Political Party Considered in Closing Chrysler Dealerships? - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 06:15 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: 99 ML320, 68 Jeepster - turbo'd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
First, your comment says nothing about anything said under deposition.

Really? ing:

"There will never be a really free and enlightened State until the State comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived, and treats him accordingly." --American author and poet Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 06:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budd View Post
Really? ing:
Yes really. It simply says that the lawyer that takes depositions said that Chrysler does not want to shut down dealers.

It does not in any way say that "that one of the attorney's taking depositions from Chrysler found out, while taking depositions that Chrysler does not want to shut down dealers. That is a completely different matter with a completely different significance to the subject.

So, was it just the Attorney's opinion, did Beck say it wrong, did you write it wrong or was it intended to mislead?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #23 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
I have read neither the article nor any of the associated statistics, since the topic seems absolutely moronic. Common sense alone suggests that at least 70% (at least -- 80-85% wouldn't surprise me at all) of American car dealership owners are Republican, thus any number between 60-80% would be expected as a base norm. You get that, right?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #24 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 06:50 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ Stupendous!
post #25 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 06:53 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: 99 ML320, 68 Jeepster - turbo'd
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Yes really. It simply says that the lawyer that takes depositions said that Chrysler does not want to shut down dealers.

It does not in any way say that "that one of the attorney's taking depositions from Chrysler found out, while taking depositions that Chrysler does not want to shut down dealers. That is a completely different matter with a completely different significance to the subject.

So, was it just the Attorney's opinion, did Beck say it wrong, did you write it wrong or was it intended to mislead?
Wow - you are really that dense - he got the info from the depositions. Now that I know you have no intellect to use inductive reasoning I will try to be more clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
I have read neither the article nor any of the associated statistics, since the topic seems absolutely moronic. Common sense alone suggests that at least 70% (at least -- 80-85% wouldn't surprise me at all) of American car dealership owners are Republican, thus any number between 60-80% would be expected as a base norm. You get that, right?
Then why so far over 99% GOP supporters closed?

Edit: And a refusal for transparency to the reasoning?

"There will never be a really free and enlightened State until the State comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived, and treats him accordingly." --American author and poet Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
post #26 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Just glancing through the first 14 pages of that rather long and tedious list you posted (the one that doesn't include any donations from the Clinton years), I'd guess it looks about 70-30 GOP at best. Anyone who takes this ridiculous tinfoil crap seriously needs to turn off the AM radio and regroup. Absolutely moronic. For goodness sake, get a grip.

Conservative Bloggers Charge Obama's Auto Task Force With Playing Politics on Chrysler Dealer Closings - Political News - FOXNews.com

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #27 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 07:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Wow - you are really that dense - he got the info from the depositions. Now that I know you have no intellect to use inductive reasoning I will try to be more clear.
How do you know that he gleaned the opinion from the depositions? Or do you ASSUME that? Could he also have political basis for the tint of his opinions? Could he have gleaned the opinion based on conversation outside of depositions? Could he have clients that find that posture advantagious? I don't make assumptions when reading. It leads to misinterpretation.

Quote:

From where are you getting your 99% number? There should be four groups of dealers.
  • Those who gave to Republicans,
  • those who gave to Democrats,
  • those who gave to both and
  • those who gave to neither.

Until we see a database that provides ALL of the information I assume we are seeing skewed data, considering the source material shown to date.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #28 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Nincompoop posts are up 67% here in BWOT since Obama was elected
post #29 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 07:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:

Budd,

Get a grip. "Inductive reasoning" is not some high intellectual capability, it is a fancy sounding set of words for making up bullshit - lying in more common terms. In fact, in math and science the concept of "inductive reasoning" is generally considered to be a figment of smaller minds. Like yours as you apparently believe merely stating the lawyer (often considered another fancy word for liar) got his information from the depositions means that is where he got the information from, without any back up other than that blustery bullshit you tossed out at mcbear.

Inductive reasoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is the first line of the Wiki entry:

"Induction or inductive reasoning, sometimes called inductive logic, is reasoning which takes us "beyond the confines of our current evidence or knowledge to conclusions about the unknown.""
post #30 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 07:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Nincompoop posts are up 67% here in BWOT since Obama was elected
I was at a dinner table this evening with six people. One reminded my of some of our Shrinking28. We talked about two hours as a group. As dinner ended he hit the bar for drinks...alone. The rest of us wandered up to my room for another short planner for tomorrow morning.

One of the folks said that this guy was about to drive her nuts, two more chimed in. One asked how I could just continue to talk to him, walk him in circles and watch as he painted himself into corner after corner [this was a table of six systems analysts and one marketing "guru"]. I just laughed and said I had lots of practice.

Guess which one was the marketing guy?

McBear,
Kentucky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in