Today's "Tolerance" Brought To You By... - Page 13 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
While I don't personally find you convincing Tahloube, I do appreciate your demeanor, your wit, and your ability to communicate, as well as the perspective you offer.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 06:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Tahloube
The Holy Spirit wasn't discovered centuries later. It was obvious in the old testment, back in the first part of biblical writings, it then was given over in mass to the christians after Christs resurrection to use, like it was in the OT, but in a more extreme way. (being simplistic).

It is the general concensus that the Romans were unimportant as far as the trinity concept. Christians could have cared less if the Romans got the concept. I think you need to re=read what I typed.

It is upon you and yours to condemn those who claim terror fits with your religion, no matter if it is East or West. It needs to be made clear to us. It has not been made clear. The west media outlets would run it if it was available. Believe that.

Gotta go
Aardvark.
post #123 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
It is upon you and yours to condemn those who claim terror fits with your religion, no matter if it is East or West. It needs to be made clear to us. It has not been made clear. The west media outlets would run it if it was available. Believe that.

Gotta go
Aardvark.
Works both ways. I'm certain ME Muslims would appreciate a clear condemnation of the terror and mass murder the U.S. inflicted upon the citizens of Iraq.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #124 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 06:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
The big problem is that even muslims don't know much about Islam themselves and are the worst ambassadors to the belief they inhereted. That's my biggest frustration and I believe it's the main reason behind most of my people's problems.
The same is true for Christians, as seen in this and many other threads.
post #125 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 06:28 PM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:

Gotta go
Aardvark.
but you don't, do you? You keep coming back with the same mindless drivel...

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

post #126 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 06:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
While I don't personally find you convincing Tahloube, I do appreciate your demeanor, your wit, and your ability to communicate, as well as the perspective you offer.
You sound like the Judge talking to my divorce attorney.
post #127 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

A moral victory, eh?

post #128 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 06:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
German
As opposed to Saddam? I am not really in favor of Iraq. Lots of US citizens critiquing the war, and a lot of Iraq citizens appreciate the liberation as well. Afghanistan? Yeah, but that is being done politically as well.
Also don't confuse Christians Ideals with the US Government actions. I try not to confuse good muslims with the insane.
We here give the Christians hell for getting out of line (and that's fine). They need to do the same with their Muslim clerics and radicals. I don't see it. If it is not controlled by their own religious factions, who is left to do it when things blow up?

420SE
Take it or leave it, Dude! Testing is still inevitable.

Aardvark
post #129 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 06:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Thanks. I'm only offering the 'other' peoples belief here. You know what Christianity says about this and that but usually not what Islam says.
post #130 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 06:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Tahloube
The Holy Spirit wasn't discovered centuries later. It was obvious in the old testment, back in the first part of biblical writings, it then was given over in mass to the christians after Christs resurrection to use, like it was in the OT, but in a more extreme way. (being simplistic).
You say the Holy Spirit was there and I say WHEN did the Holy Spirit become part of the Trinity/make the Trinity?? You must of heard of the Council of Nicea, that's 325 AD and that's way after Jesus.

Quote:
Now that we're dicussing the Trinity, is 3 times enough? You know, one for the Father, the other for the son and the third for the Holy Spirit. I recall right after 9/11, every Muslim leader condemned the attack. Did you miss that, too?

Your turn. Do you condemn terror attacks by your people on others who happened to be Muslims most of the times lately? Shock and Awe meant terror and it sure did cause terror and chaos in Iraq for all the wrong reasons. And there were / are many websites and discussion forums that hailed the war for paving the way for Christ's second coming. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in