Is Tithing compulsory - Page 8 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 05:44 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by dope View Post
I make no secret of the fact that I consider anyone who believes in talking snakes, imaginary friends in the sky, angels, demons etc., either immature or retarded. Insecurity is not a feature of extreme agnosticism. As usual, do your homework and avoid the temptation to pose your own opinions and weaknesses as reality.
Thanks for making my point.

If your ideas could stand on their own you wouldn't need to tear down the beliefs of others.

It is quite simple actually. You probably practice that simple principle in your personal life. You probably do not make a habit of tearing into people personally when you meet them.

However, the anonymity of interweb tubez allow your true personality to flourish.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 05:51 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Totally agree with that concept, TNTRower.
I am an architect by trade. Designed commercial up to 300,000 sq ft, and all the way down to the decks in your back yard. Most of my clients are homeowners, since I LOVE remodeling. You have to consider who you are dealing with. I approach clients (homeowners) as if they have a 5th grade education in construction, and adjust from there as the meeting goes on (and I've seriously had folks ask "what is a 2"x4"?).
Some are quite interested in the structure, and others could care less. Those who are interested, you walk em through the process.
Same here when dealing with Christianity.
Some could care less.
Some are critical and don't want the project to proceed
Some are on a learning curve and are open minded.
Some have something to lose, and are critical.(generally their loss is due to guilt or conviction).
We are no threat to them, as you state, but we are torn apart, nonetheless. No Matter, because we are aware of how the project will end up. We read the outcome, and see how the mansion will turn out. All we can do is take the critique and understand their lack of knowledge in the matters. In the end, we are assured of payment. The account has already been balanced, via Jesus. Their account is not yet settled. Inevitably theirs will be. You warn them, and in love try and help.
You can lead a horse to water......

Aardvark
True Dat homey!

on a side note the 2x4 comment made me go back to this last bit of time off I had (6 months of vacation per year with a full year salary, gotta love the offshore oil industry). I bought some lumber from a specialty wholesaler to build a bed for my daughter.

They started talking about "eight quarter, 4 quarter, 16 quarter" and I felt like a complete idiot. I mean I am used to dimensional lumber and have built garages, sheds, finished basements, etc.

When I asked them what it all meant we had a good laugh. Ya' learn something new everyday.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
post #73 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 05:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Location: N/W Chicago in the cornfields
Posts: 12,141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
And Dope.
Your considered intellect will be your demise. Understand you have extremely limited knowledge of what is around you. Your arrogance to believe you know everything is astounding. There are a estimated 13 dimensions, and even in group think, science still is unsure of how all of this got here, let alone how it was constructed. YET there is a source which was able to do all of what you see, and don't see. I believe it to be God, and Spirit leadings confirm this too often. Your arrogance tells you are all knowing. FALSE!
If one neuron from God's brain was placed in your head, your head would explode.

You cannot outthink or even comprehend God. No one can. It snakes talk, and things happen, does it come from the other 9 (or so) dimensions you don't see? How would you know, Mr Wizard?

Aardvark
aardvark is offline  
post #74 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 05:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Don't you hate it when somebody tells you they know more than you know, while demonstrating otherwise?

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and that’s what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
post #75 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 05:56 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Location: N/W Chicago in the cornfields
Posts: 12,141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
TNTRower
And there's 5/4ths deck boards which really aren't, but used to be.

Life is fun. Blessings, Bro!
Gotta run.

Aardvark
aardvark is offline  
post #76 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 05:56 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
And Dope.
Your considered intellect will be your demise. Understand you have extremely limited knowledge of what is around you. Your arrogance to believe you know everything is astounding. There are a estimated 13 dimensions, and even in group think, science still is unsure of how all of this got here, let alone how it was constructed. YET there is a source which was able to do all of what you see, and don't see. I believe it to be God, and Spirit leadings confirm this too often. Your arrogance tells you are all knowing. FALSE!
If one neuron from God's brain was placed in your head, your head would explode.

You cannot outthink or even comprehend God. No one can. It snakes talk, and things happen, does it come from the other 9 (or so) dimensions you don't see? How would you know, Mr Wizard?

Aardvark
I am sorry, that just struck as hysterical.

But then again I thought the movie "Death to Smoochie" was hysterical as well.

Edit:
Thoughts of Dope in a dark room tied to seatless chair with a bare lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. George Bush standing over him with a glowing Petri dish while Dick Cheney sits in his wheelchair in the corner rubbing his hands together. All the While Rumsfeld standing guard at the door when all of a sudden Jack Bauer busts in the door and says "Hey guys am I late?" GW hands him the dish and JAck says in a thick Zionist German Accent "Vee 'ave vays to make you speek, 'ya?" "Vun nooron vrom zis deesh and Pfflt! yoor head veel ausbrechen!"

(cue evil laugh)

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu

Last edited by TNTRower; 05-31-2009 at 06:02 AM.
TNTRower is offline  
post #77 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 05:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Location: N/W Chicago in the cornfields
Posts: 12,141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Botnst
You like quotes.
Science without religion is lame
Religion without science is blind----Einstein

Aardvark
aardvark is offline  
post #78 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 06:04 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Smackrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Thanks for making my point.

If your ideas could stand on their own you wouldn't need to tear down the beliefs of others.

It is quite simple actually. You probably practice that simple principle in your personal life. You probably do not make a habit of tearing into people personally when you meet them.

However, the anonymity of interweb tubez allow your true personality to flourish.
We've been through this before. Scientific method does absolutely stand on its feet, whereas belief in the supernatural does not. If the subject arises, I tell people to their face how I see the world and how I consider people who live in fantasy. One step further on and without the millennia of tradition behind them, those people would be sectioned under the mental health act.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
Smackrattle is offline  
post #79 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 06:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Smackrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
I am sorry, that just struck as hysterical.

But then again I thought the movie "Death to Smoochie" was hysterical as well.

Edit:
Thoughts of Dope in a dark room tied to seatless chair with a bare lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. George Bush standing over him with a glowing Petri dish while Dick Cheney sits in his wheelchair in the corner rubbing his hands together. All the While Rumsfeld standing guard at the door when all of a sudden Jack Bauer busts in the door and says "Hey guys am I late?" GW hands him the dish and JAck says in a thick Zionist German Accent "Vee 'ave vays to make you speek, 'ya?" "Vun nooron vrom zis deesh and Pfflt! yoor head veel ausbrechen!"


(cue evil laugh)
See what i was saying about living in a fantasy world? Have you explained these thoughts to your handler?

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
Smackrattle is offline  
post #80 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 06:12 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by dope View Post
We've been through this before. Scientific method does absolutely stand on its feet, whereas belief in the supernatural does not. If the subject arises, I tell people to their face how I see the world and how I consider people who live in fantasy. One step further on and without the millennia of tradition behind them, those people would be sectioned under the mental health act.
And that is why of course you always go straight to the ad hominem attacks when people disagree with you or your interpretation.

Probably stems from your bias:

Quote:
I make no secret of the fact that I consider anyone who believes in talking snakes, imaginary friends in the sky, angels, demons etc., either immature or retarded. -Dope
And of course you think that because your beliefs could not possibly be as valid as a person of faith's. Yours are superior but in order to be superior those who disagree with you have to be "retarded" or somehow less than you when it comes to measuring cognitive ability.

Please, keep telling us more. This is fun.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome