post #241 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 09:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
You are a good man Bear. I agree with much you post and disagree with the rest.

Oh, yes. Flip is a nut in the first degree. Never met him, but I have met some of his cohorts. Not sure if he is dangerous, just a nut.
I have not talked to him in 12 years. Back then he was very dangerous. He was a dynamite kind of guy.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Is a zygote viable? It undergoes cellular respiration. that's a life sign. It's living. Viability is the capacity for life, so a zygote is strictly viable. Probably what you actually mean is viable outside of the uterus or perhaps viable without life support. But wait, a newborn cannot care for itself, so is a newborn viable? How about an in utero baby at say, 8 months. It isn't viable -- free living, but it has the capacity for viability. How about 7 months? 6 months? that's getting at the cutting edge (forgive me, I couldn't help it) of neonatal care. Absent extraordinary life support measures, the baby will die. Is there any reason at all to suppose that medical science will be unable to bring an in vitro baby to term? I don't think so. So that means,w ith outside help, a zygote could develop absent a mommy-body. is it viable?

This will all become increasingly complex as we move into the brave new world of eugenics -- control of the human genome and it's expression. There will come a time, probably before you and I meet our doom, when people will make the argument that reproduction is too important to be left to the primitive organic system. Why risk producing mutated idiots? A chicken in every pot, a perfect baby in every crib. I'm betting 20 years, max.
We are growing in population at a stupefying rate. 305M to 350M in just 27 years for the US, 10Billion worldwide by 2037, a near 50% pop in just 27 years, the last thing we need to worry about is reproduction being "too important". We seem to be able to do that just fine.

As for how to define viability, with all the variables and parameters, that is what we have doctors, scientists and unfortunately lawyers for. That is a more honest and accurate method than loading in fables and religions and splinters of religions and the politics of America - either side.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #243 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 09:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
I ask again ...
Where are the Clinton era convictions ?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-...ml#post3515257
As I said earlier, google is your friend, or enemy if you don't want the answers.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #244 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 10:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
^ The prudent thinker realizes that setting the date at anything after conception is walking on an incredibly slippery slope.
Science and medicine are smarter than that.

If you want to deal in absolutes, the array of slippery slopes are near endless.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #245 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 10:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Jus' looking for you know, ... proof.
Frankenstein the CIA created | World news | guardian.co.uk

There are about six hundred sites and you can read Robert Gates book or interviews with Zbigniew Brezinski for confirmation.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #246 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 11:58 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ He knows that.
post #247 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 12:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisdave View Post
^ He knows that.
So would yesterday have been Sadie Hawkins Day?

McBear,
Kentucky

post #248 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 05:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
As for how to define viability, with all the variables and parameters, that is what we have doctors, scientists and unfortunately lawyers for. That is a more honest and accurate method than loading in fables and religions and splinters of religions and the politics of America - either side.
Punt

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #249 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 05:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Frankenstein the CIA created | World news | guardian.co.uk

There are about six hundred sites and you can read Robert Gates book or interviews with Zbigniew Brezinski for confirmation.
Oh, you mean some of the people who were with the Mujahideen and LATER created or joined the Al Qaeda! For a second there I thought you were suggesting that the CIA created Al Qaeda. Glad we cleared that up.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #250 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 04:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Starting to look like the killer was skitzo, imprisoned in past years and part of the "freeman" radical group. Also he ws in contact with anti abortion groups and Stillers asasination attempting person from the past. He really had some mental issues. Not a religious fanatic, just a strong anti government radical with a prison record, and a mental problem who should (by law) not have owned a firearm.
Then again, on the firearm front, I am pro-carry because of these lunatic fringe types, and downright criminals and nuts. Technically the felon has no right to firearm ownership. This guy has been watched by the FBI in the past, and he still slips through the cracks.
I'm just glad it can't be thrown out there that this was a christian radical, gone postal.
That gets pounced on too often, eh?
Also I have a hard time feeling remorse for the loss of someone who's life is lost who was killing children in the late term birthing processes. Sorta like feeling bad that Hitler is gone. No remorse there either.
McBear, you had mentioned the issues with overpopulation and i wholeheartedly agree , but think birth control and responsibility is more the proper route. I am essentially a zero population growth thinker. Unfortunately responsibility seems in short supply.

Aardvark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in