Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
a bunch of suppressed illetrete morons do not account to global opnion on any religion..
I don't think this makes any sense...perhaps you can elaborate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 09:22 AM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Aardvark broke the code. What's your excuse?
post #53 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 09:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
a bunch of suppressed illetrete morons do not account to global opnion on any religion..
Very interesting comment from a pawn for the House of Sod.
post #54 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
This strikes me as a very important word to spell correctly.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #55 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:02 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Should we give him a pass for ESL?
post #56 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisdave View Post
Aardvark broke the code. What's your excuse?
Aardvark and I have far different standards for what we consider to make sense.
post #57 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 12:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Q
Only in certain areas.

Aardvark.
post #58 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 03:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
What's the difference between Jews, Muslims and Christian? Don't they all believe in the same God? Somebody enlighten me on this subject.

All claim to be monotheistic although the Christian version, the Trinity, seems the odd one.
post #59 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 04:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Drewprof.
Let me give you a basic rundown on my thoughts on this. The Jewish God, is the same God as the Christian God. Difference being the Jewish don't believe Christ is their Messiah, and their Messiah is still due to come.

Do you think when the Jewish Messiah comes, they'll call him God/son of God/third of God/..?? What about the holy spirit?

The Trinity was an attempt to market Christianity among Romans. Oh, and the Holy Spirit was recognized/discovered how many decades later

Despite the 60+ direct prophetic verses in the OT that spell out who the Messiah was to be, right down to family lineage, birth place, method of death, resurrection and so on.The Jews (priests) of Jesus's time didn't want to give up power to a lowly peasant who rode in on a donkey (which was also prophetic).

A prophet prophesying the next prophet is more than expected. Prophets prophesying the coming of God is ..... You fill the blank. Did Abraham, for example, know about Jesus? Did he believe in Jesus? Was Abraham saved or will he go to hell just because Jesus came later?

Islam is a different bird. Jesus comes, performs miracles, dies, raises from the dead and preached for 40 days after his burial, to crowds as big as 500 people, and the Muslim religion only refers to him as a prophet?

Not exactly. Jesus is only a prophet, yes. Performed many miracles, yes. However, he was not crucified nor resurrected. And BTW, we also believe he spoke in the cradle to defend his mother from the crowds who accused her of adultry.
27. At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Mary! truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!

28. "O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!"

29. But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"

30. He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah. He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;

31. "And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;

32. "(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;

33. "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!

34. Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.

35. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

36. Verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord: Him therefore serve ye: this is a Way that is straight.

37. But the sects differ among themselves: and woe to the unbelievers because of the (coming) Judgment of a Momentous Day!

NOPE, Christianity says specifically Jesus is the Son of God. Actually God/Spirit/and Jesus are one (trinity) Also biblical teachings are so divergent from Islam, that they cannot be talking of the same God. A god of peace doesn't tell you to blow yourself up, or demand you worship him. Instead the Christian God desires you worship him, and gives you free will in the matter. Not The Same!

Where does Allah tell Muslims to blow themselves up?? I bet you don't even know that the explosive belt you associate with Muslim fighters is an invention of Tamil Tigers (Sri LAnkan separatist), and they're not Muslims.

No other religion other than Christianity has a God who lived in man form, performed miracles and healings by large numbers, predicted his death burial and ressurection, walked on earth after death, and rose to heaven. These things were written closely after his death and by multiple witnesses and sources. Buddhists claim some isolated miracles from their leader, however they were written 500 years after his death. To me that is not credible. Other than that, no other God did these things in any numbers whatsoever, if at all.

Actually, there are many in ancient Eastern religions. All share a virgin birth, crucifixion, resurrection and a godly status.

And there's more, but for space I stop for now.

Aardvark
post #60 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 05:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
All claim to be monotheistic although the Christian version, the Trinity, seems the odd one.
Trinity has been clearly explained to you before. It is personal resistance that is keeping you from understanding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in