Kansas Abortion Doctor Slain at Church - Page 20 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 01:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
jplinville's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1987 560SL
Location: Tarentum, PA
Posts: 3,484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jplinville
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Is this your way at waving the flag instead of facing the truth that you have become?
That I have become what? I'm tired of watching you beat the horse.

I work nights and am getting ready for bed...I'm exhausted

I'm not a real dickhead...but I acted like one in high school.
jplinville is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #192 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 01:54 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
srf25's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1987 420 SEL Artic White, 1987 260E (RIP), 1993 190E, 1987 560 SEL Artic White (parts)
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplinville View Post
Others like me? I generally stay out of debates concerning religion. I try not to force my views on others...just to get them to understand that there are views other than their own.

A person's belief in God/Jesus is very personal...one that should not be taken lightly.

I grew up with religion force fed to me from birth. It's the Southern Baptist way. And people think Catholics feel guilt? LOL

I read and study the Bible and live the best that I can. I'm not perfect at all. I know this. But I strive to be what He wants me to be.
Hey trust me, I understand; my grandfather was a Baptist minister. That upbringing conflicts with the way I think even today, but as you said, one's relationship with God is a personal thing. But that is not the Baptist way, I am sure you'd agree.
I completely and emphatically deny that one religion has it "right", and all others are wrong.
srf25 is offline  
post #193 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplinville View Post
That I have become what? I'm tired of watching you beat the horse.

I work nights and am getting ready for bed...I'm exhausted
I didn't beat a horse or ran away from the subject, I squarely labeled you a Taliban prime. You don't like the truth but I understand
DP is offline  
post #194 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 01:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
jplinville's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1987 560SL
Location: Tarentum, PA
Posts: 3,484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jplinville
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Oh yeah, teach me a thing or two about that subject. This is an open invitation for you to demonstrate that not only you are right but you have all the facts clearly lined up and verifiable. Give it a try... Don't chicken out with an excuse like jplinville or give background noise like aardvark.
You ask for facts. We give you our beliefs and why we believe that way. it's not enough for you...you want something concrete. We tell you what to study and where it can be found. You refuse to. It's a never ending circle with you...but you are being prayed for.

It's called Faith.

I'm not a real dickhead...but I acted like one in high school.
jplinville is offline  
post #195 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 01:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Stuantle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srf25 View Post
Hey trust me, I understand; my grandfather was a Baptist minister. That upbringing conflicts with the way I think even today, but as you said, one's relationship with God is a personal thing. But that is not the Baptist way, I am sure you'd agree.
I completely and emphatically deny that one religion has it "right", and all others are wrong.
I do not belong to an organized denomination style Church and I believe I have it right.

Whaddaya think of that?
Stuantle is offline  
post #196 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 01:58 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
srf25's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1987 420 SEL Artic White, 1987 260E (RIP), 1993 190E, 1987 560 SEL Artic White (parts)
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
I do not belong to an organized denomination style Church and I believe I have it right.

Whaddaya think of that?
As long as your right, doesn't interfere with my right, I'm okay with it!
srf25 is offline  
post #197 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 01:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
That it is death to people by a large minority of opponents is precisely their point. The nub of the controversy is exactly in that definition. Each side of this argument has forced the other side to take uncomfortable positions of argument. Having accomplished that bit of rhetorical trickery, they talk passed each other in soundbite flashes that ignore the other person and fire-up their own side. The interplay is on this site and in this thread as much as anywhere.

When does life begin? A simple question. Good luck with a simple answer. I'll not burden the reader with a list of the various definitions the two sides have promoted over the years -- could anybody possibly be surprised by something new? I don't think so.

This is how we reduced a very difficult argument to brief flurries of symbols flying hither and yon. In my estimation, anybody who suggests that their own belief is simple, right, and just and should be forced on everybody else is a strange combination of arrogance and naivety. An unpleasant mix.

B
While the definition of when life begins, or more accurately when life is viable is a very important byproduct of the argument, I see the argument more in a group of people who want to impose their moral judgment on another group of people [in this case the entire country], and wish to codify that into US Law. It is that simple. The argument boils down to whether nor not a single religion has the right to impose their beliefs on the population as a whole.

I know there are ancillary arguments to this issue but that is the core argument.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #198 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplinville View Post
You ask for facts. We give you our beliefs and why we believe that way. it's not enough for you...you want something concrete. We tell you what to study and where it can be found. You refuse to. It's a never ending circle with you...but you are being prayed for.

It's called Faith.
Let me give you some parallel argument a Muslim extremist would spit out:
You ask for facts. We give you our beliefs and why we believe that way. it's not enough for you...you want something concrete. We tell you what to study and where it can be found. You refuse to. It's a never ending circle with you...but you are being prayed for.

It's called Iman
DP is offline  
post #199 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 02:00 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
srf25's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1987 420 SEL Artic White, 1987 260E (RIP), 1993 190E, 1987 560 SEL Artic White (parts)
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
While the definition of when life begins, or more accurately when life is viable is a very important byproduct of the argument. I see the argument more in a group of people who want to impose their moral judgment on another group of people [in this case the entire country], and wish to codify that into US Law. It is that simple. The argument boils down to whether nor not a single religion has the right to impose their beliefs on the population as a whole.

I know there are ancillary arguments to this issue but that is the core argument.
^^^ +1
srf25 is offline  
post #200 of 251 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 02:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Stuantle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Oh yeah, teach me a thing or two about that subject. This is an open invitation for you to demonstrate that not only you are right but you have all the facts clearly lined up and verifiable. Give it a try... Don't chicken out with an excuse like jplinville or give background noise like aardvark.
Nope, figure it out for yourself. It's not that difficut. Any lead I give you would just be a set-up for a snotty reply from you. You are simply wrong and need some introspective to come to your own answer.

Neener, neener, neener....................
Stuantle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Doctor doctor Please.......I'm begging you! ThrillKill Off-Topic 2 02-21-2009 07:09 PM
    abortion mlfun Off-Topic 7 11-17-2007 09:49 AM
    !!! Doctor Doctor I Need A Tranny Diagnosis !!! panamacolin W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class 4 06-17-2006 06:46 PM
    another argument for retroactive abortion jjl Off-Topic 9 08-25-2005 07:32 PM
    WTF?: Church Plans to Bury the Ashes of Fetuses From Abortion Clinic GeeS Off-Topic 40 01-27-2005 01:43 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome