BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
So, now you conservatives are going to contradict yourselves again, I see. Tell me, does a business owner have control over his workplace or not?
It was not the business owner who asked the person to remove the flag.

If you are going to ask dumb questions you can at least try to get something correct once in awhile.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:28 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
It was not the business owner who asked the person to remove the flag.

If you are going to ask dumb questions you can at least try to get something correct once in awhile.
As I read the article, the business owner (or at least manager) responded to the complaint of one other supervisor and other alleged complaints from customers and acted by instructing the person to remove the flag.

I think this is a really difficult case because you have the rights of multiple individuals bleeding into each other. The office was shared by three people, so they should all have equal say into any decorating choices that are made, whether they are aesthetic or patriotic in nature. But more importantly, the business owner has the right to ensure the business environment does not contain things that could potentially alienate customers. A flag is as much a political statement as anything else. Unfortunately the same flag can mean different things to different people.

I think it is sad that someone would be offended by the flag of their nation. And I would be especially offended if it was an immigrant doing the complaining - it would make me wonder why they left their country to come to my country in the first place. I've got a small flag up on the bulletin board at my desk, so I empathize with her. But she doesn't have the right to impose that wish on a shared workspace in a company she doesn't own.
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:30 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
This would have been not an issue if it was an Israeli flag Who would dare? In my opinion, an American flag is such an easy target
post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
The thing is that overseas they would never ask the guy signing their paychecks to take the flag down, I think the business owner has the right to do what he wants or does it not work that way in Alabama?
What does Alabama have to do with it? This is the United States of America. I'm sure if I wanted to paste my American flags all over the workplace in Jakarta, I'd probably be told to fuck off. If the bitching, whining, chronically offended don't like the American Flag IN AMERICA, they can go the fuck home. The last time I looked, there was only one flag flying over the United States or did that change sometime while I was asleep last night?

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
What does Alabama have to do with it? This is the United States of America. I'm sure if I wanted to paste my American flags all over the workplace in Jakarta, I'd probably be told to fuck off. If the bitching, whining, chronically offended don't like the American Flag IN AMERICA, they can go the fuck home. The last time I looked, there was only one flag flying over the United States or did that change sometime while I was asleep last night?

Hmmm so according to cmitch the business owner/managers are wrong and the employee is right and the business owner/managers should get the fuck out? What are you, a Communist?
post #16 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Here's my opinion as a business owner: it's my property, fuck you if you don't like what I want to do with it. It's my republican side.
Hey Mr. Big Business owner, (lol).....is there even room in that rented cubicle for a 3' X 5' flag? ....or just snug enough for a pair of sandals and your business card pinned to the corkboard?

Who is on your "Board of Directors" lol...
post #17 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by el pres View Post
Hey Mr. Big Business owner, (lol).....is there even room in that rented cubicle for a 3' X 5' flag? ....or just snug enough for a pair of sandals and your business card pinned to the corkboard?

Who is on your "Board of Directors" lol...
It is probably bigger than the toilet stall where you do business. Tell me, is the price of a blow job up or down due to the economic downturn? And how's the dental insurance, does it cover your pushed-in teeth? It is occupational, after all.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #18 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
Would have been a lot more interesting if she was wearing it.

She was...........

post #19 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:19 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
She was...........

That's some chunky prime slabs of jigglies
post #20 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
... How about a nice Nazi flag ....
I can't think of a more appropriate person to propose that displaying a Nazi flag is equivalent to an American flag.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and that’s what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in