Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
^ BTW, Drew, judging by pictures of you, I can't see where you were old enough to vote for Carter. Wrong?
Yep, I voted for Reagan though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 89 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 08:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
She's technically correct. DoD has plans for invading every nation on every continent and most islands. There are war planners who job is to plan invasions from maps to bullets. The thinking is that if a need arose to invade a given bit of real estate a plan could be pulled off the shelf, updated, and run much more quickly than starting de novo.

Then the amphibious fleet runs simulation models for marine assault. After the models get refined they may call for an actual simulated invasion complete with Marines loaded on ships and sent to some god forsaken shadeless, waterless rock to make a beach and air assault. The Army & USAF do the same thing. The branches are increasingly integrating their command structure and running combined arms simulations, too.

So what?

B
I once had a dream about DoD planning a defense from God. or gods, I should say.

They did pretty well with Christ and some others, however they couldn't do much against indian gods.
post #83 of 89 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon View Post
I once had a dream about DoD planning a defense from God. or gods, I should say.

They did pretty well with Christ and some others, however they couldn't do much against indian gods.
Ahh maybe your dream can explain this
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-...ml#post3516928
post #84 of 89 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 05:39 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
Doesn't mean they made the right choice. Free elections or not, it is a painful lesson they will learn. We made a huge mistake when voting with our emotions for Carter instead of making a good fiscal decision. No one is exempt from stupidity, its' just that Palestine voted for their demise rather than for their future. It will go down in history as one of the biggest waste of votes ever.

Qeue up the lefties for snarky comments here:
Isn't democracy great? One more thing, Mahmoud Abbas's term as Palestinian president is over months ago. It ended early this year during Israel's last war on Gaza.

Palestinians voted for Hamas because they wanted an end to the corrupt rule of previous governments, OKed by the US as long as they did Israel's dirty work, BTW.

You have no idea what Hamas is and therefore find it difficult to believe that people actually voted them for reform. Take a look at this article to see things from the perspective of a Western journalist who had actually spent time in Gaza before, during and after Hamas put an end to Fatah coup attempt:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-...ted-image.html
post #85 of 89 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 05:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisdave View Post
Not buying that one without some seriously documented support.
Many things in politics are not documented. The knee-jerk reaction after 9-11 and immediate accusation of alQaeda is harder to believe hadn't the invasion of Afghanistan been planned beforehand. Any way, you may find these interesting:

BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | US 'planned attack on Taleban'
The Afghanistan War was Planned Months Before the 9/11 Attacks
post #86 of 89 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 06:14 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
Many things in politics are not documented. The knee-jerk reaction after 9-11 and immediate accusation of alQaeda is harder to believe hadn't the invasion of Afghanistan been planned beforehand. Any way, you may find these interesting:

BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | US 'planned attack on Taleban'
The Afghanistan War was Planned Months Before the 9/11 Attacks
Of course it was planned, Tahloube. There is no way that a military operation of that size could be mounted in that short a time. As I wrote previously, there are always plans and they are updated frequently in areas of strategic interest. Since Al Qaeda had been operating freely out of Afghanistan for a number of years, and Al Qaeda had claimed responsibility for attacks on US interests abroad and domestically, there is no question that plans were under continual update and intelligence gathering was intensive since the mid-1990's.

I believe where you make a grievous error in understanding is with the word, "planned" in which you imply activity for which there was no evidence -- an arranged pretext for triggering the events. I believe this maybe due to a fundamental misperception of the ability of the USA to keep a secret. It cannot keep a secret. It never has been able to. The news media since this country's inception has published every bleeding activity, legal or illegal, real or imagined, ascribable to the national government. Our government works in a most peculiar way -- it takes advantage of human weakness to protect the people from the government. Each branch is deliberately set at odds with the other two branches. There is a constant probing for weakness to exploit. And it is all laid out for the public to inspect.

Even the most secret information can, with a subpoena, be brought to court or Congress for review.

The possibility that anybody in the US gov could have planned or covered-up some theoretical "real" cause of 9/11 is beyond ludicrous. Conspiracies simply cannot survive in a competitive environment. The truth will out.

Conspiracy theorists are left with "negative" evidence to support their theories. This is the evidence like, "they should have seen", "they should have known" etc.

When looking at the night sky or daylight clouds, the human mind cannot help but impose patterns on the celestial sphere. Our brains are hard-wired for pattern recognition. We simply cannot help it. Even when there is no pattern, we see one.

In closing, I suggest you read the 9/11 Commission Report. It was assembled by a group of highly competitive, very partisan members who are wise to the ways of government and knowledgeable of the intelligence community. The footnotes are especially interesting because tehy provide an extremely unusual glimpse into the hidden world of the intel community.
For your conspiracy to float, it would have to either include these guys as part of a vast conspiracy or they had to be dupes. I can hardly imagine a less likely scenario. It puts the burden squarely on the conspiracy theorists and requires the theorist to produce more than negative evidence and cloud patterns.

http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report.pdf

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and that’s what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #87 of 89 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 08:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Yep, I voted for Reagan though
You realize he also ran for office four years before? Just kidding. Must have been your first time votin'. I clearly remember my first waste of my vote by stepping into the booth, pulling the big lever to close the curtain and flipping the switch for McGovern JUST to cancel my Father's vote for Nixon.

Didn't work out well all around.
post #88 of 89 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 09:06 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quote:
What?? The elections were held in Gaza and the West Bank at the same time and Hamas won by votes from both. It's well known that Hamas is stronger in Gaza where it operates many charities and social programmes as the need for them is greater in the densely populated, poor territory. What happened in Gaza is that Hamas stopped Fatah thugs from spreading chaos to undermine Hamas' rule.
I stand corrected about the elections in the West Bank. Probably my problem comes from Hamas taking such control of Gaza that they have nearly destroyed the place, or caused it to be destroyed and I saw no such recklessness in the West Bank.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #89 of 89 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 09:13 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quote:
Isn't democracy great? One more thing, Mahmoud Abbas's term as Palestinian president is over months ago. It ended early this year during Israel's last war on Gaza.

Palestinians voted for Hamas because they wanted an end to the corrupt rule of previous governments, OKed by the US as long as they did Israel's dirty work, BTW.

You have no idea what Hamas is and therefore find it difficult to believe that people actually voted them for reform. Take a look at this article to see things from the perspective of a Western journalist who had actually spent time in Gaza before, during and after Hamas put an end to Fatah coup attempt:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-...ted-image.html
There is no big secret about Hamas that the world doesn't know. The PC thing is to tell everyone that they really can't understand it because they can't see it from the Palis perspective. BS. Hamas wears it's intentions on it's sleeve for everyone to see. These people wasted their vote on a terrorist organization with no redeeming qualities so quit being an apologist for them. There is no cause. I repeat, THEY HAVE NO CAUSE TO SUPPORT! Due to extreme pride they have put themselves into this position. They need to get over themselves or they will never have a nation of their own. Call it whatever you want, subordinate, capitulate, get on bended knee, whatever. The world has lost it's patience for them and is rapidly moving in the direction of not giving a shit.

People who have no respect for Democracy don't deserve it. They are better off with the tribal mentality that has been so pervasive in the area. Bow to the strongman and realize you will never have a future in the modern world. Like it or not, YOU need to conform to the Western World. The Western World does not need to conform to you or even accomodate you in the slightest way. YOU want to join civilization, we don't want to join you.

Get it? No, of course not, not with that permanent chip on your shoulder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in