRONG. Just admit it and be free from it.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
post #116 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,917
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Left wing rag alert: The impact of Bush linking 9/11 and Iraq | csmonitor.com

Be sure to stick your fingers in your ears and yell "nanananananana", if you actually take the time to read it. It may help.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #117 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 01:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 5,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
That yellow cake was there with our blessings when Iraq and Iran were at it. We sealed and accounted for those drums after the first Gulf War. Are you now telling us that acquired them AFTER the first Gulf War and that is the basis for the WMD accusation to invade post 911?
You are mixing purpose and process. The description of the process you provide does not address the issue of purpose and intent. Why did Saddam possess the yellow-cake? Why does Iran possess Uranium?

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
bottomline1 is offline  
post #118 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 01:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 5,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, GS, you are asserting that because a lot of folks believed there was a connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda, we should now proceed to hang Dick Cheney for what they believed, but for which there is no evidence that he promoted the idea.

I hope you realize that this idea of justice should make things very interesting in about four years for the Obama administration when all those starry-eyed voters realize that in voting for the savior, they really invited socialism into their homes and businesses.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
bottomline1 is offline  
post #119 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 01:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Left wing rag alert: The impact of Bush linking 9/11 and Iraq | csmonitor.com

Be sure to stick your fingers in your ears and yell "nanananananana", if you actually take the time to read it. It may help.
The second sentence is quite telling. Did you read it?

Quote:
Bush never pinned blame for the attacks directly on the Iraqi president.
So, now if you want to talk about how the media misled a lot of people (including yourself) into believing that Iraq was involved in 9/11 then feel free.

But please stop the childish back peddaling and out and out lieing about Bush and Cheney and how they said Iraq was involved in 9/11.

They never did. The people of this country who are actually informed know this.

People like you want to foment this irrational kind of speculation of "Well what Bush REALLY mean when he said that they weren't involved was that they WERE involved."

You sound like that Redneck woman who was Drunk and talking about that "Arab Barack Obama" on youtube.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
post #120 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 01:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
So, GS, you are asserting that because a lot of folks believed there was a connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda, we should now proceed to hang Dick Cheney for what they believed, but for which there is no evidence that he promoted the idea.

I hope you realize that this idea of justice should make things very interesting in about four years for the Obama administration when all those starry-eyed voters realize that in voting for the savior, they really invited socialism into their homes and businesses.
+1

I guess in the GS reality of things, proof does not matter. Just what people believe is the truth.

Wasn't it the movie "Gattica" where they had that drug Soma? Something like 938 times makes a truth.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    m110 for the ears minas de cobre W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class 58 04-27-2009 09:42 PM
    What's new in ya' ears? Qubes Off-Topic 4 11-09-2007 02:53 PM
    For EARS and all nobby R/C107 SL/SLC Class 10 04-10-2006 10:22 PM
    Ears This ones for you SSL R/C107 SL/SLC Class 35 02-04-2006 10:46 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome