LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #251 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 01:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I can't agree with local rule on this. Too many scared folks don't need that kind of administrative crap when they are at an already stressed point. Roe v Wade was intended to eliminate that very issue.

As for beginning of life v viability, without viability there is no life. It is a specious argument.

As for imposing beliefs, I think the problem is select moral beliefs by a minority christian group that has most folks on the pro choice side's knickers in a knot. Again, if separation of Church and State is protected this becomes a medical and legal issue, which is fine. It is when fuzzy, illogical church issues are pushed that the trouble starts.
I don't think there is a question of viability in these cases.

Late-term abortions also are grueling. In 2007, the Supreme Court upheld a federal ban on one late-term procedure, sometimes called "partial-birth abortion," in which the physician begins to deliver the fetus, feet-first, then punctures its skull. Doctors are still allowed to dismember the fetus in utero. Dr. Tiller's preferred method is also legal. He stopped the fetal heart with an injection of digoxin, a drug used to treat adult heart patients. Then he would induce labor. Patients said they would wait in hotel rooms through two to three days of contractions until they were ready to deliver their stillborns at his clinic.

Such procedures discomfit some abortion doctors. William F. Harrison, who performs abortions in Fayetteville, Ark., said he considered Dr. Tiller a friend and called him "a very brave and great doctor." Yet he has long expressed concern about Dr. Tiller's willingness to abort into the ninth month. "Some of his practices are hard to defend," Dr. Harrison said.

Common Ground on Late-Term Abortion: Anguish - WSJ.com

... and this important discussion continues.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: