Today's "Tolerance" Brought To You By... - Page 19 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 07:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I believe the languages of the scrolls are Hebrew and Aramic, but I am far from an expert on those types of writings. I defer those questions to my friend who is in Ethiopia at this moment. The has a doctorate in these matters of Old Test theology. I do know that the scrolls are not as mysterious as one might think, and since 1991, they(or parts) have been available in photographic form for review.

I get your point on the memorization and sporadic writing. I was just pointing out the Quran was not compiled until somewhere around 780AD. That was my main point.

Correct on the Barnabas front and various other books (the Apocrapha) that were considered to not fit the text of the others for various reasons. Mainly because they conflict with the other books to such a degree they were considered not legit to biblical standards. The Barnabas book you mention is even considered a possible 16th century writing and a forgery, but that is to be debated. It is claimed it was written between 70-79AD. Most NT books were written prior to that date, but not all. John was writing books in `90-96AD for his last writings. Matthew in 37AD Mark Luke around 60AD. These are the books written about Jesus. The funny part is the Old Test prophetic writings of Jesus and the accuracy to the first 4 books of the New Test, regarding Jesus's life.

In my belief things do happen on the healing front "out of the blue". It is God doing it, but sometimes there is absolutely no explainations other than the prayers that were offered up to God. Spirit Power, if you will. 1st Corinthians and Jesus speaks to this.

It isn't so fascinating that someone quits drinking or hard drugs. It is how it happens and at times with no withdrawl symptoms. Especially when these folks are addicted, and have tried in the past to get off these things, even in a clinical setting, and WHAM, done. It makes it easier to stay off of alcohol when such restrictions are put upon it's use. Not so in this country. It is almost encouraged.

I haven't had time to read either. I have the references sitting here in front of the computer for when I free up.. It will get read soon, however.

Later, Blessings
Sponsored Links
post #182 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 01:12 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just to comment on your assumption that the Quran was no compiled until until 780 AD. That's no true. It was compiled as soon as the revelation ceased with Mohammad's death sometime in 632, according to Wikipedia: Qur'an - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unlike the Bible, we believe the Quran was revealed to Mohammad in the span of more than 20 years. It's the exact words of God that discussed faith, jurisdiction, past and future events, etc.. It's not a history of Mohammad, Islam nor early Muslims narrated by some authors with some differences here and there. You'll notice the difference as soon as you start reading it.

My prayers for you, me and everybody to find the truth.
post #183 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 05:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Biblical writings span 20 centuries. all books contained within, uncannily meld, tell a continuing story and flow to complete a beginning to end story. The choice of books has to do with the melding and agreement with each other. It includes as it was happening stories of the very people you revere , such as Abraham, and tells his entire story, as well as many other figures of historic interest.
The books are sort of broken down like this in 5 divisions :
Preparation--Old Test ( prep for Jesus)
Manifestation--the Gospels
Propagation--the Acts
Explanation--the Epistles
Consummation--The Apocalypse
There is quite a history as to how the books were chosen, the church trying to pollute the writings and not allow for translation, even though early on in abut 800 AD it was already translated into 500 languages., the "church" and muslim influence as well, destroy nearly all writings, and papyrus(one source) was not a very stable writing surface for longevity. The church held it in Latin until in the 1500's the writings were translated in German and finally in english. A brutal and interesting beginning, of which I am not the best historian, regarding those facts.

I will be reading the passages of your book as a historic reference to Jesus, since he is my focus.
My prayers are exactly the same.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: