Kim Pow Bang Bang. Somebody's going to catch Hill - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 142 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,160
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
There is more chance of China taking action than the UN. UN is all about political farting. This device was detonated almost on the NK/China boarder.

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 142 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 03:34 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
 
Digmenow's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 36,501
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1272 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
You KNOW you've done something unpopular when...

Iran denounces North Korean nuclear test
5/25/2009 11:57 AM ET

(RTTNews) - Iran, once branded by the west as a part of an "axis of evil" along with North Korea over its nuclear program, criticized the nuclear test conducted Monday by Pyongyang.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said this while responding to a question during a press conference in capital Tehran.

"Iran basically opposes nuclear weapons and favors international efforts for global de-nuclearization," he told reporters.

Iran is facing the threat of a fifth round of sanctions from the U.N. Security Council to pressure it to stop enriching uranium. It is irked by the continuing interference by the west, demanding transparency of its nuclear activities.

Tehran denies that it is seeking to develop nuclear weapons, and insists that uranium-enrichment is meant for peaceful purposes.

Ahmmedinejad also denied that Iran had had any nuclear cooperation with North Korea, and added: "Iran's civil and nuclear program is developed depending solely on indigenous know-how and experts".

by RTT Staff Writer

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Digmenow is online now  
post #23 of 142 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 05:06 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
Are UN resolutions these days and age not worth the paper they are written on ?
Where's the "international community" who will stand up to N Korea ?


Hold on now, I thought George Bush and Co. made a deal with Little Kim to play nice, gave him financial incentives and world peace from North Korea was to blossom and prosper? What happened did he not make the bst deal? What was Ms. Rice doing all those trips? Did Bush & Co. make a bad deal?
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #24 of 142 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 05:29 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,160
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Hold on now, I thought George Bush and Co. made a deal with Little Kim to play nice, gave him financial incentives and world peace from North Korea was to blossom and prosper? What happened did he not make the bst deal? What was Ms. Rice doing all those trips? Did Bush & Co. make a bad deal?
This is what happened:

It promised to shutdown the Yongbyon nuclear plant as part of an aid-for-disarmament deal and in response, the US removed North Korea from its terrorism blacklist.

But the US suspended energy aid in December 2008 following a breakdown in international talks and Pyongyang's failure to verify the shutdown of its facility.

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is offline  
post #25 of 142 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 05:47 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
This is what happened:

It promised to shutdown the Yongbyon nuclear plant as part of an aid-for-disarmament deal and in response, the US removed North Korea from its terrorism blacklist.

But the US suspended energy aid in December 2008 following a breakdown in international talks and Pyongyang's failure to verify the shutdown of its facility.

I also remember a big international doo about release of some USD it was either 25 million or 25 billion that was part of the deal.
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #26 of 142 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 05:49 AM
slightly creased
 
420 SE's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Location: Gold Coast, QLD, AUS & Doha, Qatar
Posts: 16,175
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

420 SE is offline  
post #27 of 142 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:02 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Feb 2003
Location: Estados Unidos
Posts: 3,222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is it true Obama is seeking advice from John Bolton on this issue?
el pres is offline  
post #28 of 142 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
The Bush administration extended the failing policies of the Clinton Administration and got the same result. Another of Jimmy Carter's pearls of accomplishments. Can we agree that the policies of the previous 12 years have not worked?

Hopefully Mr Obama will find a new approach to that intractable mess.

China will not allow sanctions strong enough to force the collapse of the regime. NK is not a puppet regime of China. Like Japan v China, Korea v China have a centuries-long mutual dislike and distrust.

NK has a formidable army and now (apparently) nukes. Though China's army has improved greatly following their own disastrous war with Vietnam, they would still have a hell of a fight on their hands if NK felt they had nothing to lose in a all-out war either down the Peninsula in fratricidal war or onto the continent in war with their generational foe. The Chinese regime's grip on it's own power is not strong enough that it could necessarily survive a war. It's army would survive but the civilian leadership could be threatened, resulting in a possible fractionation into the traditional warlord power centers that previous emperors were compelled to play off each other.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and that’s what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama

Last edited by Botnst; 05-26-2009 at 06:13 AM.
Botnst is offline  
post #29 of 142 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:13 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,160
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by el pres View Post
Is it true Obama is seeking advice from John Bolton on this issue?
You mean the American representative to the UN? If so then I would not doubt it.

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is offline  
post #30 of 142 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:37 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,160
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
The Bush administration extended the failing policies of the Clinton Administration and got the same result. Another of Jimmy Carter's pearls of accomplishments. Can we agree that the policies of the previous 12 years have not worked?

Hopefully Mr Obama will find a new approach to that intractable mess.

China will not allow sanctions strong enough to force the collapse of the regime. NK is not a puppet regime of China. Like Japan v China, Korea v China have a centuries-long mutual dislike and distrust.

NK has a formidable army and now (apparently) nukes. Though China's army has improved greatly following their own disastrous war with Vietnam, they would still have a hell of a fight on their hands if NK felt they had nothing to lose in a all-out war either down the Peninsula in fratricidal war or onto the continent in war with their generational foe. The Chinese regime's grip on it's own power is not strong enough that it could necessarily survive a war. It's army would survive but the civilian leadership could be threatened, resulting in a possible fractionation into the traditional warlord power centers that previous emperors were compelled to play off each other.
An interesting post there Bot.

I do not believe the Chinese are foolish enough to take on North Korea although they would most probably win. As you said it would be a disaster for the chinese leadership.

However you can not compare the china relationship with Japan to that of North Korea. For one the chinese side has not forgiven Japan for the second world war atrocities, and for two the Japanese are not communist.

North Korea are communist and on a border with China, there is a certain distrust but it is a whole different relationship. China have both supported and held serious dialogue with NK for years now and China is the best candidate to help them come to terms with the rest of the world on the nuke issue.

The UN are paper weight types and America keeps backing down, offering concessions and then failing to fulfill them.

I do not blame America for backing down as NK never keeps their side of the deal as they do not intend to give up the nuke thing.

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    big bang rawai1966 W140 S-Class 7 08-15-2008 03:51 AM
    Bang endodoc W164 M-Class 11 06-13-2006 03:28 PM
    out with a bang? mzsmbs Off-Topic 2 02-02-2006 06:02 AM
    Bang Bang lander91 W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 2 12-02-2005 02:30 AM
    More bang for the buck iceman2 General Mercedes-Benz 3 02-01-2004 11:37 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome