LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 05:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Tahloube
You just made my point that we worship a different entity.
Let me touch on your highlited points. This is not meant to be a cut down to your faith, but instead a clarification .
The Jewish Messiah will be Jesus. 2nd coming according to christians.

The Trinity is not a marketing tool, but rather a means of explaining the ties of Father/Son/Spirit as one. The Holy Spirit was talked of in the Old Testament, and was in place clear back to the time of Adam and Eve. The beginning of mankind. It didn't just start up after a point. It always was

Abraham and other prophets in differing times all called for the same thing. Jesus was the culmination of that. Differing prophecies, and yes Abraham is in Heaven. They were under differing rules in the Old Test, but when the Messiah came , rules changed.

Jesus IS the son of God, and NOT a prophet. Thus further proof we are not worshiping the same God, or those opinions would be the same. The list of (I assume) verses are you have given are to me off base to biblical writings. No Comparison!
Just because your book talks of Jesus, doesn't mean it has the facts right, or they would hold to prophetic muster. They do not.

If your religion doesn't insight violence, you need to get vocal with those sects of Muslim, like the Bin Ladens of the world and get angry with those leaders for corrupting your religion. Where Is The Outcry!!! And they ARE claiming Muslim and Alah as their own. Don't fool yourself and try to pull my leg that they are not.

I don't believe your last statement of other religions which claim these things like virgin birth (crucifiction maybe) and resurrection. Show me! And then those 60+ prophetic things known before hand is another strong point, above and beyond the events.
You made my point for me that we do not worship the same God. The same God would not be so differing in his writings, since God does not lie.

Sorry dude, Don't buy it!

Aardvark.
Stuantle, still checking on the moon god thing, but aside from that... see the differences? Good points on it though, I read your links.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 11:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
a bunch of suppressed illetrete morons do not account to global opnion on any religion..
A helpful hint for your time on BWOT. IF you are going to call someone an illiterate moron regarding their opinion, it would be good to spell illiterate and opinion correctly.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #63 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 03:44 AM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Tahloube
You just made my point that we worship a different entity.
Let me touch on your highlited points. This is not meant to be a cut down to your faith, but instead a clarification .
The Jewish Messiah will be Jesus. 2nd coming according to christians.

The Trinity is not a marketing tool, but rather a means of explaining the ties of Father/Son/Spirit as one. The Holy Spirit was talked of in the Old Testament, and was in place clear back to the time of Adam and Eve. The beginning of mankind. It didn't just start up after a point. It always was

Abraham and other prophets in differing times all called for the same thing. Jesus was the culmination of that. Differing prophecies, and yes Abraham is in Heaven. They were under differing rules in the Old Test, but when the Messiah came , rules changed.

Jesus IS the son of God, and NOT a prophet. Thus further proof we are not worshiping the same God, or those opinions would be the same. The list of (I assume) verses are you have given are to me off base to biblical writings. No Comparison!
Just because your book talks of Jesus, doesn't mean it has the facts right, or they would hold to prophetic muster. They do not.

If your religion doesn't insight violence, you need to get vocal with those sects of Muslim, like the Bin Ladens of the world and get angry with those leaders for corrupting your religion. Where Is The Outcry!!! And they ARE claiming Muslim and Alah as their own. Don't fool yourself and try to pull my leg that they are not.

I don't believe your last statement of other religions which claim these things like virgin birth (crucifiction maybe) and resurrection. Show me! And then those 60+ prophetic things known before hand is another strong point, above and beyond the events.
You made my point for me that we do not worship the same God. The same God would not be so differing in his writings, since God does not lie.

Sorry dude, Don't buy it!

Aardvark.
Stuantle, still checking on the moon god thing, but aside from that... see the differences? Good points on it though, I read your links.
Doesn't the 'test' have something to say about arrogance???

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

post #64 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 04:29 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
A helpful hint for your time on BWOT. IF you are going to call someone an illiterate moron regarding their opinion, it would be good to spell illiterate and opinion correctly.

You have to forgive THEBOSS, most in Saudi have their staff right for them, but he is trying........
post #65 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 05:14 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
420SE
Sure does. Arrogance and knowledge are differing things , however.

Aardvark
post #66 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 05:44 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
You have to forgive THEBOSS, most in Saudi have their staff right for them, but he is trying........
"Write", not "right".

Indonesian staff on vacation?

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and that’s what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #67 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 08:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
Trinity has been clearly explained to you before. It is personal resistance that is keeping you from understanding.
Tell me I'm the only one who finds the Trinity hard to understand. What about Abraham and Moses and all the good people before Jesus? Did they take Jesus as their saviour or will they go to hell??

Oh, and where did you get the nonesense that Allah is a moon god?? Allah means The God in Arabic and it's also used by Arab Christians. You shouldn't get your information about Islam from Christian websites. It's like asking a GM salesman to review a Mercedes.

Check this out ( Hubal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) :

Quote:
In the Battle of Uhud the distinction between the followers of Allah and the followers of Hubal is made clear by the statements of Muhammad and Abu Sufyan. Ibn Hisham narrates in the biography of Muhammad:

When Abu Sufyan wanted to leave he went to the top of the mountain and shouted loudly, saying: "You have done a fine work; victory in war goes by turns. Today in exchange for the day (of Badr). Show your superiority, Hubal," i.e. vindicate your religion. The apostle told Umar to get up and answer him and say: "Allah is most high and most glorious. We are not equal. Our dead are in paradise; your dead are in hell."[9]
Hubal, the moon idol, and all the idols were destroyed by Muhammed and the Muslims. Try to read the Quraan instead of the lie-laden websites and things should become clear.

Last edited by Tahloube; 06-05-2009 at 08:41 AM.
post #68 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
You've raised a few interesting points regarding the trinity, all seem valid, and all remain unanswered, as far I can recall. There is a word for those who bring up these types of issues -- heretic.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #69 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 10:46 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
Tell me I'm the only one who finds the Trinity hard to understand. What about Abraham and Moses and all the good people before Jesus? Did they take Jesus as their saviour or will they go to hell??

Oh, and where did you get the nonesense that Allah is a moon god?? Allah means The God in Arabic and it's also used by Arab Christians. You shouldn't get your information about Islam from Christian websites. It's like asking a GM salesman to review a Mercedes.

Check this out ( Hubal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) :

Hubal, the moon idol, and all the idols were destroyed by Muhammed and the Muslims. Try to read the Quraan instead of the lie-laden websites and things should become clear.
Abraham and Moses were under a different covenant with God and are surely in Heaven as are all followers prior to Christ.

Trinity:
Even though it has been clearly explained, you and many, many others simply refuse to accept the fact that God is not human and therefore not completely explainable in human terms. The only human reference I ever heard that is close would be the comparison of a giant statue of God (human appearing) with one hand being the Holy Spirit and the other being Christ. Each and every individual on the planet is wrapped within both hands at all times, simultaneously. Ever had the good feeling inside of you when you did something charitable, anonymously without repayment of any kind? The feeling and drive to do the right thing came from God and into you. The other hand, Christ is not just a bunch of prophetic words. His sacrifice and resurrection is a free gift you could never repay. You come to God through his one hand which is Christ and receive God through the other hand which is the spirit. Touched on both sides, you complete the circuit.

Now try to separate the arms from God and think about the rest. The sum of all of the smartest minds that ever walked the earth could not comprehend it. He is way beyond human knowlege. The two parts we can understand are Christ and the Spirit.

Moon God:
You obviously did not read the links I provided or you would not have written the snotty answer. There are links from both sides. From a historical and scientific side there is the Moon God. From a Koranic belief side there is just Allah. I know where you stand. Don't worry about that. You use the Koran as your high reference. I do not and will not. That is a divide that I cannot cross and neither can you. We can however gaze across with respect.
post #70 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 10:59 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
Abraham and Moses were under a different covenant with God and are surely in Heaven as are all followers prior to Christ.

Trinity:
Even though it has been clearly explained, you and many, many others simply refuse to accept the fact that God is not human and therefore not completely explainable in human terms. The only human reference I ever heard that is close would be the comparison of a giant statue of God (human appearing) with one hand being the Holy Spirit and the other being Christ. Each and every individual on the planet is wrapped within both hands at all times, simultaneously. Ever had the good feeling inside of you when you did something charitable, anonymously without repayment of any kind? The feeling and drive to do the right thing came from God and into you. The other hand, Christ is not just a bunch of prophetic words. His sacrifice and resurrection is a free gift you could never repay. You come to God through his one hand which is Christ and receive God through the other hand which is the spirit. Touched on both sides, you complete the circuit.

Now try to separate the arms from God and think about the rest. The sum of all of the smartest minds that ever walked the earth could not comprehend it. He is way beyond human knowlege. The two parts we can understand are Christ and the Spirit.

Moon God:
You obviously did not read the links I provided or you would not have written the snotty answer. There are links from both sides. From a historical and scientific side there is the Moon God. From a Koranic belief side there is just Allah. I know where you stand. Don't worry about that. You use the Koran as your high reference. I do not and will not. That is a divide that I cannot cross and neither can you. We can however gaze across with respect.
The Moon God as explained by Tahloube is indeed Hubal if you care to read some history books rather than go by gut feeling. When Islam came along, Muhammad clearly stated that Islam was a continuation of Christianity and was basically the end of the chapter in terms of God's messages to humanity through PEOPLE like Muhammad, Jesus, Moses... etc. Allah was never Hubal and what you were linking to was garbage written by "special groups" that want to create a deeper rift so you can state shit like: "We can however gaze across with respect" yet steal, kill and destroy the other side at will. History supports my point a lot more than yours on this matter no matter what kind of spin and bullshit your answer to this will be. You can't deny your contempt for these people, you can't deny your deep inner hate for anything that doesn't fit your comfortable little world, let's not beat around the bush and pretend otherwise. Can you be sincere for once in your life and just admit that you hate them muslins and rag heads? I am more up to believe that than any of your bullshit that you spewed so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in