post #91 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
^ With God's full endorsement. Omniscient, omnipotent, etc.

You ascribe too much power to God, and too little to Satan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 02:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Tahloube
You just made my point that we worship a different entity.
Let me touch on your highlited points. This is not meant to be a cut down to your faith, but instead a clarification .
The Jewish Messiah will be Jesus. 2nd coming according to christians.

Muslims believe that Jews will actually follow the antichrist "alMassieh addajjaal" who will (have the knowledge to perform) miracles and lure people to believe that he's God. One of his eyes are defective and it should be obvious that God should at least be physically perfect. The second coming of Jesus will follow and clarify matters that Christians will follow Jesus, Allah's messenger/prophet.

The Trinity is not a marketing tool, but rather a means of explaining the ties of Father/Son/Spirit as one. The Holy Spirit was talked of in the Old Testament, and was in place clear back to the time of Adam and Eve. The beginning of mankind. It didn't just start up after a point. It always was

Romans were not ready to believe in one God.. So, Saul/Paul the apostle came up with the Trinity after Jesus' alleged crucifixion. The Holy Spirit as part of the Trinity was decided later.. by clergymen not by revelation. I've always asked Arab Christians why doesn't the Bible speak of the Trinity as a term or a concept let alone the corner stone of Christianity and explain it or emphasize its importance.

Abraham and other prophets in differing times all called for the same thing.
Which is what exactly? Jesus was the culmination of that. Differing prophecies, and yes Abraham is in Heaven. They were under differing rules in the Old Test, but when the Messiah came , rules changed.

Rules changed? Did God change his mind? Or did man decide to change God's message to man to suit the clergy? Muslims believe the latter happened.

And what about the original sin? Doesn't it apply to humans before Jesus??

Jesus IS the son of God, and NOT a prophet. Thus further proof we are not worshiping the same God, or those opinions would be the same. The list of (I assume) verses are you have given are to me off base to biblical writings. No Comparison!
Just because your book talks of Jesus, doesn't mean it has the facts right, or they would hold to prophetic muster. They do not.

If your religion doesn't insight violence, you need to get vocal with those sects of Muslim, like the Bin Ladens of the world and get angry with those leaders for corrupting your religion. Where Is The Outcry!!! And they ARE claiming Muslim and Alah as their own. Don't fool yourself and try to pull my leg that they are not.

'Bin Ladenism' is not a sect. He was America's tool to fight the Russians in Afghanistan. Later, he became America's tool to invade Afghanistan and Iraq. Other violent groups were born from torture at oppressive regimes jails. Muslims are plagued with both the regimes and those violent groups. While we can't loudly criticize the regimes but Muslims obvious rejection of extremism and extremists doesn't reach you. It makes no interesting news although it's the opinion of the majority. It's not our mistake.

I don't believe your last statement of other religions which claim these things like virgin birth (crucifiction maybe) and resurrection. Show me! And then those 60+ prophetic things known before hand is another strong point, above and beyond the events.

Check this out:
The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors

You made my point for me that we do not worship the same God. The same God would not be so differing in his writings, since God does not lie.

Sorry dude, Don't buy it!

Aardvark.
Stuantle, still checking on the moon god thing, but aside from that... see the differences? Good points on it though, I read your links.

post #93 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 03:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Stu,

Are you saying that God had only one arm/was missing something until Jesus was born? Of course that's not what you meant but if Jesus had a purpose then that was missing 2009 years ago which is not fair for the people who lived 2 millennia ago. If not, then Jesus was useless (unless he was a prophet/messenger from The God) and unneeded.

About the moongod links, I'll see them later just to see what kind of things Christian sites fabricate about Islam. I quoted wiki to show you what a neutral says. The writer must be so desperate to fabricate such plain lies.
post #94 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 03:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Exactly! And if he really shows up I will invite him for a ham and bacon fest.
I think you should consider a halal menu.
post #95 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 03:26 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
I think you should consider a halal menu.
That's the point, I don't think he would want a "Christian" diet, I was just testing the crowd's ignorance
post #96 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 03:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Tahloube
Same format , I answer the highlited items

Again we differ. Christians don't believe the Jews will follow the antichrist. God and Jesus are one. Jesus never called himself a prophet, but instead said "I and my father are one" and said similar things numerous times.,

Which brings us to the concept of the trinity. "I and my father are one" as well as "I leave with you the comforter(Holy Spirit)" when I ascend to the father (resurrection).
Paul?Saul was not out to appease the Romans. He could have cared less about them. He was out to describe to Christ followers of what had happened and what it all meant.
The Romans were not a concern. Christians died at the Romans oppression, and there was no love loss if they didn't get the trinity, but then again Jesus was for everyone. Still is.

Abraham and most of the writers of the OT referred to the upcoming Messiah, and the prophecies were directly related to Christ, his birth family lineage resurrection and many other events. Not as a prophet.

Rules changed but again that was prophetic from as early as Genesis. It was inevitable that the Messiah would enter and shift the structure some. Christ then said, "I have come, not to abolish the law, but to fulfill it" Rules change again at the end. You know that but think it happens different than me.

Regarding Bin Laden or others like him. It would seem prudent as a Muslim for you or others to expose the fool for what he is, and make it clear he doesn't stand for your ideals. It is NOT clear to many out there and Muslims are not condemning this idiot or his followers, to any degree. WHY???
Never said there were no others crucified. By odds there must have been a few religious folks crucified.. It's the way Christ was crucified. Also the resurrection was a key item as well as all prophetic writings leading up to Christ. I peered at the link, but will look it over later. The processes of Christs death were down the line prophetic, from many points like legs being left unbroken(which was quite unusual with the Romans) and a sword thrust in his side (also a little uncommon) It was the resurrection that holds a lot of weight, and is quite easy to prove.
I would be pleased if we worshipped the same God, since it would be a means for commonality. This world needs more of that. I absolutely can't buy the points, however.

Blessings/Prayers.

Aardvark
post #97 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 03:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

JimSmith,

Mohammad with the Koraan is not like Jesus with the Bible. We believe that the Koraan was revealed to Mohammad (through Gabriel the angel) who in turn taught it to his companions.
post #98 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
John 14:28

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #99 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 03:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
How can the Koran give you any proof if you consider it a fraud? Just answer this one then I will consider other nonsense...
post #100 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 03:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Moon god or no moon god, The differences are too vast. You may want to check the links he had, since they were mixed.
Don't tell me Muslims don't fabricate some facts as well. That is just human nature.
You sent me a link. Bet it is also slanted. I did however promise to look at it.

AARDVARK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in