In Dallas TX nonetheless... - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 09:47 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
It's simple: Move and keep the decals!
HOA means that they live in a community that agreed to have restrictions and even signed documents pertaining to that at closing. It was up to him to decide to move in or lose his first amendment right to free speech via displays that are contrary to the HOA rules.
I personally would avoid any development with HOA and their associated restrictions. I know that I would be in trouble if I opened my 190E hood to find out what's ailing it. They will definitely fine me if the airbox was laying on the grass while the car is jacked up and the house music is thumping. What if my wife decided to sunbathe on the front lawn? I hear that HOA are worse than the Taliban
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 09:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
jdc1244's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 18,534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I do not see how the stickers for the Marine Corps can be classified as advertising.
You don’t?

Then you need to recuse yourself from the thread as you are not viewing this objectively.
jdc1244 is offline  
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 09:55 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
It's simple: Move and keep the decals!
HOA means that they live in a community that agreed to have restrictions and even signed documents pertaining to that at closing. It was up to him to decide to move in or lose his first amendment right to free speech via displays that are contrary to the HOA rules.
I personally would avoid any development with HOA and their associated restrictions. I know that I would be in trouble if I opened my 190E hood to find out what's ailing it. They will definitely fine me if the airbox was laying on the grass while the car is jacked up and the house music is thumping. What if my wife decided to sunbathe on the front lawn? I hear that HOA are worse than the Taliban

Just keep your payments up or there will be hell to pay.........

Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 09:58 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc1244 View Post
You don’t?

Then you need to recuse yourself from the thread as you are not viewing this objectively.
Huh oh, now he will give you the speech about how you are trampling on his rights to post without being objective and then proceed to tell you that now where in the BW by-laws does it say he has to be objective in his train of thought in any of his BW posts.....
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 10:04 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
jdc1244's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 18,534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Huh oh, now he will give you the speech about how you are trampling on his rights to post without being objective and then proceed to tell you that now where in the BW by-laws does it say he has to be objective in his train of thought in any of his BW posts.....
Heaven forbid.
jdc1244 is offline  
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 10:05 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Just keep your payments up or there will be hell to pay.........

Those rates are actually very cheap. Most fees in the DC area are much higher than that
DP is offline  
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
It's simple: Move and keep the decals!
HOA means that they live in a community that agreed to have restrictions and even signed documents pertaining to that at closing. It was up to him to decide to move in or lose his first amendment right to free speech via displays that are contrary to the HOA rules.
I personally would avoid any development with HOA and their associated restrictions. I know that I would be in trouble if I opened my 190E hood to find out what's ailing it. They will definitely fine me if the airbox was laying on the grass while the car is jacked up and the house music is thumping. What if my wife decided to sunbathe on the front lawn? I hear that HOA are worse than the Taliban
But the restrictions are a proscription on advertising for commercial enterprises. The issue is the apparent misapplication of the rule.

Come on now, you're an educated person...I think. Read what the story said.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 10:52 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
But the restrictions are a proscription on advertising for commercial enterprises. The issue is the apparent misapplication of the rule.

Come on now, you're an educated person...I think. Read what the story said.
There is no misinterpretation. You live in a crappy HOA run facility, you obey the rules. Some even restrict putting out flags.. what if I wanted to hoist an American flag?
DP is offline  
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 11:00 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
There is no misinterpretation. You live in a crappy HOA run facility, you obey the rules. Some even restrict putting out flags.. what if I wanted to hoist an American flag?

I would assume HOA would send someone out to measure the size of your pole to see if it is of adequate size to hoist the size of your flag.......
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
I'll admit, I never considered the possibility than an HOA can dictate what kind of car you drive and what color it must be. It's a car, not a home. Absolutely ridiculous, but even more ridiculous for anyone to volunteer to live under those sorts of captive terms. I live in an HOA area, and I both appreciate and support it. My HOA exists for the express purpose of protecting the natural environment, and assuring that this area never succumbs to urban sprawl.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Not a 126 but a cool Benz nonetheless Dimmuburger W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 9 02-27-2009 01:23 AM
    Doubt it is real but funny nonetheless......... Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 12 01-08-2009 08:53 PM
    Doubt it is real but funny nonetheless......... II mlfun Off-Topic 0 01-08-2009 07:24 PM
    Heresy I know....but a funny poster nonetheless roadsession W163 M-Class 3 07-25-2008 10:29 AM
    Way off-topic, but funny nonetheless... Drew W163 M-Class 1 10-19-2002 01:45 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome